What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I will admit that I was so tired (as a result of receiving the vaccine yesterday) that I found it quite hard to concentrate during my French class this evening.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I will admit that I was so tired (as a result of receiving the vaccine yesterday) that I found it quite hard to concentrate during my French class this evening.
Early night then. I suspect I will to as last night I was awake more than I was asleep. I hate night like that. Especially when the sleep parts have weird/horrible dreams.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Early night then. I suspect I will to as last night I was awake more than I was asleep. I hate night like that. Especially when the sleep parts have weird/horrible dreams.

My electric blanket is already on, and tonight, neither beer nor wine hold the slightest attraction for me.

So, yes, it will be an early night.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My electric blanket is already on, and tonight, neither beer nor wine hold the slightest attraction for me.

So, yes, it will be an early night.
Funny we put ours away today when we made the bed.

In the office tomorrow and visiting a possible new warehouse location.

Also planning to pop a note through the door of my colleague who passed away of Covid. Her husband has been on my mind a lot of late. Losing his wife in her mid 40's. Far too early. I don't know what I'd do if it was my wife. Then at least I'm seeing my Dad tomorrow night as he is staying near by. Off to sit in a pub garden. First time I've seen him in a long time.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Funny we put ours away today when we made the bed.

In the office tomorrow and visiting a possible new warehouse location.

Also planning to pop a note through the door of my colleague who passed away of Covid. Her husband has been on my mind a lot of late. Losing his wife in her mid 40's. Far too early. I don't know what I'd do if it was my wife. Then at least I'm seeing my Dad tomorrow night as he is staying near by. Off to sit in a pub garden. First time I've seen him in a long time.

That is very rough about your colleague's husband; he must be heart-broken, poor chap.

Re electric blankets, I was very cold last night - not sure where weather and Covid vaccine intersect - when I went to bed.

And, I must admit that I am looking forward to a nice, warm bed, when I shall head up shortly,

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
The night after I had had my second Moderna injection I kept waking up feeling either hot or cold and at the time, only half-awake at best, attributed it to the fact that it was an unusually warm early-spring night outdoors.... DUH, it didn't occur to me until a day or so later that, of course it had nothing to do with the outdoor weather, or even the temperature inside my condo unit, it was that my body was experiencing some reactions to the Moderna jab!!!! The entire next day after my jab I also felt chilled even though we were still experiencing really nice early-spring warmish temperatures during that very brief few days in March. DUH.... oh, yeah, I more than likely had a fever and just didn't realize it! I had set out the thermometer to check my temperature but of course never actually got around to doing that......

The last time I did the laundering and changing of the bed linens I decided it was time to remove the extra blanket, since the goosedown duvet is plenty to keep me warm during most of the year, and so far I've been fine even though we have had a couple of chillier nights the last week or so and probably that extra blanket would've been welcome. Should've left it on for another week! I'm not bothering to put the thing back on now, though, as this is nearly mid-May and our temperatures are going to (presumably and hopefully) continue to warm up both daytime and nighttime. So now it's just the duvet and the sheets on the bed for the next many months until we start heading into wintery cold nights again.....

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally firmed up plans to see the family and I can't wait! My son is already in Florida with his sister. My brother and sister-in-law will bring Mum over from Jax and we'll all meet in St. Pete Friday night. Haven't seen Mum or the kids in a year and a half.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
The night after I had had my second Moderna injection I kept waking up feeling either hot or cold and at the time, only half-awake at best, attributed it to the fact that it was an unusually warm early-spring night outdoors.... DUH, it didn't occur to me until a day or so later that, of course it had nothing to do with the outdoor weather, or even the temperature inside my condo unit, it was that my body was experiencing some reactions to the Moderna jab!!!! The entire next day after my jab I also felt chilled even though we were still experiencing really nice early-spring warmish temperatures during that very brief few days in March. DUH.... oh, yeah, I more than likely had a fever and just didn't realize it! I had set out the thermometer to check my temperature but of course never actually got around to doing that......

The last time I did the laundering and changing of the bed linens I decided it was time to remove the extra blanket, since the goosedown duvet is plenty to keep me warm during most of the year, and so far I've been fine even though we have had a couple of chillier nights the last week or so and probably that extra blanket would've been welcome. Should've left it on for another week! I'm not bothering to put the thing back on now, though, as this is nearly mid-May and our temperatures are going to (presumably and hopefully) continue to warm up both daytime and nighttime. So now it's just the duvet and the sheets on the bed for the next many months until we start heading into wintery cold nights again.....

