Welcome new members!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Talk to me when you’ve had the 12 month prsi ban.
OK - I’m about halfway through mine. Of course, I’ve now been threatened with a full shutdown of my account simply because I had the temerity to report offensive posts and then use the “contact form” as they always tell me to, and question their omniscience.

D

Deleted member 199

OK - I’m about halfway through mine. Of course, I’ve now been threatened with a full shutdown of my account simply because I had the temerity to report offensive posts and then use the “contact form” as they always tell me to, and question their omniscience.
I mean, what did you really expect them to do when you followed their instructions for reporting issues and disputing decisions? Not threaten you?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'm feeling so left out. I got a warning once years ago for calling someone ignorant. Since then I've always taken it as a personal challenge to speak my mind without crossing the line. It's like a fun little game for me.

All these years later, I'm still the "good kid" in the class I guess. 😞

D

Deleted member 199

I'm feeling so left out. I got a warning once years ago for calling someone ignorant. Since then I've always taken it as a personal challenge to speak my mind without crossing the line. It's like a fun little game for me.

Variety is the spice of life. We're better for having you here. We don't all need to be miscreants!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

You are not alone!

Or, well, maybe you are. But up until yesterday I had received neither warning nor suspension, only suffered a post getting edited to remove an obscenity (completely changing the meaning of the sentence). I try to not directly insult people and to stay within the rules while calling out bullshit once in a while.

Haven’t been over there today, so at the moment I guess it’s Schrödinger's warning/suspension for me. Not that I think I broke any rules, but I am no mod.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You are not alone!

Or, well, maybe you are. But up until yesterday I had received neither warning nor suspension, only suffered a post getting edited to remove an obscenity (completely changing the meaning of the sentence). I try to not directly insult people and to stay within the rules while calling out bullshit once in a while.

Haven’t been over there today, so at the moment I guess it’s Schrödinger's warning/suspension for me. Not that I think I broke any rules, but I am no mod.
Walking on eggshells is commonplace there. I would ask myself "how can I phrase this in such a way not to even slightly offend someone and get penalized" on a regular basis (as I suspect most do). Then I just said fuck all the rules and fragile egos and started my own site, here we are.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Walking on eggshells is commonplace there. I would ask myself "how can I phrase this in such a way not to even slightly offend someone and get penalized" on a regular basis (as I suspect most do). Then I just said fuck all the rules and fragile egos and started my own site, here we are.
To be honest, for me with some people it turned into “how can I phrase this in such a way to offend the asshat while keeping the post nice” for repeat offenders.

I am no angel. Spew bullshit without backing it up with sources and I may go all “Rawr!” over there. I’m possibly allergic.

I don’t mind opposing views. I love opposing views! Civil discussions over opposing views are the best!

But to stay on topic… If there is any member I’ve missed to say “Hello and welcome!” to — Hello and welcome!

U

User.45

To be honest, for me with some people it turned into “how can I phrase this in such a way to offend the asshat while keeping the post nice” for repeat offenders.

I am no angel. Spew bullshit without backing it up with sources and I may go all “Rawr!” over there. I’m possibly allergic.

I don’t mind opposing views. I love opposing views! Civil discussions over opposing views are the best!

But to stay on topic… If there is any member I’ve missed to say “Hello and welcome!” to — Hello and welcome!

I got a suspension maybe once, then I got one for telling someone "you're full of it," and when I responded how hilarious this was (i was laughing about this for a week), Steve went back 3 months to upgrade it to a permaban:D

The context is funny, because each of these violations was a follow up to me asking somebody to show good-faith in their discussion by making supporting arguments about their single-line obviously trolling statements, that were responded to with - surprise - single line trolling statements. In the November one I asked the guy if he actually read the link he posted which supported the opposite of his statements on every level.

Relentless Power told me to own up to me being unable to stick to the rules.:D Little does he know that this is more like a badge of honor that shows how their modding decisions encouraged trolling.

1622048728184.png

D

Deleted member 199

I was actually thinking the same thing earlier. The conversations there often feel artificially sterile because there is that conscious need to keep on the safe side of some invisible moving line.

It’s like 90s Picard vs 2020 Picard. The STNG episodes were fine when I was a kid but as an adult I guarantee I’ll be cringing at the lack of things real people do and say.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was actually thinking the same thing earlier. The conversations there often feel artificially sterile because there is that conscious need to keep on the safe side of some invisible moving line.

It’s like 90s Picard vs 2020 Picard. The STNG episodes were fine when I was a kid but as an adult I guarantee I’ll be cringing at the lack of things real people do and say.

Found this staff photo (not pictured are Apple_Wannabe and icanthazamodposition)

017b427d-f4ef-404f-88a7-790af908b804-1020x612.jpeg

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

I recently rewatched TNG because tons of time and all lately. You are spot on. It went from high on the list to low on the list. It didn't age well at all in my opinion. Deep Space Nine retained the crown of course. 😁

D

Deleted member 199

I recently rewatched TNG because tons of time and all lately. You are spot on. It went from high on the list to low on the list. It didn't age well at all in my opinion. Deep Space Nine retained the crown of course. 😁
I started watching voyager from the beginning (it was late 90s before it aired for us and was always on at ridiculous times for a kid in high school to expect to watch it, so I never saw all the episodes originally)

it um... yeah.. I didn’t make it all the way through.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I started watching voyager from the beginning (it was late 90s before it aired for us and was always on at ridiculous times for a kid in high school to expect to watch it, so I never saw all the episodes originally)

it um... yeah.. I didn’t make it all the way through.

It's funny, I rewatched them all knowing TNG was great and Voyager and Enterprise were crap. I didn't enjoy TNG and did enjoy Voyager and Enterprise. They're not good Star Trek necessarily, but it was a fun way to kill an hour during a pandemic.

It's all about my expectations heading in I guess.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I've not been suspended but I've been warned not to try to be a do-gooder online when it comes to warning others on the board over there about what might land THEM in trouble if they do what I did and got warned about. Has fetched me a number of warnings about not discussing specific moderation.

Now I don't bother but I'm still tempted once in awhile when I see something that might fetch a report and a warning or worse.

Either I'm just getting too old for such games or I'm finally growing up and letting people deal with life as it is on their own, since by the grace of whoever may in fact run the world, I do know I'm not who runs the world.

I feel badly for some of these characters though, since I suspect a few are just teenagers and getting a wrong idea about extent of their own real power while they around online trying to see what they can get away with in social media interactions. What flies in here is not the same as in reality... which of course is part of why at least in the USA, we increasingly see evidence of people thinking they can operate in a universe based on facts of their choice or invention.

(Yeah I've been warned for going off topic... WELCOME NEW MEMBERS !! )

Top Bottom
1 2