What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
What is interesting is that I am not sure how long I've had this particular bottle of Blushing Monk in the refrigerator and yet it is absolutely as delicious -- maybe even more so? -- as maybe a bottle purchased recently would be? Don't know, and haven't yet checked my local sources to see if I can buy Blushing Monk now, but if I can, I will -- and yes, that price tag is well worth it!

Not sure if you can lay hands on it in the US, and, in common with Blushing Monk, it is produced in limited quantities, is 'natural', (both labour intensive and demanding of natural resources - i.e. real raspberries in considerable quantities), comes with a pretty hefty price, not widely available, but, if you ever do lay eyes on it, the raspberry fruit beer by the Danish brewing company, Mikkeller, is superb.

Outstanding, in fact.

A tart - and delicious - (and highly alcoholic) raspberry beer that I cannot recommend highly enough.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The birthday week getaway was pretty amazing, just some rando pics, the special club level was awesome … 2nd time on the Velocicoaster, got on in 5 minutes, spectacular …

1623020980724.jpeg

1623021028761.jpeg

1623021160530.jpeg

1623021223126.jpeg

1623021287105.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Have been thinking about going to my local cinema, but if I did, I'd like to see Peter Rabbit 2 first. First one was really good.
first week it has been open. all last year I did not have anything to do on Saturdays while my wife worked so I went to work too, 6 days a week for months sucked.

D

Deleted member 199

I spent the first half of the day dealing with immigration because I'm a dirty foreigner, and.. you know, can't be trusted for more than 12 months at a time.

Then about $350 worth of stuff at the cash & carry (kind of like Costco, I guess, except it's mostly targeted at food vendors here) to stock up on a bunch of frozen/large volume stuff for another couple of months.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
In retirement I soon enough ditched getting those old Sunday-night blues (thinking about workday Mondays), because of course I'm not reporting to a boss now on weekdays. But there's no way even now that I can foresee disliking weekends. I still make distinctions between what I do on weekdays and on the weekend, and try to shove disliked chores into the Mon-Fri slots. I still welcome Friday nights as though I'd just put in an 80-hour workweek!
It’s the weekends in general. I just can’t appreciate them now like I used to. Of course, it doesn’t help that I really wasn’t ready and didn’t particularly want to retire. Oh well. Another few months I’ll have a new degree and I can go find a new job.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Quite a chilled day at the office today, weather is nice outside so went for an afternoon walk with colleagues. Got a supplier coming in in half an hour to discuss a test report they submitted which I feel isn’t to the standard we require. Other than that a normal day. Hope the weather remains nice as I want to mow the lawn when I get home :)

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Now I've watched the WWDC keynote, I am going to listen to music for the remaining minutes of the day, and beyond.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OK, roof getting finished up, had to be a little more "proactive" with a section (really wanted it replaced from having a sat dish mounted decade or so ago, lug holes were patched, but kind of shitty ...). The color looks great! I mean, we're not hard asses about it even though we're pretty "design conscious", there was like 6 options available immediately, they're ALL gray-ish / brown-ish, we went with the ligher-ish option - some people have apparently wanted to wait for MONTHS. No way. Done. Looks amazing, time to sell (hahaha, not really ... but maybe ...)

DD being picked up tomorrow, bought it outright at lease end vs. just handing the keys back as we had checked into the used car market value - had to wait 6 weeks for the title, got a new eval from Carvana, it went up $2K even being 6 week older and having another 500 miles on it, uploaded docs, less than an hour, new offer for ~$9K over what we paid, they're coming to pick it up tomorrow. Going to take some time to clean it up really well, probably not needed, just a thing I do.

We actually used it quite a bit over the last 6 weeks, two trips to Orlando, figured it was tagged/insured, keep the mileage off the Jeep.

What we paid (it was actually ~$300 more after the final gyrations):

1623159977337.png

Carvana offer accepted by us:

Carvana.png

*BOOM*

Top Bottom
1 2