Welcome new members!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I have no idea why it took me so long to check this place out. @Alli invited me several months ago. I think I was intimidated by your political prowess I've witnessed over at MR. I never paid much attention to politics until the 45th arrived. By then, I knew I had to pay attention.

Anyway......nice to find y'all. Most of you seem to be as bent as I am.
jVbyCna.gif
We have sent out many invites where people either declined or did not reply and I totally get that, jumping on a new board takes that much more energy and with all the social media out there it can really take the oxygen out of someone's day. Those I invite only get one message and I never begrudge them if it's not for them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't posted much in a while because with the Biden administration it appears that adults are back in charge and there's no daily flood of Twitter nonsense coming out of the White House.
It's refreshing, isn't it? We now have a sense of calm and normalcy again, let the Republicans cry, they've lost everything and have essentially been neutered so it's all just hot air anyway.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't it wonderful?!!!! I no longer open The Washington Post website and get a bunch of articles about some nonsense the Orange Man has spouted in tweets, or something he's done or hasn't done, etc., etc. We at last after four miserable years have a real president again!
Truly refreshing not listening to the daily ravings of that giant sputtering asshole.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't posted much in a while because with the Biden administration it appears that adults are back in charge and there's no daily flood of Twitter nonsense coming out of the White House.

I know, and I agree.

As someone who was (and probably, in my heart and mind, sort of still is) a professional historian, I just keep attempting to persuade myself that this is not an unsettling re-run of those (deceptively calm years, when the forces of "democracy" appeared to have won that immediate battle, and that lying, cowardly, cruel, mentally unbalanced, screaming clown - with his powerful, cynical, amoral and enabling friends - whose crude attempt at a coup had been effectively defeated and who had himself been disgraced) years (in Weimar Germany) between, let us say, 1924 and 1929.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Isn't that great?

I keep telling my wife I'm in a very good place lately. Partly because spring is coming. Partly because people are getting vaccinated. But mostly because I no longer have to wake up every goddamn morning thinking to myself, "Jesus Christ, what has that asshole done now??"

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I know, and I agree.

As someone who was (and probably, in my heart and mind, sort of still is) a professional historian, I just keep attempting to persuade myself that this is not an unsettling re-run of those (deceptively calm years, when the forces of "democracy" apeared to have won that immediate battle, and that lying, cowardly, cruel, mentally unbalanced, screaming clown - with his powerful, cynical, amoral and enabling friends - whose crude attempt at a coup had been effectively defeated and who had been disgraced) years (in Weimar Germany) between, let us say, 1924 and 1929.
Oh, for sure. The parallels are always in the back of my mind--particularly that both periods of time had/have an extremely large group of angry people who felt they had been "wronged" somehow, and a maniacal demagogue more than willing to lead them.

This could still go sideways in a few years, which is why I'm adamant that Biden and the Democrats need to do everything they can to limit right wing propaganda, voter suppression and GOP gerrymandering. And if that means getting rid of the filibuster so we can set up laws forbidding these things, so be it.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Isn't it wonderful?!!!! I no longer open The Washington Post website and get a bunch of articles about some nonsense the Orange Man has spouted in tweets, or something he's done or hasn't done, etc., etc. We at last after four miserable years have a real president again!
Unfortunately, others are vying to replace Trump's craziness. Exhibit A is Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson:

In an interview Thursday with syndicated radio host Joe Pagliarulo, Johnson said of those who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 to try to stop Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s electoral victory: “I knew those were people who love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law, so I wasn’t concerned.”

Seriously, is this guy even sane?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Unfortunately, others are vying to replace Trump's craziness. Exhibit A is Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson:

In an interview Thursday with syndicated radio host Joe Pagliarulo, Johnson said of those who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 to try to stop Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s electoral victory: “I knew those were people who love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law, so I wasn’t concerned.”

Seriously, is this guy even sane?

Not only is he not sane, - and that is reaching for a charitable explanation - but, whether or not he is sane, he is delusional and in denial, for he is also excusing the inexcusable, a stance which is entirely unacceptable in an elected official, a Senator.

Top Bottom
1 2