What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
It is, indeed, a sloth! We all got to hold them. They just don’t seem real- even up close!

Ever since I saw (watched?) the very first natural history documentary series by the legendary David Attenborough (Life On Earth), oh, all of a few decades ago, - which featured sloths, - I was completely charmed, and have - ever since - been absolutely fascinated by them - and they have been one of my very favourite creatures.

Wonderful.

Sounds as though it was an amazing experience; I'm impressed and more than a little envious.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Technically off today. Only done a bit of work so far.
Other that, some running, cleaned and vacuumed.
Suns out now, so maybe an afternoon walk is on the cards? Then some more prep for my planning meeting tomorrow.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Waiting on my first Tesla service! A tap in the app was all it took. :)

It's actually pretty minor, just getting the key cards replaced, when we took delivery they were a touch warped (like maybe 2-3mm deflection), functionally fine, and fit in a "soft" wallet, but I'm thinking about carrying my hard/card wallet, and they need to be flat.

Mobile Service is driving right to my house and doing the swap/programming right here :cool:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Daughter: "Dad! The Tesla Mobile just pulled in the driveway!"

:ROFLMAO:

The "service" took 2 minutes, he said just to keep my old cards, so now we have 4, including two new perfectly flat ones.

Then we talked about cars for 20-25 minutes, young kid totally into performance vehicles, talked about owning manual cars, tuning imports and whatnot. Fun :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Looking at some picture exchanges from last night from the PA family, wow!

PXL_20220117_001031548.jpg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
poor wife really suffers with her shoulder. it is getting better. all she can do is raise her forearm and grip the exercise ball a bit. today the fun job of taking this huge bandage off. sleeping is the worst, she cant have any pressure on her right shoulder blade and the wedge pillow I got her for bed wont work. finally found the couch in our granddaughters room works the best. but she still doesn't to sleep real well keeps waking up. today is the first day I go to work so I have to ahve all her food planned out so she can eat it without having to open had to open things. I got her some silicone bowls with suction cups and lots for her foods and opened her yogurt and then put the lid back on. I bought her a comfy for Christmas and it has worked really well. though it can be too warm. but she does not to put her right arm through so that is great.
66400594140__A8E20AF0-594F-46FE-B3BB-1822AA72E71F.jpeg
IMG_3799.jpeg
IMG_3804.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Speaking of coffee, the 3 we got are terrific, this morning we had the Salted Carmel Mocha, wow, even as a "medium roast", it's extra rich, beautifully oily, the smell is insane when it hits the grinder. I've been adding a small sprinkling of some dark roast beans to the grind, but all 3 from this batch don't even need it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Speaking of coffee, the 3 we got are terrific, this morning we had the Salted Carmel Mocha, wow, even as a "medium roast", it's extra rich, beautifully oily, the smell is insane when it hits the grinder. I've been adding a small sprinkling of some dark roast beans to the grind, but all 3 from this batch don't even need it.
I discovered that Costco has the best tasting instant coffee yet, their Kirkland brand! :D Yes, I still use the French press every so often…but I’ve gotten lazy, very lazy when it comes to preparing my coffee. :unsure:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I know! I'm still totally in awe of snow, though I get the hassle and BS of dealing with for work, school, etc. Hahaha, the BIL said he almost jumped on a flight and headed down this way (he has a place down here).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This was our jam last night, watched some football out here on the iPad (you can actually see the TV through the window too). It was cold enough (yes, "cold" ... :D), I fired up the fire pit. And yes, if you guessed I was playing Firestarter by The Prodigy and dancing around on the deck - you are correct.

IMG_0816.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I discovered that Costco has the best tasting instant coffee yet, their Kirkland brand! :D Yes, I still use the French press every so often…but I’ve gotten lazy, very lazy when it comes to preparing my coffee. :unsure:

I should get adventurous sometime and try some "modern" instant coffee just to see if it's worth keeping some in the back pantry as part of winter inventory. Haven't sampled it in at leat 40 years. Don't think there's a Costco anywhere around here though. Are there any "name" brands that are worth trying from regular supermarkets? (or some brand at a BJ or an Aldi?)

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I should get adventurous sometime and try some "modern" instant coffee just to see if it's worth keeping some in the back pantry as part of winter inventory. Haven't sampled it in at leat 40 years. Don't think there's a Costco anywhere around here though. Are there any "name" brands that are worth trying from regular supermarkets? (or some brand at a BJ or an Aldi?)
Mellow birds! 😱

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’ve tried Kirkland Brand, a Kroger Brand, an HEB brand, of those the Kirkland is the best. There is also a Via Roma Espresso Instant Coffee which is good based on my disreputable taste buds. :D

1D84D6C8-C4A5-4085-901B-D5B11C8B2F6D.jpeg

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
@DT

Any videos about the dance? 😃
You can now use diff keys on almost everyday of the week. First world fun. 😃

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a good day today.

Enjoying my new Sony Blue-ray player. Like I never seen one...

And finally I have received the external keyboard for my tablet I have been hunting for for ages. I had a special one in mind based on my previous experience (portable, with a stand for the tablet etc.). The problem was that this keyboard has not been in production for years, plus I needed a special localization. I was lucky, found one. Absolutely new, the guy never used it.

Here it is :

microsoft-wedge-bluetooth-billentyo_53d9c77c.jpgs-l1600.jpg

And today my training shoes arrived as well. I had to order one as it is too cold in the Dojo barefoot on the tatami. Perfect feet as can be expected of Tokaido.

Here it is:

kampfsport-karate-schuhe-tokaido-athletic-weiss-015b360fdd8968e_384x543.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2