What’s Going On With Mitch McConnell’s Hands?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He is looking really creepy, something's up with him and he won't talk about it.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has been trying to walk with his right hand in his pocket this week when photographers are around. But even a politician as deliberate as Mitch McConnell can’t help but allow the ol’ digits to breathe every now and then. And at the Senate Republican leadership press conference on Tuesday afternoon, his right hand looked like this:

c1198f71-6e02-402f-bc80-64fdf51c9bc2.jpeg

And his mouth looked like this:

02e7eb8f-6fac-4b6a-ad85-b21d25de18d6.jpeg

@PearsonX we need a professional opinion here :LOL: I know my mom recently had an IV in her hands and they got all bruised the same way but the face was never like this.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This strikes me as a thread that is a lot more necessary than the silly one on Tim Cook's hands in The Other Country (aka, MR).

U

User.45

My daughter sent me this photo the other day and I had wondered. Mitch is the worst of the bunch. I haven’t lost any sleep over this, nor will I mourn him when he’s gone.
This sort of stuff happens to anyone with thin skin (which comes with aging), blood thinners, and poor coordination. What usually happen is that they bump the arm inadvertently and these superficial confluent bleeds happen. His face tells us he had fallen recently and he also had a recent collar bone fracture, so he seems to be falling quite frequently. He's just a frail old man, who'll do damage as long as he can breathe.

Although for some people aspirin can do this, the extent suggests he's on getting full fledged anticoagulation. Blood thinners are most commonly used to prevent stroke in atrial fibrillation (""irregular heatbeat"" - though not all irregular heartbeat is afib). Alternatives are artificial heart valve, or a lung or leg venous embolism, which are usually more common in women.

So all in all, this suggests he has poor cardiovascular health, and a balance impairment which is likely multifactorial.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This sort of stuff happens to anyone with thin skin (which comes with aging), blood thinners, and poor coordination. What usually happen is that they bump the arm inadvertently and these superficial confluent bleeds happen. His face tells us he had fallen recently and he also had a recent collar bone fracture, so he seems to be falling quite frequently. He's just a frail old man, who'll do damage as long as he can breathe.

Although for some people aspirin can do this, the extent suggests he's on getting full fledged anticoagulation. Blood thinners are most commonly used to prevent stroke in atrial fibrillation (""irregular heatbeat"" - though not all irregular heartbeat is afib). Alternatives are artificial heart valve, or a lung or leg venous embolism, which are usually more common in women.

So all in all, this suggests he has poor cardiovascular health, and a balance impairment which is likely multifactorial.
This describes my mother perfectly, she's 80, has high blood pressure, suffered a heart attack and ended up with stents put in. She also bruises extremely easily and they struggled to get her blood pressure medications just right, which they seem to have done so she's been good for quite a while now.

Still, she looks better than Mitch, maybe because she's not falling but both of his hands looking the way they do is really bizarre.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, I didn't edit the original post, apparently, this IS actually my first day :D

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This and the Night of the Dead were absolutely fantastic. With COVID on, I'll have to rewatch them because I suspect that a lot of it what I considered satire before this year would land differently now.

I used to write a lot of satirical stuff (mostly political) which was published in college magazines when I was an undergrad; now, however, I think that Mr Trump (and his awful administration) are beyond satire.

Quite literally, you couldn't begin to make it up.

Even as satire, or wildly improbable imaginative fiction, do you honestly think that any publisher would have published a book, a novel, even a graphic cartoon, that depicted the events of the past few years?

They'd have said, nah, too far-fetched.

Top Bottom
1 2