What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
All kinds of stuff on tap this weekend... i killed off a couple of streaming platform renewals and so I am trying to make it through what's left of some watch lists before the apps turn into pumpkins at end of October. I'll be a video-addled moron inside of a couple weeks probably. 🤪

Taking a look at a Paramount --oops,no.. it's a Showtime-- series The First Lady tonight. Or at least that is the plan.

[Edited to ID the platform correctly, duh]

Last edited:

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking forward to Mike Flanagan's Midnight Club on Netflix and the new Hellraiser series on Hulu next week. It appears Flanagan is less involved than his past projects so we shall see.

lizkat

Reaction score
For all my streaming-platform culling lately, I've still just indulged in my usual, annual uptake of a month's worth of YTTV so I can keep it simple during the 2022 MLB post season.

Sure hope there's no game 7 this year because I cut it a little too close and signed up one day short if the WS manages to become all that dramatic.

Meanwhile I'll be "glued to the tube" all month if I try to make the revival of YTTV worth having shelled out for. At least this year it's also a election year, so (if I can stand it) there's wall to wall politics aside from live regional news and all those entertainment channels in the package. If I'm true to form though, a lot of that will get by me. The news and politics shows, a few forays into movie channels I rarely have access to, plus the ballgames, well... that will be plenty!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shorsey, on Hulu. If you’re a Letterkenny fan you’re probably already watching this. I think Letterkenny can get tiresome and it’s often juvenile but I watch it for the brief moments of dialogue brilliance. Shorsey has that, the second episode made me LOL a few times.

What doesn’t get talked about with these shows is the music, they kill it here. I Shazam a song nearly every episode.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finished the first season of Welcome to Wrexham. It turned out to be a great show. I’m reminded why I’m not a sports fan, it gets too goddamn emotional, often within the confines of a single game. Movies/TV shows on sports, though, I’m all in.

lizkat

Reaction score
From photos at the red carpet in yesterday's gala fundraiser for the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures: here in a photo by Jon Kopaloff is Diana Silvers, in a dress one assumes was maximally engineered against 'wardrobe failure.' Any part of this outfit coming unmoored would surely have left Ms. Silvers wearing the kind of fashion once sported in the Garden of Eden.

maximal engineering.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
From photos at the red carpet in yesterday's gala fundraiser for the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures: here in a photo by Jon Kopaloff is Diana Silvers, in a dress one assumes was maximally engineered against 'wardrobe failure.' Any part of this outfit coming unmoored would surely have left Ms. Silvers wearing the kind of fashion once sported in the Garden of Eden.

Come on, I want to see an unblurred pic of Olivia Wilde's dress........ ;)

lizkat

Reaction score
Come on, I want to see an unblurred pic of Olivia Wilde's dress........ ;)

Hah, I guess the message there is a little different, i.e. the attendees can deal with it, "family-friendly" newspapers maybe not so much - the mainstream ones and broadcast outlets often still have guidelines on "risqué" photos, profanities, etc. Blurring is how they manage the pix... or those stupid black bars.

The Silvers dress, though. Not all that immodest for USA, but one rip away from a birthday suit.

To think that in the mid 60s, the senior partner of the hedge fund I was working for sent a secretary home because she had taken off her suit jacket in the warm office that day and one could (barely) see the straps of her slip through her blouse.

Top Bottom
1 2