What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I checked out the first couple episodes of The Peripheral on Amazon Prime. I liked it more than I was expecting to.
It's kind of a weird mashup of Matrix, Westworld and Terminator. Maybe some Inception tossed in.

Is anyone else watching?

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I checked out the first couple episodes of The Peripheral on Amazon Prime. I liked it more than I was expecting to.
It's kind of a weird mashup of Matrix, Westworld and Terminator. Maybe some Inception tossed in.

Is anyone else watching?

We watched the 1st episode (of 8) of From Scratch. So far it's pretty good.

Gonna check these out after the World Series, thanks! Anything to distract from upcoming elections.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
MASH on Hulu. Rewatching the whole series and I’m on season 3. I devoured this show as a kid and it still holds up. It was so far ahead of its time.

What‘s hitting me different now are the performances of Gary Burghoff as Radar and Jamie Farr as Klinger. They’re funnier somehow.

Radar and Henry Blake have to be in the top 10 for comedic duos on TV, they did many intricate scenes requiring fine timing. Seems like Broadway level stuff.

Klinger, at least in the early seasons, gets a surprising number of killer lines for a recurring character. And Farr delivers the performance with such gusto. In the mid-70s, I’d imagine it’s a bit tough for a dude to wear women’s clothes full time in front of an enormous TV audience but he commits fully and nails it.

FYI, it’s remastered in HD on Hulu.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Is anyone else watching?

Don’t forget Ready Player One, which is what the original preview brought to mind. So far I’m loving it. All my favorite themes. Glad I never read this one, although I’m not sure how I missed it since I love Gibson.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Wow. The creative team / show runners, were pushing hard for another season to finish things up, not sure where it was left at S4 (since we more or less stopped at S2), but looks like it's over:

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Wow. The creative team / show runners, were pushing hard for another season to finish things up, not sure where it was left at S4 (since we more or less stopped at S2), but looks like it's over:

For me, and I've seen all the seasons, nothing will ever be as good as the original season.
I think the showrunners did it to themselves. They made the show too confusing for many followers who decided it wasn't worth sticking around.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve watched all of Westworld. I thought it was over at the end of season 3 and was shocked when 4 came out. Can’t believe they wanted to do a 5th, how much more confused could they have made me? I think I peaked.

lizkat

Reaction score
HBO just popped into my mailbox saying oh btw, now we are streaming the first 10 Star Trek movies.

So finally I have zero excuse not to watch them. They're all like one click away. See you in the spring?

Yeah I know this belongs in the movie thread. I was thinking that I haven't seen the Star Trek TV series options either, and ended up over here.

hbo streaming 10 star trek films.jpg

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
HBO just popped into my mailbox saying oh btw, now we are streaming the first 10 Star Trek movies.

So finally I have zero excuse not to watch them. They're all like one click away. See you in the spring?

Yeah I know this belongs in the movie thread. I was thinking that I haven't seen the Star Trek TV series options either, and ended up over here.

My husband informed me and I was a bit out of it and thought he said Star Wars. I'm meh on those. But I definitely will be binge watching when I get back down to Virginia next weekend.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
New season of The White Lotus. They started it in a very similar fashion to the first season. You know someone’s dead, but no idea who or why.

Manifest is also back, having moved to Netflix. If you enjoyed it before, keep going. I managed to watch 3 episodes yesterday.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Suffering insomnia, so I finally checked out EAST NEW YORK last night. -- all five episodes thus far. I usually avoid what's described as copoganda nowadays. In the past I loved watching HILL STREET BLUES & NYPD BLUE. I hate watched BLUE BLOODS because I'm not a fan of Tom Selleck and his right-wing whining. That mess was so laughably bad. All that to say I was not expecting much. And I was not surprised: ENY is full of cliches, stereotypes, and breathless dialogue.

It's a real shame as I admire many of the actors on show: series lead Amanda Warren, Jimmy Smits, Richard Kind, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Paul Calderon, etc.

Probably will only watch more if I can't sleep at night.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Remember, at least for the first new, odd number == poop, even number == awesome :D

Apparently there's a new cut, remaster of 1, The Motion Picture, aka, The Motionless Picture :D, that's pretty interesting.

Otherwise, just do 2, 4, 6, that's a fun run. You can add 3 into that, it's not great, but it does sort out why the hell Spock is around in 4 :D

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Remember, at least for the first new, odd number == poop, even number == awesome :D

Apparently there's a new cut, remaster of 1, The Motion Picture, aka, The Motionless Picture :D, that's pretty interesting.

Otherwise, just do 2, 4, 6, that's a fun run. You can add 3 into that, it's not great, but it does sort out why the hell Spock is around in 4 :D
I saw Wrath of Khan in the theater when I was 12. Mind blown. I’d seen the first one and it was very pretty but ST2…..um, I read the novelization, if anyone has questions, btw.

lizkat

Reaction score
just do 2, 4, 6, that's a fun run. You can add 3 into that, it's not great, but it does sort out why the hell Spock is around in 4 :D

Hah ok, Imma try it starting tonight. I was going to watch All The King's Men tonight because I love that movie, but I have seen it before more than once actually, and I need to keep on with my watchlist. So popcorn time and Star Trek #2 coming up for me tonight.

Top Bottom
1 2