What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This is why I LOVE HBOMAX, best streaming service out there IMO.

Honestly, most people could probably sub to just HBOMAX and have enough new and interesting back catalog to keep them entertained for years.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m going to go vote in a runoff election today. My choices are between a former student and a former judge who lost his job for spanking inmates in his office. The choice, to me, is clear. One district over, they’re choosing between the guy who got 27% of the votes in the primary election, and the incumbent, who dropped dead two weeks ago. Decisions, decisions.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My choices are between a former student and a former judge who lost his job for spanking inmates in his office.

The choice, to me, is clear.

Me too ...

3-_justin_bartha_and_elizabeth_reasera.jpg

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m going to go vote in a runoff election today. My choices are between a former student and a former judge who lost his job for spanking inmates in his office. The choice, to me, is clear. One district over, they’re choosing between the guy who got 27% of the votes in the primary election, and the incumbent, who dropped dead two weeks ago. Decisions, decisions.
I remember the story about the spanking judge. I thought he would never hold office again.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I went and got my flu shot today. I was surprised. Got there probably close to 2:00. There were 3 people outside to check people in. 4-5 nurses inside. And me. 🤷‍♂️ Not sure if I just showed up at the right time or people didn't hear about it, but I was in and out in no time at all. It was nice.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember the story about the spanking judge. I thought he would never hold office again.
Hopefully now that he’s been soundly spanked (pun intended) in the runoff election, we’ll never have to hear about him again. Interesting side note, his sister worked with me at the h.s. for a few years. She was not well-liked. Someone found out she’d once had a drug charge, which of course was not listed on her employment record, so just like her brother…she lost her job. Interesting family.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Mostly working today. I did treat myself to an early 10'O clock finish this evening though. Now ordering copper nails.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We had two errands to run today. Hubby said “let’s take the truck.” Sure, I say. We go to the car parts place so he can pick up a few things for the truck and then we go to CVS…where we notice the front end is smoking and stinking to high heaven. Apparently the rotor was rubbing against the caliper (pardon me if I got that wrong), and it froze up the brake causing much smoke and heat. Wasted an hour waiting for AAA (who never showed up), and once it all cooled down, we easily made the 1.5 miles home (driving very slowly). The truck is going back to the shop. 🙄

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
our granddaughter has been trying to use grandma's white cane but they are way too long with a tiny granddaughter.I glued this cracked cane so its nice and short and she can test it next time she is over.
IMG_3409.jpg

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, OMG, salmon in an air fryer is fucking horrific :ROFLMAO:

What led you to believe this was a good idea? Also, do you have any suggestions for air fryers? I've always wanted to try one for chicken breast in particular. It's difficult to get it just right in a pan without smoking up the place, and ovens try my patience.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
our granddaughter has been trying to use grandma's white cane but they are way too long with a tiny granddaughter.I glued this cracked cane so its nice and short and she can test it next time she is over.
View attachment 9048
I trust it’s for play and not really needed, right?

We have canes and walkers from bouts with accidents and knee surgery. The grandkids for some reason love to borrow them to “play old people”.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
What led you to believe this was a good idea? Also, do you have any suggestions for air fryers? I've always wanted to try one for chicken breast in particular. It's difficult to get it just right in a pan without smoking up the place, and ovens try my patience.

Not me, good f***ing lord, I'd have to hand in my Foodie Card :D Air frying salmon is like saying ... "Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays"

This is how we cook fish (not salmon, my guess is Halibut, but the first pic I found in my library):

IMG_7476.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
re: Air fryers

They are pretty awesome, for the RIGHT FOODS :D

On Amazon, there's dozens under different names that are clearly the same manufacturer downstream, ours is branded Zeny, it went non-stop for almost a year, failed, a couple of exchanges through the Amazon support portal with the seller and we got a brand new one.

Scored it for under $70, it's the egg shaped type, 3.7Q, 1500W, has a simple LED panel with heat and time.

Amazing for things like fries, chicken wings and especially bacon. If you have "take home" fried foods, it's spectacular for heating them up (vs. a microwave or heating up a whole oven). Basically it's a concentrated convection oven, lots of heat, very high speed air, so it heats, cooks and tends to dry which is great for things you want to have a crispy finish. We did these bacon wrapped filet steaks the other night, cast iron on the stove, AF'ed them for ~60-90 seconds to finish the bacon, just perfect. I even like it to heat up things like pizza, it heats it evenly and also preserves the crust.

When this one fails, I think we're going to get a much larger model.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
When this one fails, I think we're going to get a much larger model.
I started with the jumbo even though there are only two of us. So glad I did. It’s perfect for toasting bagels. Toasting anything for that matter. Grilled cheese? Yes please! And tater tots? OMG!

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I started with the jumbo even though there are only two of us. So glad I did. It’s perfect for toasting bagels. Toasting anything for that matter. Grilled cheese? Yes please! And tater tots? OMG!
We were given the Ninja Foodie. It'll pressure cook, sous-vide, crisp, etc. So far, totally love it. The lids are a bit weird, though.

Top Bottom
1 2