well its not going well for trump in the courts.

U

User.45

Female orange/ginger/red tabbies are not too common (about 1 in 5, I think.. taking into account that there are also pattern genes involved for that stripey "tabby" look).

But the real rarity is a male that is a tortoiseshell because that coloring (orange, black, cream) requires two X chromosomes and the male is generally XY. So a male tortie is XXY and gorgeous like his female counterpart, but usually sterile because of that extra chromosome.
TIL about cat Klinefelter syndrome, or should i call it Felinefelter syndrome?!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It really has NOT been going well for Trump in the courts... or for his lawyers. The latter are turning up quite cognizant of the possibility they could be disbarred for going where their boss wants them to go. This has resulted in some remarkably comical if deadpanned remarks from the bench.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1329908866054762498/

lizkat

Reaction score
Welp, Trump just lost a lawsuit in Pennsylvania. Ruling just came in now..,

U.S. District Judge Matthew W. Brann granted a request from Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar to dismiss the suit, which alleged that Republicans had been illegally disadvantaged because some counties allowed voters to fix errors on their mail ballots.

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Trump’s attorney, personally took charge of the case and appeared at a hearing in Williamsport, Pa., Tuesday in an attempt to justify it.
In his order, Brann wrote that Trump’s campaign had used “strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations” in its effort to throw out millions of votes.
“In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state,” Brann wrote.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I can’t even....

It's so much less frustrating now that we know Trump's been essentially neutered, in fact it's entertaining to some degree.

lizkat

Reaction score
Not going well for Trump and his wanna-be spies in the DoJ these days either I guess. DoJ just booted the "liaison" that Stephen Miller had installed over there to keep an eye on "things"...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1334626549987946498/

From the cited AP piece:

Heidi Stirrup, an ally of top Trump adviser Stephen Miller, was quietly installed at the Justice Department as a White House liaison a few months ago. She was told within the last two weeks to vacate the building after top Justice officials learned of her efforts to collect insider information about ongoing cases and the department’s work on election fraud, the people said.

Stirrup had also extended job offers to political allies for positions at some of the highest levels of the Justice Department without consulting any senior department officials or the White House counsel’s office and also attempted to interfere in the hiring process for career staffers, a violation of the government’s human resources policies, one of the people said.

But... wait for it:

On Thursday, Trump appointed Stirrup to be a member of the Board of Visitors of the U.S. Air Force Academy, according to a White House press release.

And what exactly is the Board of Visitors of the US Air Force Academy, you may ask?

The U.S. Air Force Academy Board of Visitors is established under Title 10 U.S. Code, § 9355. The Board inquires into the morale, discipline, curriculum, instruction, physical equipment, fiscal affairs, academic methods and other matters relating to the Academy which the Board decides to consider.

OK then. Sure Heidi Stirrup sounds well qualified to do all that sort of thing, right?

Don't ask. I have no clue either how deep the grifting goes in this administration, even as they all (should expect to} depart.

U

User.45

Not going well for Trump and his wanna-be spies in the DoJ these days either I guess. DoJ just booted the "liaison" that Stephen Miller had installed over there to keep an eye on "things"...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1334626549987946498/

From the cited AP piece:

But... wait for it:

And what exactly is the Board of Visitors of the US Air Force Academy, you may ask?

OK then. Sure Heidi Stirrup sounds well qualified to do all that sort of thing, right?

Don't ask. I have no clue either how deep the grifting goes in this administration, even as they all (should expect to} depart.
Shallow state:D

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
I've been reading this election law blog (I know I'm sad). Such a brutal takedown of the TX lawsuit.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
SCOTUS weighed in on the Pennsylvania appeal: not taking it.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336431339306934274/

Well, Mike Kelly is yet another person who needs to be voted out of office forever.

I've been reading this election law blog (I know I'm sad). Such a brutal takedown of the TX lawsuit.

That jackass should be fined for for filing such nonsense, simply because he should know better (and it wastes finite court time). There aren't any real limitations imposed on how a state chooses its electors, so it's unclear how Texas would be harmed.

lizkat

Reaction score
That jackass should be fined for for filing such nonsense, simply because he should know better (and it wastes finite court time). There aren't any real limitations imposed on how a state chooses its electors, so it's unclear how Texas would be harmed.

Yeh we're talking about a state though with an AG indicted 5 years ago for felony securities fraud and still hasn't come to trial... plus more recently has faced allegations from within his own bailiwick about abuse of power and such. There were some SEC and other federal charges as well. Nice guy. Maybe pitching for a pardon from Donnie.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeh we're talking about a state though with an AG indicted 5 years ago for felony securities fraud and still hasn't come to trial... plus more recently has faced allegations from within his own bailiwick about abuse of power and such. There were some SEC and other federal charges as well. Nice guy. Maybe pitching for a pardon from Donnie.

ya a real winner. of course he is after a parden why else would you trying something so stupid?

lizkat

Reaction score
ya a real winner. of course he is after a parden why else would you trying something so stupid?

So what is Trump trying for, I wonder...

His Twitter account just tweeted the hashtag #OVERTURN

not brilliant.jpg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well if he keeps trundling into #OVERTURN territory, he's gonna need all that money and then some to buy legal representation against charges of seditious conspiracy pretty quick here.
I doubt trump could afford all the legal action he needs if he was charged with all that he has done. hell there may not be enough lawyers in the us for that (G)

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I'm sure you've seen the original meme
12154o.jpg

Here's what it looks like in real life
The House of Representatives voted 335-78 on Tuesday to pass the National Defense Authorization Act, which authorizes $740 million for defense spending. President Trump had said previously that he would veto the act if Section 230, a federal provision that shields digital platforms from content liability, wasn't repealed. The act passed with well over the two-thirds majority needed to avert a presidential veto.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336454317771948032/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336452732086087690/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1336460074781433857/

Top Bottom
1 2