What are you doing today?

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
dogecoin is doing me well. I put in 400 and it is 1200 today. I was able to take out the orgiinal amount I invested and now it is all profit so no money out of my pocket. in total I invested about 800 in crypto and I have 2500. I am almost rich (G)

I invested in crypto and I keep making money despite thinking the whole thing's a ridiculous con. Hell, I bought dogecoin on a dare. Why am I making so much money on nonsense while my Apple stock's been hovering over the same $20 for more than a year?

The market's dumb.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
kinda boring just typical park signs those these are fakes. they screwed a back onto the big one and I cut the screws off. well charged them for a new bit.
Last pilot I did a bumch fo signs and the had them up and they never shot the pilot. signed paperwork for a show right before the pandemic that vanished I guess never heard back.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, not today exactly ... :D

View attachment 4908

This guy was causing trouble too ...

IMG_7744.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I invested in crypto and I keep making money despite thinking the whole thing's a ridiculous con. Hell, I bought dogecoin on a dare. Why am I making so much money on nonsense while my Apple stock's been hovering over the same $20 for more than a year?
I know what you mean. I've gotten my original investment back multiple times and then some. I've even been able to give my daughter enough to get her going pretty well. Meanwhile my husband keeps saying "I don't want to know about your bitcoin." LOL!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Making grant budget spreadsheets. :sick:

Fun!

😐

A couple of my projects in the medical/research space were grant funded, being able to navigate how that landscape is a science. I mean, it's amazing, the amount of money just sitting "out there", one of my clients now could easily tap into it, but they're, to be quite frank, kind of delusional and think they're going to get VC money without IP, a revenue model with business plan to support growth, etc.

U

User.45

Fun!

😐

A couple of my projects in the medical/research space were grant funded, being able to navigate how that landscape is a science. I mean, it's amazing, the amount of money just sitting "out there", one of my clients now could easily tap into it, but they're, to be quite frank, kind of delusional and think they're going to get VC money without IP, a revenue model with business plan to support growth, etc.
I hate handling anything money related. I can dive through giga spreadsheets when it comes to research, but when it's budgeting, a single page makes me lose all my motivation...

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score

The market's dumb.

Am I the only one that keeps pronouncing it as Dog Coin?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well looks like I lost 8100 in my ppp loan. I got the first one the second wants to verify your id. it has a app on your phone that scans your face then you scan your id. but mine wont match. I thought t was because my face is so much thinner then it was in the pic. but after looking it has my basic info with my work address and my id has my home address and they have to match. there is also no person to talk to about it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Buying new shoes. Not that I wanted to, but I went to pick up an order from Crate and Barrel and the bottom of their entrance door was so sharp that even though it just brushed one of my New Balance shoes it sliced a hole in it. 🤨

BTW, I pretty much agree with this take on Bitcoin. Yeah, you can make money on it…as long as the pyramid keeps going.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Chatted with Decent Brother - his birthday was yesterday and he normally phones me for over an hour on Sunday, but I'll be getting my vaccine, ad probably won't be at home when he calls.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

The market's dumb.

A double dogecoin dare?

Either way, it seems like you're taking it for a very long walk.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
its going up and down all day .etherium is not doing bad.

Yeah, kind of the tail wagging the dogecoin...

Etherium has seemingly been a popular mining currency for a while. I still question the motivation for using cryptocurrencies for any kind of real transaction. When the dollar was removed from the gold standard, it had a history of transactions backing it. It may no longer be backed by precious metals, but it had established convention.

The main feature of crypotcurrencies as far as I can tell is that they act as a proof of concept for digital ledgers, which are not largely susceptible to common database attacks. I mean, miners (at least with bitcoin) search for hidden parameters, which in conjunction with a block header result in hashes with a lot of zeros. Bitcoin initially used a leading or trailing zero for validation, optimizing on the total number of them. I can't recall exactly. The concept of reinforcement is definitely there though, as any branch tip carries a history of the transactions that preceded it.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Chatted with Decent Brother - his birthday was yesterday and he normally phones me for over an hour on Sunday, but I'll be getting my vaccine, ad probably won't be at home when he calls.
First or second? Good luck with it.

Walk this morning. The promised rain never materialised. Suns out now and I’m debating some gardening, although it’s still wet from yesterday.
Cleaned the bathroom earlier as well. My standard Sunday routine.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Mowing the lawn, possibly starting to build a screen that hides the pool equipment, if I feel like it.

I'm having silly fun with our new electric mower, it's just such a pleasure to use. The last couple of mows, I didn't use the bag, and had the mulcher insert installed, and that really dialed the sound back even more (with the bag , the rear is more or less open so that's up dBs a little ...) And I love being able to stop/start on a whim, without any yanking to get it running again, or that initial extra smoke at startup.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I’ve been in the States longer and my accent is mostly gone. I have turned into one of those obnoxious people who simply parrots the accents of whoever is in the majority. Can’t help it. If I read out loud it’s pretty much English with a little American Midwest thrown in for spice.

Wait. You're an expat? I thought you were Alabaman born and raised.

Top Bottom
1 2