Well, this is pretty weird: use good ink when you write to the government

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

Due to that whole anthrax scare a couple decades back, the US Pissed Office has taken to using special handling for maerials mailed to government offices. The irradiation should be sufficient to murder any spores you might have included in the envelope – but it might also erase what you have written. And, who knows, it might come back glowing.

But for the person in question the story ends well-ish: the tax court waived the $60 filing fee.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I have a bunch of Frixion pens, which are super fun colors, but also erasable. But even if it's erased, you can allegedly make the ink come back if you freeze the paper.

I make sure never to use them when signing a check, because it doesn't seem super secure, lol. I would guess she used a similar type of pen.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I have a bunch of Frixion pens, which are super fun colors, but also erasable.
We were driving a rather long distance, so my friend decided to work on a crossword puzzle to pass the time, using one of those. After a while, she put it aside on the dash. Later, when she looked at it again, all the squares were blank, because the heat of the sun on the dash had caused everything to be erased.

Top Bottom
1 2