What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Behind Her Eyes (2021 Netflix limited series)- Psychological thriller +, and a twist. A guy, his wife, the third woman, and a best friend. Who to believe? Who is being manipulated? Who is the nutter? The story relies on a spiritual theory/mechanism, I can’t say more. It held my interest, but I did not buy the ending. Maybe you’ll buy it! :)

CD3E7385-5EFB-4CA8-A871-FCB5A58429B2.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Q: Into the Storm (HBO Max). I would hesitate to try to binge this six part documentary because it just makes you want to blow your head off knowing how gullible these people are.

Lasting image from episode 1: a husband and wife “research” team that talks about how they devote all their time to Q...while their five year old sits and watches them.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Q: Into the Storm (HBO Max). I would hesitate to try to binge this six part documentary because it just makes you want to blow your head off knowing how gullible these people are.

Lasting image from episode 1: a husband and wife “research” team that talks about how they devote all their time to Q...while their five year old sits and watches them.
It’s either that or the couple who let’s their infant cry in the crib n the other room while they play WoW all night? 👀

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wandered into the first season (2nd season coming) of the Netflix show Raising Dion. That has occupied my entire day. What a show!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Falcon / Winter Soldier is getting good. The most recent episode had a scene with Bucky realizing he was no longer brainwashed that was magnificent, and great acting by Sebastian Stan.

Should this thread be merged with the Binge Worthy TV one?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Falcon / Winter Soldier is getting good. The most recent episode had a scene with Bucky realizing he was no longer brainwashed that was magnificent, and great acting by Sebastian Stan.

Should this thread be merged with the Binge Worthy TV one?
Nope, cause ya can’t binge a show that releases an episode each week. :p And yes, that scene was excellent. Is there anyone who likes this replacement Cpt. America?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nope, cause ya can’t binge a show that releases an episode each week. :p And yes, that scene was excellent. Is there anyone who likes this replacement Cpt. America?
I think the character is interesting and Kurt Russell Jr is doing a great job with it. Some obvious flaws but that’s the point.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I was exploring Pluto TV and came across the Space: 1999 episode "Earthbound", one of the better episodes. It looked great, too. When the series first ran in the 1970s, I saw it the way most of us did: running from 16mm prints. Pluto, however, has some first class prints of the series it carries.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I was exploring Pluto TV and came across the Space: 1999 episode "Earthbound", one of the better episodes. It looked great, too. When the series first ran in the 1970s, I saw it the way most of us did: running from 16mm prints. Pluto, however, has some first class prints of the series it carries.
I like PlutoTV as well. Sometimes you just wanna watch old MST3K reruns…

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
"For All Mankind," is just brilliant. It just builds and builds, increasing its relationships with its central characters and laying out an alternate history that's fascinating in its own right.

It's the kind of show that drops Lee Atwater into a conversation with a major character, but elides past who he is, and it has an interesting way of dealing with proposed plans for the space shuttle, and the Russian shuttle Buran.

Just brilliant.

And, I have that so far the Apple TV+ shows have been pretty good. "Ted Lasso" is a joy, and "The Morning Show" was pretty good—even if it's a very Hollywood examination of the news business.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Dude. Dragon's Domain from the 1st season, HFS, it gave me nightmares as a kid for weeks ... o_O

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Dude. Dragon's Domain from the 1st season, HFS, it gave me nightmares as a kid for weeks ... o_O
Dude! Dragon’s Domain! Awesome! Loved that episode, thanks for the reminder, I’ll have to rewatch it soon!

The ending of Earthbound on the other hand, yikes. Well deserved, but man what an ending. If I had to chose one of those two ways to go, Dragon’s Domain probably would be preferable.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That monster in "Dragon's Domain" was horrific. I think the worst thing about it--aside from the slimy tentacles--was the way it put its victims into a trance, drew them into its arms...and then released them from their trance. Could you imagine "waking up" with that thing's tentacles wrapped tightly around you, drawing you underneath it into its maw? And then expelling your chewed-up corpse? Gruesome!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
When I had Apple TV+ I greatly enjoyed For All Mankind. I'm looking forward to S2 whenever I re-up my subscription.
I binge-watched the first season and started following the second season episode by episode when I got my free 1yr trial. Really sad that there is only one episode left now, going to be a long wait for the third season...

Earth at Night in Color is pretty sweet too.

Top Bottom
1 2