What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Dinner (pasta and my own homemade blue cheese sauce with wilted spinach) and a nap; something about pasta (especially as we approach winter) means that it is almost always followed by a wonderfully restorative nap.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Going to get up at 3:30 AM and drive 3 hours one way to try and get a photo on a mountain above the cloud line at sunrise, it's a crapshoot and chances are slim that I'll get what I'm after but if I don't try it will never happen. :)
I can guarantee the weather won't be what you need. However if you stay in bed it will be glorious sunrise. Thats how it always works out for me!

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been to the doctor, or dentist, and yes, it is that time of year again.... Also I need to check in with my ophthalmologist, too; back in May I was supposed to have a six-month followup -- the doc is keeping an eye on something going on with my right eye -- and due to the pandemic, their scheduling was all switched around and I couldn't make the rescheduled appointment, so was told that I'd be called if there were a cancellation. Well, that never happened and the summer slipped by.....
I've been to the opticians twice since I've been married! That's not good is it?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I can guarantee the weather won't be what you need. However if you stay in bed it will be glorious sunrise. Thats how it always works out for me!
Funny, the next morning the fog rolled in on demand. Actually that's sad, not funny. :cry:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Yes.... I am not just imagining that it so often rains or snows on bins-to-road day, yet not on the days fore and aft of it. So tiresome!

Today has been about cutting the assembly seams and flattening of boxes that pantry things were shipped in, so I do hope it won't rain tomorrow. I want to put the cardboard out for the pickup of recyclable items. I don't know if they just compost it these days anyway, but I do know that if it gets wet it definitely goes in the back of their truck with the garbage... otherwise they still put it in the side with the recyclable cans and glass.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
How hard is this?

ctm-fbi-director-0917-tape-1125362-640x360.jpg
Well he was supposedly... *ahem* performing for one person (someone other than his wife) while the other Zoom meeting participants were off discussing within their respective subgroups. So he intended an audience of one, not everyone.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well he was supposedly... *ahem* performing for one person (someone other than his wife) while the other Zoom meeting participants were off discussing within their respective subgroups. So he intended an audience of one, not everyone.
That makes more sense than him deliberately spanking it in front of an entire group. It's really a shame, his public life and possibly his career are likely over now.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

That makes more sense than him deliberately spanking it in front of an entire group. It's really a shame, his public life and possibly his career are likely over now.

But........this is perfectly idiotic.

I mean, there is a significant difference between the public and the private sphere and there is supposed to be a clear distinction between the professional and the personal, the sort of distinction where certain activities clearly lie to one side of this boundary.

Yes, Zoom and home working may serve to blur these distinctions, but, even at home, I would have thought that this is the sort of thing that is done in private, and if, for "an audience of one", certainly not during, or in parallel to, a work meeting.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Eight inches fell here yesterday. FML

Edit: Sorry forgot to list my activity....sulking.
We're still waiting for our first rain since February. But we did finally get our awning installed yesterday so when it finally does rain we'll have some cover, also great at keeping the sun out. Here's a before and after.

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We're still waiting for our first rain since February. But we did finally get our awning installed yesterday so when it finally does rain we'll have some cover, also great at keeping the sun out. Here's a before and after.

View attachment 847

View attachment 848

I'm waiting for the next rain since 9:15a ... :D

That's a nice porch! Just need the chairs and table and a cold one ... :D

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Very nice indeed! You should enjoy lots of quality time out there. If you get half as much from it as we do our deck, then it will have been worth whatever you put into it.

Lovely walk this morning followed by some good chicory blend coffee. Almost time to head to today’s doctor appointment. When I get home I can take a nice bath and then finish my last two assignments for this term. I can’t believe my final classes begin on Monday! I’m glad I have comps after Christmas break.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Very nice indeed! You should enjoy lots of quality time out there. If you get half as much from it as we do our deck, then it will have been worth whatever you put into it.

Lovely walk this morning followed by some good chicory blend coffee. Almost time to head to today’s doctor appointment. When I get home I can take a nice bath and then finish my last two assignments for this term. I can’t believe my final classes begin on Monday! I’m glad I have comps after Christmas break.
Thank you. Our yard is very sterile compared to yours with all that vegetation and life going on but it's all a brand new build that wasn't even here a year ago so it will take some time, we're trying to green it up.

We're also getting out for a walk this morning, you're right about this time of year being perfect for it, it's the same for us with the temps cooling down into the 70s.

Top Bottom
1 2