Yes, I had that hot-and-cold feeling the first night, and felt frozen last night (but the warm bed put paid to that) when I went to bed.

That, plus fatigue, and a bout of "brain fog" (I am embarrassed to recall the mistakes I made last night at my French class when writing words I already know perfectly well).

Feeling a lot better today.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I stayed up until almost 10:30 last night, which is unusual for me, but I wanted to feel tired before getting in bed. When I woke up it was 10:00. I had ignored my alarm completely, which I never do. I guess there's a first for everything.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Feeling a lot better today.

This morning, I phoned the French bakery asking them to keep some bread for me, and, bless them, they did.

Then, the library wrote to me - libraries! yes!! - one of the books that was "in transit" since just before the imposition of the most recent lock down had arrived.

So, I headed in, for bread, cheese, library books (three books actually awaited me, fantastic) returning one and collecting three.

And I took advantage of a trip to the city to buy boring stuff such as moisturiser and replacement bulbs for a lamp (a bulb that had snuffed it weeks ago).

And a bottle of wine made its merry way into my basket.

Happy - and rapid - shopping.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Such an exciting life I lead..... LOL!

That's okay... there's occasionally more than a little truth in the idea that "May you live in interesting times" amounts to a curse... whether in Chinese or in any other language!

As of today I'm becoming superstitious about even thinking "Wow look at that sunshine!" because for sure lately whenever I say it out loud, the next thing pops up is a frost warning, or a wind advisory. Today we have both yet again, dashing hopes for a morning of pre-gardening activity outdoors followed by a lunch of something refreshing and cooling like cucumbers in a pita with hummus... but all that turned into a morning of sorting fabric scraps to be pressed and trimmed into usable shapes, followed by a hot and hearty lunch of spicy beans and cheese in taco shells.

Trying to count my blessings, which are many. Seems selfish to be whining about the weather when a glance at the newspapers suggests I'm having a wonderful time, compared to plenty without any of my same luck this particular week.

So I'm working on my attitude today... and meanwhile setting aside an urge to tweet to the Canadians to get a grip on their fresh air already, Of course if and when they do that, the wind will drop and THEN we'll have a predicted frost overnight, as it wasn't even 40ºF at midday. At least I've long since realized that around here mid-June is a better bet for actual gardening. Still I look forward to getting on with the pre-garden chores if we can just get past this pneumonia-friendly weather out there, gee.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
That is very rough about your colleague's husband; he must be heart-broken, poor chap.

Re electric blankets, I was very cold last night - not sure where weather and Covid vaccine intersect - when I went to bed.

And, I must admit that I am looking forward to a nice, warm bed, when I shall head up shortly,
Having sat outside at the pub this evening, I’m feeling pretty cold. If the blanket was still fitted, I’d have hit the switch.
Still it was worth it to see my Dad.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We went to the old city after picking up T from her standardized testing (hahaha, she finished at the 2nd break and was released ...), parked in the garage, driving the Wrangler, performed a double-ducking on a couple of Wrangler we parked near :D

IMG_7761.jpeg

It's kind of like "Where's Waldo?" finding the tiny little ducks :D

Pfizer being offered to 12-15 year olds, T is queued for her first shot.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Having sat outside at the pub this evening, I’m feeling pretty cold. If the blanket was still fitted, I’d have hit the switch.
Still it was worth it to see my Dad.

Delighted that you managed to see your Dad & hope you had a lovely time; Stella for you? What did he have?

Re the cold, it is still unseasonably cold, and winter lingered late this year.

My electric blanket will be keeping me company for a few nights yet.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Other Brother and German sister-in-law will receive their jabs tomorrow.

(Frequent emails were exchanged today, yesterday, Sunday & Saturday with both brothers).

U

User.45

Submitted my tiny grant... This time I really didn't want to last-minute it, deadline was 5PM;
405PM - found an error in the budget
410PM - desperately on the phone with our budget expert to fix it
412PM - Front door bell rings. Guy states he bumped into my parked car.
414PM - Car has some white pain marks which I can rub off. Tell the guy to take away his insurance card and told him I appreciate him owning up to this and honest people are tough to come by.
420PM - Call my Co-PI because of course his extra funding needs to be listed
425PM - assemble everything in PDF, but it messes up a figure
435PM - Figure fixed after pasting it as. TIFF not a PDF
439PM - Grant submitted
446PM - 1 minute late to pick up my daughter who's traumatized that she can't walk home with her buddies because I drove.

Next up, getting another study approved and getting a "preproposal" in to the DoD.

Top Bottom
1 2