well its not going well for trump in the courts.

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
you cant blame them when you come to court with printed emails as your proof.
It's like the basics of lawyering just vanished for these Trump prosecutors. You need corroborating evidence to prove an illegal act occurred and that burden is on the plaintiff. "Stop the count" because they couldn't get close enough to the ballot counters. "Throw out all postal ballots" as some ballots were allegedly found in a river. The backbone of the Republican Party to stand up to Trump died a long time ago.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It's like the basics of lawyering just vanished for these Trump prosecutors. You need corroborating evidence to prove an illegal act occurred and that burden is on the plaintiff. "Stop the count" because they couldn't get close enough to the ballot counters. "Throw out all postal ballots" as some ballots were allegedly found in a river. The backbone of the Republican Party to stand up to Trump died a long time ago.

Yeah I'm far more concerned about the Republican Party and the next wannabe demagogue who pops up to lead them than I am about this guy Trump who hijacked them and then --aside from being lazy-- didn't have the experiential or intellectual framework to do more than grab the low hanging fruit that our Constitution's easements offer an American president.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LOL. Trump’s campaign is shutting down its “fraud” hotline.

I do feel sorry for these poor people.

It seems receiving those calls was traumatizing for some Trump staffers who were told to answer the phones in what one worker characterized as the “room from hell.” Low-level campaign workers were ordered to just sit there and listen to the calls that included lots of pranks such as people impersonating public figures and making fart noises, but also death threats. Amid all the prank calls and threats, staffers said they probably received one actual tip they could use every three to four hours. “It’s misery. It’s one of the worst ways to end a campaign that you could think of,” a staffer tells the Daily Beast. That staffer said the calls were so traumatizing that they had to go to the bathroom to cry.

lizkat

Reaction score
It's not going well for Trump on the front pages of newspapers in rural America either. Namely, he's dropping right off those pages a day at a time. Taking Trump's place on Page One this morning in my four-county area of upstate NY, for instance, is an orange tabby cat on mouse patrol in some little town out towards Binghamton. Yeah. Trump undone by an only moderately fat cat.

Front Page First -  No Trump 2Day.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
It's not going well for Trump on the front pages of newspapers in rural America either. Namely, he's dropping right off those pages a day at a time. Taking Trump's place on Page One this morning in my four-county area of upstate NY, for instance, is an orange tabby cat on mouse patrol in some little town out towards Binghamton. Yeah. Trump undone by an only moderately fat cat.

View attachment 1435

What a gorgeous animal, and what amazing eyes.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that most ginger cats are toms.

lizkat

Reaction score
What a gorgeous animal, and what amazing eyes.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that most ginger cats are toms.

Female orange/ginger/red tabbies are not too common (about 1 in 5, I think.. taking into account that there are also pattern genes involved for that stripey "tabby" look).

But the real rarity is a male that is a tortoiseshell because that coloring (orange, black, cream) requires two X chromosomes and the male is generally XY. So a male tortie is XXY and gorgeous like his female counterpart, but usually sterile because of that extra chromosome.

The gene in cats for basic coat color is sex-linked and only exists on the X chromosome. This gene may display either orange or black. Orange is recessive. Females (XX) that are orange tabby cats will have been product of an orange sire and and orange mama. The male tabby being XY only needs one chromosome to obtain its coloring so most of the ginger tabbies are males.

More usually a female with any orange in her coloring has received genes for both orange and black, so she is tortoiseshell or calico. The white markings on cats are from common mutations that may operate on color or go to pattern and let white be dominant or recessive.

Aside from the color genes for red (ginger, orange) or black, there are a lot of pattern genes for tabbies, piebald markings etc., plus those mutations that can give white as a masking gene (dominant). And then all those colorings in the blues and Siamese etc. I read once that cat breeders are still surprised once in awhile despite the so much more known these days about how the fur coloring and patterns of cat coats are inherited.

Anyway I was pleased to see a cat on the front page today instead of the image or name of Trump.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Female orange/ginger/red tabbies are not too common (about 1 in 5, I think.. taking into account that there are also pattern genes involved for that stripey "tabby" look).

But the real rarity is a male that is a tortoiseshell because that coloring (orange, black, cream) requires two X chromosomes and the male is generally XY. So a male tortie is XXY and gorgeous like his female counterpart, but usually sterile because of that extra chromosome.

The gene in cats for basic coat color is sex-linked and only exists on the X chromosome. This gene may display either orange or black. Orange is recessive. Females (XX) that are orange tabby cats will have been product of an orange sire and and orange mama. The male tabby being XY only needs one chromosome to obtain its coloring so most of the ginger tabbies are males.

More usually a female with any orange in her coloring has received genes for both orange and black, so she is tortoiseshell or calico. The white markings on cats are from common mutations that may operate on color or go to pattern and let white be dominant or recessive.

Aside from the color genes for red (ginger, orange) or black, there are a lot of pattern genes for tabbies, piebald markings etc., plus those mutations that can give white as a masking gene (dominant). And then all those colorings in the blues and Siamese etc. I read once that cat breeders are still surprised once in awhile despite the so much more known these days about how the fur coloring and patterns of cat coats are inherited.

Anyway I was pleased to see a cat on the front page today instead of the image or name of Trump.

Vey interesting post and a fascinating read.

Yes, I remember reading that tortoiseshell cats were usually female, (an that ginger cats were usually male) but hadn't looked further into this.

lizkat

Reaction score
The orange cat is a metaphor for Trump.

Oh yeah??! Them's fightin' words around here... Take that back! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol kitty do not want.jpg

But ya know in Woodward's 2nd book about Trump, Jared Kushner named four works or texts that he thought were important for understanding his father-in-law... and one of them was actually the Cheshire Cat character in Lewis Carroll's novel Alice's Adentures in Wonderland. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Oh yeah??! Them's fightin' words around here... Take that back! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1445

But ya know in Woodward's 2nd book about Trump, Jared Kushner named four works or texts that he thought were important for understanding his father-in-law... and one of them was actually the Cheshire Cat character in Lewis Carroll's novel Alice's Adentures in Wonderland. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not a perfect metaphor. Trump might be an orange pussy, but he'll never have their feline grace.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1435

If I see any like that around here, I'll start leaving felt lined boxes and catnip around. They don't even have to be friendly. I'm patient.

Top Bottom
1 2