What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I did go to the Gardens and took a bazillion photos yesterday. The camera is freakin’ spectacular!

3F774BD4-28F8-4718-A72A-7D34FC036968.jpeg9541FBF4-5F6D-4DCD-80B9-6A23C573B578.jpeg01C7355C-4AE1-4C8B-870B-4F72E368FDF3.jpeg

Just look at that detail!

I also took a tumble and skinned my knee pretty bad. (Thank you, Mother Earth, for catching me in your loamy breast instead of tossing me on the cement sidewalk.) And thank you, Boniva. No thanks to the young couple who wandered by shortly after my fall offering help, when they could clearly see the only thing I’d hurt was my dignity. 🤣

Today I’m gonna stay home and watch football.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I did go to the Gardens and took a bazillion photos yesterday. The camera is freakin’ spectacular!

View attachment 8891View attachment 8892View attachment 8893

Just look at that detail!

I also took a tumble and skinned my knee pretty bad. (Thank you, Mother Earth, for catching me in your loamy breast instead of tossing me on the cement sidewalk.) And thank you, Boniva. No thanks to the young couple who wandered by shortly after my fall offering help, when they could clearly see the only thing I’d hurt was my dignity. 🤣

Today I’m gonna stay home and watch football.
Lovely. Enjoy the egg ball which is what I assume you meant. Currently sat waiting for my friends to turn up for our trip away. Watching the sun going down. Thinking I should go grab my fleece. Keep reading the menu as I’m hungry! Maybe a coffee would be better than another beer before I eat! Of course the best part of my Sunday evening is knowing I’m off work all week!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This evening I installed my Lutron Serena battery-powered shade in the master bath. The old shade was here when we bought the house and it is over the tub which made opening and closing it a PITA. Hence the battery-powered one.

I have to say I am already loving it. Programmed it to a Pico remote mounted on the wall so we can open and close it from the other side of the tub, but we probably will never touch the buttons as I programmed it to raise to 70% at 8AM and lower at Sunset.

Now it wasn't cheap, but for one shade it was OK. Now if she starts wanting to do the whole house in these, that will be a different story. ;)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This evening I installed my Lutron Serena battery-powered shade in the master bath. The old shade was here when we bought the house and it is over the tub which made opening and closing it a PITA. Hence the battery-powered one.

I have to say I am already loving it. Programmed it to a Pico remote mounted on the wall so we can open and close it from the other side of the tub, but we probably will never touch the buttons as I programmed it to raise to 70% at 8AM and lower at Sunset.

Now it wasn't cheap, but for one shade it was OK. Now if she starts wanting to do the whole house in these, that will be a different story. ;)
I've been considering these, did you have to submit a custom size? Also, how do you keep it charged?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I've been considering these, did you have to submit a custom size? Also, how do you keep it charged?

Yes, 100 % custom to size. They have instructions on their site on what they need.

It uses 8 D-cell batteries. Lutron claims that you will get a Raise/Lower cycle everyday for over 3 years on a set of batteries. Easy enough to change, even if more often.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Heh, grandkids of today's coastal Floridians will be a little short of real estate, even if water-facing photo ops are still gorgeous!

Hahaha, yeah, the neighbor (who's been in the area since his parents moved in decades ago) says he's just holding out till he can list his house as "ocean front" :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We got a new shade / aka blind, in yesterday too. We've been ordering them from blinds.com, pretty terrific materials, construction, and price (we keep getting them during sales with stackable, big discounts), all done online with our own measurements (yes, we measure like 10X ...), lots of customization available. Put 4 in the master bedroom a few weeks ago, they've been terrific so far.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score

I have a few Lutron Caseta dimmer switches and pico remotes coming in tomorrow from Home Depot. Gotta smarten up some of the lights in my place. I used Meross light switches at my parents house. Decent and cheap, but sometimes the WiFi goes haywire.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I have a few Lutron Caseta dimmer switches and pico remotes coming in tomorrow from Home Depot. Gotta smarten up some of the lights in my place. I used Meross light switches at my parents house. Decent and cheap, but sometimes the WiFi goes haywire.

They are rock solid. I have a full Homeworks Wireless system, but to add shades to that system requires a new processor that is no longer made. So I went the Serena route for the one shade. Plus I have a Caseta lamp dimmer in the master to turn the nightstand lamps on at dusk. My HW system is maxed out.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I wrapped up some work today that has been plaguing me for months. I got the request months back and completed it 1 day before it's due. It should have honestly taken about half a day. But it was one of those projects where if something could go wrong, it did. And if it could somehow go extra wrong, it did. Some of that was my fault, some of it was US Bank's fault, some of it was the fault of those who did this in the past, some of it was just bad luck, a big chunk of it is the fault of my team (long story). To the techies out there, I had to literally decompile a DLL just to validate that the code in source control was garbage and not actually deployed anywhere. That's how bad it got.

Anyway, it's done now! 🎉

The only part left now is to get all this documented so if I'm not around the next time, someone else won't need to go through what I went through.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Cross county adventure to visit the only Ikea accessible to me through public transit that possibly had a certain cable available (out of stock online too). Managed to get there and got the very last one, despite massive commuter train delays due to “an incident”. Slight detour on the way home for a tasty churrasco palta.

Overall a good day. As most days are.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Cross county adventure to visit the only Ikea accessible to me

Ikea is on my shit list at the moment. Ordered a nightstand for my daughter for pickup at the Charlotte store. Was confirmed in stock. Got there to pick it up, not in stock. Now the only reason I was picking it up was because my daughter tried to order it to be delivered and they wanted like $200 to ship a $50 nightstand. No.

So I made them refund me and left. I then got on the Ikea site and was able to order it for delivery for $14.95. WTH?

Top Bottom
1 2