DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
OOC, what was her vaccination stance? Was it slightly voluntary (as in, felt safe due to lifestyle / a little concerned over the vaxx development), due to other mitigating circumstances (couldn't do to medical issues, etc.), raging anti-vaxx (with or without insane political extremism)?
Not raging anti vax, more on the “I don’t trust them on me but if you want to do it, your problem” camp, but still leaning towards the “vax is a scam” thing.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not raging anti vax, more on the “I don’t trust them on me but if you want to do it, your problem” camp, but still leaning towards the “vax is a scam” thing.
Mrs AFB is due to her other conditions and the reactions other people who are allergic to as many things as she is reacting badly. I have asked her to go talk to the doctors about it, but she refuses. She doesn’t trust doctors.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
...but still leaning towards the “vax is a scam” thing.

I've seen a number of people claim such, and I'm wondering how it could be a scam. If we were paying a premium for alleged immunity, with Big Pharma stoking the fervor around it, I could understand that line of thinking.

...but they're not. It's widely available, and doesn't cost a thing out of pocket.

So who's being scammed here? The government?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
5524C693-622E-4210-9A1B-5DBF2658A16B.jpeg

I’ve got this ad on Instagram. I’d rather buy an inflatable doll.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Ref the above, I wonder which scenario would piss my wife off more.

a) she gets home early and she finds me “playing” with an inflatable doll
b) she picks up my phone and finds out that I am sexting with an AI app.

Either case My obvious line is “honey I can explain.”

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

The doll might actually be a safer bet. Persuading her that the other side of dialogue with a sexting app is just a computer program making stuff up? That could be a really hard sell.

Either way, you might end up with a distinctly real crowning via nearest cast iron skillet.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

The conversation with the blow up doll might be more captivating.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

That's your problem right there. You're trying to explain yourself out of an unexplainable situation, which won't end well for you. What you do in those situations is go full tilt in the opposite direction. Be so brazen that she can't think of anything to say in response.

The first thing you should do if you wife catches you with a blow up sex doll is to act like you're not doing anything weird at all, that she's the one being overly dramatic...

...then ask if she wants to join in.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
That's your problem right there. You're trying to explain yourself out of an unexplainable situation, which won't end well for you. What you do in those situations is go full tilt in the opposite direction. Be so brazen that she can't think of anything to say in response.

The first thing you should do if you wife catches you with a blow up sex doll is to act like you're not doing anything weird at all, that she's the one being overly dramatic...

...then ask if she wants to join in.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom and your long experience!

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score

When I spoke to her she said she was more annoyed by the blow up doll she found you with than the sexting you were doing with Alexa. But I think that was because it was a sheep….😀

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score

You can share a doll…

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
On my mind the fact that people don’t realize that “Metaverse” is just a way to get people to buy twice as much stuff (virtual clothes, virtual shoes, virtual house etc), with the exception that it’s not actually stuff.

Well and then there's the issue of when is digital currency a currency and when is it a meta group name for "currencies" that in certain circumstances are just the equivalent of Monopoly money... or, so may stipulate some government agency or even a bank sometime, perhaps with little to zero prior notice. Also known as "Web 3.0 is bullshit" -- as a financial blogger puts it.

And then there's meta fiction: writers writing stories about writers writing stories... the construct has always been around since the days of Greeks and Romans, but now it has a groovy label and so now gets taught or at least analyzed at pricey workshops. It's possible the first meta writer was only just warming up to recover from an attack of 'the blank page' and the story was an effort to get past writer's block. Now it's a technique and a lot of it that makes it to bookshelves isn't worth the ink or the pixels. At least not compared to The Odyssey...

Top Bottom
1 2