well its not going well for trump in the courts.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
this is only for a few ballots compared to the millions or maybe its billions trump has claimed are fake. Trumps lawyers always seem to be pretty bad. I guess if you don't pay them thats what you get.

At the city’s federal courthouse on Thursday evening, attorneys for Trump asked a judge to issue an emergency order to stop the count, alleging that all Republican observers had been barred.
Under sharp questioning from Judge Paul S. Diamond, however, they conceded that Trump in fact had “a nonzero number of people in the room,” leaving Diamond audibly exasperated.
“I’m sorry, then what’s your problem?” asked Diamond, who was appointed to the federal bench by President George W. Bush. Denying Trump’s request, Diamond struck a deal for 60 observers from each party to be allowed inside.
At one point on Friday afternoon, 12 Republican observers and five Democrats were watching the count, according to a ballot counter who was working.
After that “nonzero” answer, Diamond pressed the Trump campaign lawyer to be more explicit — and he suggestively invoked their standing with the bar: “I’m asking you as a member of the bar of this court: Are people representing the plaintiffs in the room?” The lawyer responded more directly: “Yes.” By the end of the hearing, Diamond invoked his right to make sure lawyers in his courtroom acted in good faith.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So tedious and petty. They're going to have to stop this pretty soon. Even among Trump supporters now, something like only 3% believe he actually won re-election.

Insanity.

lizkat

Reaction score
OK so not going great in Scotland for Trump either. Might be fending off Scottish "Unexplained Wealth Orders" regarding financing of his properties there?

This is not a new discussion in the Scottish Parliament, apparently, but maybe now it might matter more to Trump if he's looking for a more hospitable place than the USA to settle down in and play golf as a private citizen. Oops. Anyway, maybe scratch Scotland. Perhaps there's another golf resort of his with a financial provenance can pass muster with a host getting around to checking the paperwork.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1326939629057167361/

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Might be fending off Scottish "Unexplained Wealth Orders"
Unexplained Wealth Orders.
Love it.
FINCEN Financial Crimes Enforcement Network is truly able to track all financial flows globally. Quite amazing.

and only frightening to people who do money laundering, actually.

surely some country, some entity somewhere can put this guy physically in jail.

lets see his gun totin' base bring their AR15s to SingSing's gates to spring him.

(topic focus change. sorry in advance: YR, i can't wait until trump catches COVID-19 again for him to learn that immunity lasts only 6 months. i am sorry for expressing this evil feeling, its in my heart.)

lizkat

Reaction score
NY AG has apparently laid hands on more financial records from the family of the Trump organization's CFO... some complicated perks provided by Trump to the CFO's famliy members may not have had full values dislosed or tax liabilities properly disclosed.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1326933237738868738/

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
OK so not going great in Scotland for Trump either. Might be fending off Scottish "Unexplained Wealth Orders" regarding financing of his properties there?

This is not a new discussion in the Scottish Parliament, apparently, but maybe now it might matter more to Trump if he's looking for a more hospitable place than the USA to settle down in and play golf as a private citizen. Oops. Anyway, maybe scratch Scotland. Perhaps there's another golf resort of his with a financial provenance can pass muster with a host getting around to checking the paperwork.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1326939629057167361/
I doubt he's going to find much solace in an independent Scotland… especially one back in the EU. :)

Saudi Arabia or Russia are still his best options.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
(topic focus change. sorry in advance: YR, i can't wait until trump catches COVID-19 again for him to learn that immunity lasts only 6 months. i am sorry for expressing this evil feeling, its in my heart.)
Oh you're not alone!

NY AG has apparently laid hands on more financial records from the family of the Trump organization's CFO... some complicated perks provided by Trump to the CFO's famliy members may not have had full values dislosed or tax liabilities properly disclosed.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1326933237738868738/
Christ. Aren't those two faces just made for slapping?

Soon after it came out I read Bob Woodward's Rage… Trump is quoted, “I bring rage out,” and it is true.

Whenever I see those faces I feel quite violent. And it is not my usual nature.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Oh you're not alone!

Soon after it came out I read Bob Woodward's Rage… Trump is quoted, “I bring rage out,” and it is true.

Whenever I see those faces I feel quite violent. And it is not my usual nature.

I'm laughing aloud reading this; what a lovely sentence, beautifully balanced and constructed.

But yes, they absolutely are, my fingers and fists are twitching, too, - and, as I am something of a lapsed pacifist, as it happens, I not remotely violent by nature (or nurture), either.
Russia.

Golfing is awful in Saudi Arabia. The sand traps are murder.
Russia.

Every bit as gaudy and tawdry in the aesthetic that could be called "dictator chic" but far more tolerant of human lapses. And big; you can lose yourself in Russia, play golf, hunt, hide, steal, swim......

lizkat

Reaction score
I doubt he's going to find much solace in an independent Scotland… especially one back in the EU. :)

Saudi Arabia or Russia are still his best options.

Let's not forget Trump's deal to sell $23 billion worth of weapons including F-35s and drones to the United Arab Emirates, after assuring Netanyahu that the US would continue to assure Israel keeps a "qualitative edge" in the Middle East arms race. This as follow-on to UAE normalizing relations with Israel.

Sure there are probably extradition treaties, but sometimes the print on a document may grow faint. Trump likes to parlay other people's money into deals that end up to his own benefit. Congressional committees with oversight on this stuff may revise these deals but the last time they turned down a chance to distribute armsmaking bucks around the heartland was gee i dunno do u?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Oh you're not alone!

Let’s add the other adult son.

464E9794-39F4-4240-997C-639E1831A492.gif

Anybody here good at deep fakes?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Let’s add the adult other son.

As my brother remarked - when we were chatting by phone earlier this week - they sort of remind you of Saddam's awful sons.

To my eye, they seem to have mastered that quite distinctive look of "dictator male offspring", a look that is a blend of the boorish, the bullying, and the crassly entirely entitled, attired in well cut suits, but completely brainless, yet somehow skilled at oafish thuggery and offering a pallid - almost tentative - simulacrum of the better known paternal swagger.

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So tedious and petty. They're going to have to stop this pretty soon. Even among Trump supporters now, something like only 3% believe he actually won re-election.

Insanity.

Plus if you look they are after a few hundred ballots not the millions they have claimed as fraud. where is the court cases for the rampant fraud??? this is just as lame as Rudy's press conference and most of his time in office. just screws ups lousy legal actions poorly written legal actions and on and on.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
seems are least one group of trump lawyers have bailed on voter fraud. I wonder if the check bounced
No.

As both @lizkat and @ericgtr12 have remarked, I think it much more likely that they may have (even if ever so belatedly) realised that by continuing these lawsuits, advancing arguments that they know are untrue, that they may be risking their licences to practice law.

Or the fact that if they bring false claims to the courts they risk losing their licenses. :)

At least one judge unsubtly emphasized "as a member of the bar, do you..." in his inquiries of plaintiff.

Exactly.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
No.

As both @lizkat and @ericgtr12 have remarked, I think it much more likely that they may have (even if ever so belatedly) realised that by continuing these lawsuits, advancing arguments that they know are untrue, that they may be risking their licences to practice law.

Exactly.
I know but with trump it could be both.

Top Bottom
1 2