General What’s Your Ailment?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
While visiting our nephew, I was sitting in a lawn chair, the edge of the seat seemed to put pressure on the back of my legs near the knee. And when I got up, I could hardly move because my right leg ached in the vicinity of my knee, but I did not think it was my knee. It was a sharp intense feeling that almost left like my leg could give way, but it did not, I took some Advil, but this condition last for several hours later, went to bed with it like this, but this morning the ache is gone and my leg is back to feeling normal. I did some research and think I pinched the nerve in my right leg. 🤔

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I’m back to normal so I would not say anything is torn.

I've had something similar happen to me before. My right knee will occasionally, out of the blue, start aching for no apparent reason. It'll feel like I've bashed it against something despite the fact I've been accident free the day before, and there aren't any tale tell signs of bruising anywhere pointing to such. It'll hurt and feel weak for a day or two, then mysteriously go away.

It's happened to me about 4 times now. I've since written it off as Just One Of Those Things.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've had something similar happen to me before. My right knee will occasionally, out of the blue, start aching for no apparent reason. It'll feel like I've bashed it against something despite the fact I've been accident free the day before, and there aren't any tale tell signs of bruising anywhere pointing to such. It'll hurt and feel weak for a day or two, then mysteriously go away.

It's happened to me about 4 times now. I've since written it off as Just One Of Those Things.
I guess my determination will change if it returns in the future, and under what circumstances it returns.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m back to normal so I would not say anything is torn.

That can come and go, it could've already been damaged and some kind of stray/odd movement tweaked it, a little rest and anti-inflammatory, it could stop hurting.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
For me the two biggies are COPD (mild stage) and diverticulitis, neither are much fun.

U

User.45

While visiting our nephew, I was sitting in a lawn chair, the edge of the seat seemed to put pressure on the back of my legs near the knee. And when I got up, I could hardly move because my right leg ached in the vicinity of my knee, but I did not think it was my knee. It was a sharp intense feeling that almost left like my leg could give way, but it did not, I took some Advil, but this condition last for several hours later, went to bed with it like this, but this morning the ache is gone and my leg is back to feeling normal. I did some research and think I pinched the nerve in my right leg. 🤔

Def more info needed to make a determination but it could have been vascular too vs. nerve compression. There's an old medical joke on this:
- Doc, it hurts when I do this.
- Then don't do that.

You've had a symptom with a clearcut inciting event of prolonged compression. Avoid it and your problems shall not return.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Def more info needed to make a determination but it could have been vascular too vs. nerve compression. There's an old medical joke on this:
- Doc, it hurts when I do this.
- Then don't do that.

You've had a symptom with a clearcut inciting event of prolonged compression. Avoid it and your problems shall not return.
I know we shouldn't self-diagnose but in a lot of cases it's nice to be able to google your conditions for anecdotal information and comfort from others. I know doctors don't necessarily like that and I leave all official diagnosis to them though.

U

User.45

I know we shouldn't self-diagnose but in a lot of cases it's nice to be able to google your conditions for anecdotal information and comfort from others. I know doctors don't necessarily like that and I leave all official diagnosis to them though.
That's fine really, but this is why spectrum of potential explanations can go from nothing to cancer and death. The symptoms seem inconsistent with sciatica, but I can come up with 3 esoteric explanations here. Claudication of the limb triggered by popliteal artery compression, i.e. it's a sign of peripheral artery disease usually in smokers. Or it could be hereditary neuropathy with preponderance to pressure palsies (HNPP), which is a genetically determined sensitivity to develop peripheral nerve injury secondary to compression (a friend of mine has this). Or it can be simply something benign like transient numbness after prolonged pressure. Statistically the latter is the most likely.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's fine really, but this is why spectrum of potential explanations can go from nothing to cancer and death. The symptoms seem inconsistent with sciatica, but I can come up with 3 esoteric explanations here. Claudication of the limb triggered by popliteal artery compression, i.e. it's a sign of peripheral artery disease usually in smokers. Or it could be hereditary neuropathy with preponderance to pressure palsies (HNPP), which is a genetically determined sensitivity to develop peripheral nerve injury secondary to compression (a friend of mine has this). Or it can be simply something benign like transient numbness after prolonged pressure. Statistically the latter is the most likely.
It happened when I sat on a lawn chair and I sensed pressure just behind my knees, slight pressure, then soon after significant ache which felt associated with my knee, but behind my knee, not like a muscle pains which I can only describe felt like nerve pain which lasted several hours, took a couple of Advil, went to bed, next morning, it was gone And has been gone since.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That's fine really, but this is why spectrum of potential explanations can go from nothing to cancer and death.

So you're saying I'm dying? Well, that's just goddam terrific ...

Cue the "Well, everyone is technically dying, it's just a matter of when ..." joke :D

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were a dude ... plus, confused about the snoring ...

I did go in for a pap smear once, because I heard it was a good idea to keep up to date on.

The gynecologist argued with me for hours on end, but I refused to budge on the matter. I wanted my pap smear, and by god, I was gonna get it. In retrospect, I should've listened to her, cuz in the end, all I got out of it was a bruised taint.

U

User.45

I did go in for a pap smear once, because I heard it was a good idea to keep up to date on.

The gynecologist argued with me for hours on end, but I refused to budge on the matter. I wanted my pap smear, and by god, I was gonna get it. In retrospect, I should've listened to her, cuz in the end, all I got out of it was a bruised taint.
Hold on... I thought you were a dude for the longest time, and I was at the wrong doctor kinda pun, LOL.
/me is an idiot:D

Top Bottom
1 2