What are you doing today?

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Snow shoveling around the house in the morning.
Picked up my packages from the box (Wrangler shoes and a Fossil wallet) in the afternoon.
Some housekeeping job.
Talked with my son for 2-3 hours.
Now in bed, checking mail, "talking about" etc.
Reading and then sleep.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Bit of running and gardening this morning.
Then cleaned the bathroom.
Went for a walk this afternoon.
I’m (mostly) off work tomorrow. Then up at stupid O’clock to head to Leeds for more of our group stocktake.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I’m (mostly) off work tomorrow. Then up at stupid O’clock to head to Leeds for more of our group stocktake.
Sounds most agreeable, a very pleasant way to pass a (not ghastly) Sunday in January.

So, Stupid O'Clock is early Tuesday?

U

User.45

Paper to review, summary of research to submit, start statistics on another paper, 10 emails to respond to.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score

Reading this it just occurred to me that the last time I was in Leeds was three decades ago on a school class exchange program. Time flies.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sounds most agreeable, a very pleasant way to pass a (not ghastly) Sunday in January.

So, Stupid O'Clock is early Tuesday?
Yes. Not too bad. Need to leave at 6. Pick up a colleague about 45 minutes down the road. Then off to Leeds until Wednesday. It’s about a three hour drive, so hoping we get done early and I can leave early Wednesday.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Reading this it just occurred to me that the last time I was in Leeds was three decades ago on a school class exchange program. Time flies.
Apart from work, I’ve not been there in years either. Used to have some nice holidays at a friends parents house in Ripon. But that was 30+ years ago.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yes. Not too bad. Need to leave at 6. Pick up a colleague about 45 minutes down the road. Then off to Leeds until Wednesday. It’s about a three hour drive, so hoping we get done early and I can leave early Wednesday.
Good luck and stay safe.

Any nice meals - or activities - planned, in addition to work?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So just after I post "Our LG washer/dryer has had amazing service ..." in another thread, the washer flips out :LOL:

Thankfully, I have no fear about attempting my own repairs, a decent history of MacGyver-y-ness , and the internet is filled with helpful information.

No telling what a repair service would charge (I get a sense it's easily $400+), and I read about people being told "It need to be replaced" ($1000+), but __today__ I ordered a replacement rotor assembly (~$70) and rotor position sensor (~$10), the latter is likely not the issue, but a common failure point and easily accessed if you're R&R-ing the [motor] rotor, so figured why not for $10 and an extra 20-25 minutes. The rotor is even an updated part with the specific design issue improved. :)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
helping the homeless in the most unusual way.

My shop is close to a lot of homeless. I do woodworking and often the lock was cut off my dumpster in the winter. I pretty much only put wood scrap and sawdust in it. But it's only plywood and pdf and stuff no solid wood. I have given up putting al lock on it we have one homeless guy that comes by with bolt cutters and cuts all the locks off. If I put a stronger lock they will break the bar or remove the lid.
S oI shut leave it unlocked and it keeps getting emptied. Even the sawdust gets removed now.my sawdust would not burn well so no clue on that. I don't think I have had to have it dumped in almost two months. So I am keeping someone warm.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy shit!

1643048387259.png

1643048599796.png

Top Bottom
1 2