What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We've been watching Mrs Marvel and it's surprisingly good. At first it looked more like a kids show but turns out to be a well written series steeped in Indian/Pakistani culture with really fun and interesting characters throughout, it's both entertaining and educational. I would encourage anyone to at least give it an episode or two.

Ms-Marvel-16-Large.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fbamsmackpow.com%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F05%2FBKP1740_102_comp_v007.1039_R2-850x560.jpg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I‘m pretty sure I’ve mentioned Joe Pera Talks with You. It’s a completely unique, optimistic show. 11 minute episodes on Adult Swim. It’s sadly been cancelled after 3 seasons.

Its on HBO Max and comes with my strongest recommendation. If you try it, give it 3 episodes; it takes a bit to lock into the vibe.

It must be saved. If everyone watched it this country wouldn’t be in such a mess.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The Boys Season 3 finale dropped today!

And BCS Season 6, Part 2 starts Monday (that's Episode 8)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The Boys Season 3 finale dropped today!

And BCS Season 6, Part 2 starts Monday (that's Episode 8)
Watched it all and loved it, but I have concerns...
Will post spoiler at a later date.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
MUST ... NOT ... CLICK ... SPOILER ... :LOL:

I'll revisit after we watch, probably late this afternoon.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
MUST ... NOT ... CLICK ... SPOILER ... :LOL:

I'll revisit after we watch, probably late this afternoon.
Edited to remove temptation (just my trivial thought anyway). Will not give anything away (I hate that) but will say the entire season was awesome.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I HAVE FINISHED THE EXPANSE!

All caps because I feel like I should get a medal or something. Densest fucking plotting ever, 6 seasons and I comprehended 40% of it.

In the last two days I’ve also finished:

Joe Pera Talks with You 😢 (RIP)
The Boys
Euphoria

Euphoria is just an awesome show, so glad I gave it a second try, almost gave up early.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I HAVE FINISHED THE EXPANSE!

All caps because I feel like I should get a medal or something. Densest fucking plotting ever, 6 seasons and I comprehended 40% of it.
I’d give you a medal for reading the series too! Dense is an understatement.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’d give you a medal for reading the series too! Dense is an understatement.
Have you read it? I had the first book in my hand at the store 2 hours ago, but at nearly 600 pages I decided Kindle would be the way to go if I buy it. I can see doing a rewatch of the show to catch what I missed.

MVP actor on the show for me. Something about her performance just grabbed me.

1657383284639.png

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you read it? I had the first book in my hand at the store 2 hours ago, but at nearly 600 pages I decided Kindle would be the way to go if I buy it. I can see doing a rewatch of the show to catch what I missed.
I attempted it. I tend to pick books that come in series, and the thickness of the book. But dayum! I just didn’t enjoy it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't even ...

BCS continues to be the best show on TV, it's just insane.
Yeah, i don’t even know where they go after this since everything now seems pretty wrapped up after this week’s episode, but given the quality of the writing and the amount of time left, you just know the Kim angle is going to be something…

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, i don’t even know where they go after this since everything now seems pretty wrapped up after this week’s episode, but given the quality of the writing and the amount of time left, you just know the Kim angle is going to be something…

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that situation was going to get resolved quickly, wasn't totally expecting it to be the first episode (of S6 Part 2). o_O

I was listening to the Prestige TV Podcast and they said THAT was the episode, the opening scene with Jimmy where Bob Odenkirk had his medical emergency/heart attack, and part of that same scene was filmed 2 months later after he recovered (I watched it twice, it's beautiful seamless).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't sure if that situation was going to get resolved quickly, wasn't totally expecting it to be the first episode (of S6 Part 2). o_O

I was listening to the Prestige TV Podcast and they said THAT was the episode, the opening scene with Jimmy where Bob Odenkirk had his medical emergency/heart attack, and part of that same scene was filmed 2 months later after he recovered (I watched it twice, it's beautiful seamless).

How cool would it be if the last bunch of episodes feature Gene Takovic. (I mean, they definitely have to wrap up THAT thread…)

And I guess we are still waiting for a main character or two from breaking bad to show up…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Found one on Prime yesterday, recommended by a friend: The Lake. It stars Jordan Gavaris and Julia Styles. Julia is now playing the mother - she’s aged. Jordan is still the adorable man-child he was when he played Felix in Orphan Black. This series is just for fun. Not a single serious undertone.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I kept seeing the enthusiast, positive reviews, podcasts I listen to saying it's on their lists of favorite new shows, etc., just glowing reviews, so finally gave it a shot this weekend, and yes, it's stellar.

1658164446785.png

A young chef from the fine dining world comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he's used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership, his strong-willed and recalcitrant kitchen staff and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother's suicide. As Carmy fights to transform both the shop and himself, he works alongside a rough-around-the-edges kitchen crew that ultimately reveals itself as his chosen family.

Also pulling 97% on Google rating, average of 8.5/10 on IMDB (which is tough).

Seriously, if you said this was one of the best shows of the last few years and then went on to tell me, the description of EP4 was, "Carmy and Richie cater a kid’s birthday party. Tina and Sydney work together while Marcus makes donuts." I would've thought you were nuts :D

It's a perfect mix of urban, family, cooking, drama, some people may know Jeremy Allen White from Shameless (Lip), I saw a reviewer write, "Good Will Hunting meets Anthony Bourdain. The Bear is a mix of understated creative genius, brotherhood and internal conflict, served up with some really incredible food ...", which is a pretty good take.

We're watching on Hulu, it's produced by FX, but it may be a Hulu exclusive.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I can't even ...

BCS continues to be the best show on TV, it's just insane.

BCS
S06E09

I don't know how much more I can take, it's so good, so sad ... and when she, and then they, and the fade in and out to ... wow.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Reacher: S2

While it was previously announced it was going to have a second season, the book #11, Bad Luck & Trouble will be the basis.

I have not read this book so it will all be new when it releases sometime in early 2023.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bosch: Legacy (2022 Prime/Freevu)- Season 1. If you like the Bosch series about the LA detective, this is more of the excellent same. Annoying that I only had 1 season, 10 episodes to watch. ;) Seriously annoying that we ended up having to watch commercials with Freevu, I don’t know how this got on Prime, watched on Prime, but it says Freevu and there were commercials.

2D5C9A99-F3DD-4EF8-9745-095274551E27.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2