General What’s Your Ailment?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
No, that's the concern. Did you have a sleep study? You can desaturate w/o snoring too. The real bar to meet is to keep your blood oxygenated. The jaw repositioning devices are only good for mild/mild-to-mod OSA.
Yes I did. They described it as mild obstructive apnea. Had another sleep study to see if a CPAP would be good but I didn’t tolerate it well. Left after a couple of hours.

My wife used to report issues breathing throughout the night regularly. Now it’s a rarity.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Tip of your tongue ever been sore?
For the last week I have experienced the sore tip of my tongue. I’ll get this out of the way upfront, I don’t do anything, unusual, energetic, or risqué with my tongue. :) It feels like when you burn your tongue (I may have) or in you accidentally bite it. So I have patiently been waiting for it to recede, but it seems to be lingering. In the past, if I burn my tongue drinking hot liquids, the burn sensation goes away in a day or two. I examined my tongue, it looks normal, does not look inflamed and on the tip I can barely and I mean barely see a tiny white dot. It’s so small if I was not looking for it, I’d miss it. One of the articles I read mentioned a canker sore as a tiny white dot with a red border, but I can barely see it, much less a red border, so it’s possible a canker sore is not the issue.

Anyway, I brush my teeth and gargle with a mouth wash, for decades, and one possibility mentioned is that mouth washes can cause this, but I don’t think so. Vitamin deficiency was also mentioned as a possibility. I take a multi-vitamin supplement. I also love lemon aid and I wonder if drinking that regularly might cause some irritation because of the acid?

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I've had just a single taste bud on the tip of my tongue get inflamed, it looks like your described, a small white dot (vs. what you may think of with a canker sore), they come, after several days, they go, no biggie.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've had just a single taste bud on the tip of my tongue get inflamed, it looks like your described, a small white dot (vs. what you may think of with a canker sore), they come, after several days, they go, no biggie.

This is unusual for me because it seems to be persisting. I’ll give it another week… thanks. :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’ll give it another week… thanks. :)

It doesn't help that it's hard not to grind it against your teeth, that can irritate it and cause it to persist.

Yeah, per @Eric, if it lingers too long, it wouldn't hurt for a doc to take a look, or even your dentist.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Huntn

Hahaha, I see the same topic went really well over at MR, wow, there are people who are just relentless assholes ... :ROFLMAO:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Almost as funny is the "Fired From Apple" thread ... and not because of the OP ... :ROFLMAO:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I read the thread. It was kinda dumb.

Next up: FIRED FROM APPLE!

The relentless stupidity of arguing about mouthwash was brain numbing ...

I mostly pop in to take a look at the for sale section, and maybe read a few headlines, but I occasionally take a look at the community area and realize I'm missing __nothing__.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

If I'm honest about it, I don't think I've ever given that much thought to mouthwash in my entire life. On the rare occasions I do buy it, my major concern is mostly how it tastes.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Okay, just read through the entirety of the Fired From Apple thread.

Eh. It had it's moments.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

I mostly pop in to take a look at the for sale section, and maybe read a few headlines, but I occasionally take a look at the community area and realize I'm missing __nothing__.

Yeah it was slightly amusing, although I did learn that alcohol in mouthwash is bad for good bacteria, I guess cause it wipes out everything. I read some more about GvB bacteria and and was advised that not only yogurt is good for introducing good bacteria, but that pickles are too! Another article suggested drinking a glass of water with a teaspoon of natural vinegar added good bacteria. I had no idea about pickles or vinegar. And I think it was my doctor who said that vinegar somehow reduces acid reflux, which seems backwards to me as I thought acid, encouraged it.

Btw, my tongue soreness seems to have receded a bit, but is still there, sensitive, but not to a point I’d call it sore.

Top Bottom
1 2