What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Why do you need so many? Is it like me with utility knives and tape measures? Never seem to be able to find one when I need it.

That is a good deal.

I wanted more than a few, so this was the best price for "a bunch". They're all over the place here at the World HQ, office/main charging area, both cars (2-3 in the Tesla), extras in the little G's backpack, both bedrooms.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Held hostage by Fed Ex, package sent from a friend was supposed to be delivered yesterday and that status changed to something like "we have no idea now, it may or may not come anytime and you have to sign for it". So now one of us has to be here at all times without a clue of when they're coming.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I intend to enjoy it by starting a bonfire.

We got in these incredible looking "fire skulls", you toss them into a fire pit, fireplace, they don't actually burn, just get hot and glow - they're like some kind of concrete material.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Held hostage by Fed Ex, package sent from a friend was supposed to be delivered yesterday and that status changed to something like "we have no idea now, it may or may not come anytime and you have to sign for it". So now one of us has to be here at all times without a clue of when they're coming.

The little G got a no delivery from AliExpress, they mis-addressed the package (she's gotten other stuff just fine), non-existent address, so it went back to the seller.

Only ~$8 or so, but I went back and forth with the dispute/messaging center, hahahaha, one of my messages after they sort of blew me off was something like, "This is T's Dad, I'll spend as much time as necessary to resolve this for her, let me be totally clear, this will not go away, I've explained the shipping issue, refund her money before the end of the day."

1634241159692.png

Refunded. :D

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
We got in these incredible looking "fire skulls", you toss them into a fire pit, fireplace, they don't actually burn, just get hot and glow - they're like some kind of concrete material.

...I love glowing skulls. I must have one.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I'm really missing it! These last few days the weather has taken a nasty turn. Quite cold at times.

My dear old Mother (in the days when she still had her mind, memory and proverbial marbles) used to say - invariably with a smile, and in a sort of ruminative tone of voice - that "gardening was food for the soul."

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I have the opposite problem. I’ve taken to wearing a belt my wife used to as mine is too large. I’m the lightest I’ve been since I was a child.

Oh, hahaha, I'm [+-] 10-lbs of my slightly bulkier "fighting weight", don't get me wrong, we love our excessive food and drink, but we also spend a decent amount of time working out whether that's a specific weight/HIIT/yoga/cycle type thing or just a long SUP session at the beach, and we alternate with pretty healthy eating.

I don't really even eat candy, maybe on Halloween night/day I might pound a few things :)

After the big holiday run with our trip the over next 4 days , Thanksgiving, the NYC trip, all the crazy delicious good between now and the first - I'll get back to a slightly more controlled program :p

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
More skull, in fact, plural skulls :D The room is almost totally dark, the low light tech on the iPhone 13 is astonishing ...

IMG_0123.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
HAHAHAHA, OMG, the kitty got snagged in the spiderweb/giant spider we have setup under a table ...

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I wanted more than a few, so this was the best price for "a bunch". They're all over the place here at the World HQ, office/main charging area, both cars (2-3 in the Tesla), extras in the little G's backpack, both bedrooms.
We've got 4 of us with phones, watches and various odds and ends. Each car has at least two cables, and another 2-3 charging stations throughout the house. Plus, "they" are really hard on the cables, so we have to purge periodically.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We've got 4 of us with phones, watches and various odds and ends. Each car has at least two cables, and another 2-3 charging stations throughout the house. Plus, "they" are really hard on the cables, so we have to purge periodically.

So true, and why I bought a bunch, they get lost, broken/faulty.

I probably should get some kind of MagSafe charger setup for my 13, but it's easier with everyone using the same cable spec. I don't know if Apple will just go totally "wireless" or possibly USB-C in the near future, but I'm kind of hoping this is the last batch of Lightning cables ...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So true, and why I bought a bunch, they get lost, broken/faulty.

I probably should get some kind of MagSafe charger setup for my 13, but it's easier with everyone using the same cable spec. I don't know if Apple will just go totally "wireless" or possibly USB-C in the near future, but I'm kind of hoping this is the last batch of Lightning cables ...
I was disappointed that they didn’t go to USB-C with the 13, but then I realized they went away from USB-C on the Mac, so we may never get away from lightning.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Watched LA and SF play their game 5 tonight. Loved LA's 2-1 win even if a win on a called check-swing feels a bit chintzy. Let's face it, that was a bad call. On the other hand even the Giants' manager said that wasn't the only reason they lost that game. There was a moment of shock in the stands though when the SF fans realized "wow, it's game over... but like that?!?" At least they didn't come out on the field with pitchforks.

So now LA head to Atlanta for start of the NLCS Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile not sure I'll like how the Boston v Houston ALCS games will go. I have the same love-hate relationship with the Red Sox as I do for the soon to be Cleveland Guardians... just never bought a Red Sox hat because I knew I'd burn it well before the leaves start falling off the trees.

Anyway Boston has been playing hot in post-season but their regular season stats v Houston's told a different story... and the start of the championship series is always a psychological reboot anyway, so... time will tell. Boston will play two games in Texas starting tomorrow night.

I'm psyched. I love the October games. Not much else gets my attention once the championship series start until the World Series wraps up. So when I come back to earth and start reading the front pages of the newspapers again, I hope I discover that someone talked some sense into Sinema and Manchin... :rolleyes: ...if I were assigned to babysit them, this would be their time to steal bases in DC while I admire or curse the ones pulling stunts like that on baseball diamonds.

JamesMike

Power User
Reaction score
Watched LA and SF play their game 5 tonight. Loved LA's 2-1 win even if a win on a called check-swing feels a bit chintzy. Let's face it, that was a bad call. On the other hand even the Giants' manager said that wasn't the only reason they lost that game. There was a moment of shock in the stands though when the SF fans realized "wow, it's game over... but like that?!?" At least they didn't come out on the field with pitchforks.

So now LA head to Atlanta for start of the NLCS Saturday and Sunday. Meanwhile not sure I'll like how the Boston v Houston ALCS games will go. I have the same love-hate relationship with the Red Sox as I do for the soon to be Cleveland Guardians... just never bought a Red Sox hat because I knew I'd burn it well before the leaves start falling off the trees.

Anyway Boston has been playing hot in post-season but their regular season stats v Houston's told a different story... and the start of the championship series is always a psychological reboot anyway, so... time will tell. Boston will play two games in Texas starting tomorrow night.

I'm psyched. I love the October games. Not much else gets my attention once the championship series start until the World Series wraps up. So when I come back to earth and start reading the front pages of the newspapers again, I hope I discover that someone talked some sense into Sinema and Manchin... :rolleyes: ...if I were assigned to babysit them, this would be their time to steal bases in DC while I admire or curse the ones pulling stunts like that on baseball diamonds.
Unfortunately, the check-swing call was not reviewable. Maybe that should change.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Phoned the French bakery (to have bread put aside for me tomorrow).

And phoned the best organic vegetable stall in the market, to ask them to put aside some vegetables (and eggs).

Fish was delivered today (from the fishmonger).

The oven is currently playing host to a dish (based, loosely, on a Portuguese recipe), of monkfish, with cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, potatoes, - all of the vegetables are organic - seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, pimentón (smoked, sweet paprika), wine, olive oil, and a little stock.

Top Bottom
1 2