Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Maybe this?

Pumbaa beat me to it -- yep, the Colonial Pipeline shutdown due to a cyberattack has really had an impact throughout the southeastern area of the US and reaching as far north as DC and environs as well. That impact, though, was significantly increased and exacerbated by those who decided that each of the three or four vehicles (including at least one or two gas-guzzling SUVs) their family has in their suburban driveway absolutely had to have its tank filled to the brim, plus they also needed to have two or three or more portable containers filled with gasoline as well.....you know, just in case in driving somewhere within their own neighborhood and area over the next few days they -- gasp! -- run out of gas..... The same folks who bought up huge supplies of paper goods and such....

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Pumbaa beat me to it -- yep, the Colonial Pipeline shutdown due to a cyberattack has really had an impact throughout the southeastern area of the US and reaching as far north as DC and environs as well. That impact, though, was significantly increased and exacerbated by those who decided that each of the three or four vehicles (including at least one or two gas-guzzling SUVs) their family has in their suburban driveway absolutely had to have its tank filled to the brim, plus they also needed to have two or three or more portable containers filled with gasoline as well.....you know, just in case in driving somewhere within their own neighborhood and area over the next few days they -- gasp! -- run out of gas..... The same folks who bought up huge supplies of paper goods and such....
I know the type..... Mrs AFB starts nagging me when her car gets to a third of a tank. That’s about three months running to the shops and back for her! I usually wait until the light comes on. Especially now it opens every time!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
I usually fill my tank when it hits around a third of a tank, too, just because..... and yeah, since I've been retired I don't drive nearly as much as I did in the past, and I'm usually able to put off driving when the weather's bad and such. With the pandemic, of course there have been no nice long road trips, so my new car has really not gotten very much exercise over the several months I've had her! When I AM on a long road trip, though, I always make it a point to keep an eye on the gauge and to fill up when the car gets to around the halfway point since it is not so predictable where or when I might be able to next get gas again, especially in an unfamiliar area.

I am definitely planning to spend more time with my new buggy on the road over the next few months, but don't have any serious, major, lengthy road trips planned. At least I'll take her out-and-about locally beyond just my immediate area, though, and am planning to get together with a friend in another area which is about an hour's drive away, plus other friends who are in my more local vicinity. Vaccinations RULE!!!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Relief is on the way: According to The Washington Post, Colonial Pipeline is back in business..... Whew!

Colonial Pipeline announced that it has launched the restart of pipeline operations as of about 5 p.m. Eastern time. The company said “it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal.” There will probably continue to be service interruptions. “Colonial will move as much gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel as is safely possible and will continue to do so until markets return to normal,” the company said.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm doing laundry and packing. We're leaving in the morning to head to St. Pete to meet my family, none of whom I've seen in over a year and a half. (Thanks Covid.) The rest of the day I'm deleting slides from my presentation because it actually was too long. (Thanks Covid!) So much easier to cut than add. When we did the practice yesterday, my chair kept thanking me for making the process so easy for her. Anyway, I'm going to put the finishing touches on it today and not think about it again until I return next Tuesday night, just in time for the presentation on Wednesday.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I'm doing laundry and packing. We're leaving in the morning to head to St. Pete to meet my family, none of whom I've seen in over a year and a half. (Thanks Covid.) The rest of the day I'm deleting slides from my presentation because it actually was too long. (Thanks Covid!) So much easier to cut than add. When we did the practice yesterday, my chair kept thanking me for making the process so easy for her. Anyway, I'm going to put the finishing touches on it today and not think about it again until I return next Tuesday night, just in time for the presentation on Wednesday.

Do enjoy; sounds as though it will be a fun trip, and I can well imagine how much you must be looking forward to it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Are you coming down 95? Honk when you pass the St. Augustine Outlet malls :D

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well the "beast" our tandem finally got repaired and my wife finally was able to ride too. Now she has to get back in shape. we took a 2 mile ride and that wore her out.
How is this for a receipt? a part and then the cost to put it on. it was hard to find all the parts as bike stuff is a bit scarce still. I did not tell her the bike was ready I parked it outside told her there was a cool flower blooming and come see it.
64265557100__C1AF1941-D2FB-4B6E-91A2-9BC67918CB5F.jpg
IMG_2707.jpg
IMG_2708.jpg
IMG_2709.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2