What are you doing today?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
You know, I still want to try Sous Vide, despite the fact that it seemed somewhat like a short lived fad.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Shame he's so overly sensitive. I could've learned so many things about eggs and brisket from him.

Yah, I miss him... and think about him every time I have to try to renegotiate with the WSJ for a better rate, since he used to be into that too. Well since I can't reach him now, I'm off the hook with that quilt he's pretty sure I promised him. :p

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I texted all my grandkids and told them since today is a no-school day, it’s an excellent opportunity to start considering Christmas gift lists.

I did the same thing last year when deliveries were slow—and still ended up receiving one kid’s present on Christmas Eve.

This year we have the supply chain to worry about as well. So even though it’s not yet Halloween, it’s time to be thinking ahead.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Made a supply run (we've cut back so longer between cycles :D)

Saw this, could NOT pass on it, for obvious reasons (at least for the beer folks).

Live as it appeared in the liquor store :D

65539850185__6EF5E58D-A35F-4AE5-B754-1A6E142CDB25.jpeg

Some FYI:

1633726221028.png

1633726250533.png

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Hah, no, it's just that we lost Gutwrench.
A genuine loss, @Gutwrench; among other things - he wrote very kindly to me (by DM) when my mother died, - he had a close relationship and terrific rapport with his own mum - and I must say that I was deeply touched and very appreciative.

Small kindnesses really matter at such a time.
He can Sous Vide too? I always thought he was more of a Big Green Egg master.
As @lizkat (below) says,....both.

He knew his onions (okay, slang, but appropriate slang when discussing culinary mastery & related matters), i.e. well, he knew his stuff, enjoyed his food, and was a genuinely well informed greedy, gourmet (and gourmand).
Agreed.

Shame he's so overly sensitive. I could've learned so many things about eggs and brisket from him.
I learned a lot from him and thoroughly enjoyed his posts. And perspective (even if I didn't always find myself in agreement with it).
Yah, I miss him... and think about him every time I have to try to renegotiate with the WSJ for a better rate, since he used to be into that too. Well since I can't reach him now, I'm off the hook with that quilt he's pretty sure I promised him. :p
Won't mention the war (sorry, quilt), but I will say that I miss him, too.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Carrying on assembling the aluminium and glass grow house Mrs AFB ordered. Mostly done. Then either painting some fence, mowing the grass or a combination of the two. Its nice and sunny today, although not warm. But it is October.
I get the impression that Mrs AFB seems to really enjoy the grounds and gardens of what is no longer really your "new" house.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
My oldest grandson is coming over in about an hour. We're going to start bingeing Gotham together. I've seen it, so I'll be his guide to the wonderfully weird world that has given birth to so many infamous villains, and one famously dark hero. I even sent him a trailer from the show's premiere to whet his appetite.

Top Bottom
1 2