What are you doing today?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was actually getting along pretty well with him over there in my little corner but never really followed his posts so not sure what all the hubbub is about.

In the end it's just a message board and those with online personas have never been an issue for me, some of them can actually be pretty fun.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The mind reels wondering what happened

Let’s just say he posts relentlessly.

How on earth did that happen?

Hahaha, that's the thing that surprised me, that status is the result of the user requesting the account be closed down.

I was doing a "drive-by" on the forum feedback area, it's usually a bit of a chuckle, there was a recent post about the block/reaction issue (you still see reactions from blocked users), and I just read up the thread and RP had a quoted post where the original post was that cancelled user. The guy with 15,000 posts a year, the guy who's up in everybody's business, the all knowing, all powerful, the loved-by-moderators, a user who's ego was stroked by posting over there, really decided to leave[?]

The mind boggles :D

More concerning, where will I get my workout tips, delicious looking recipes? How will I know about the latest car and pool care products? What will I do about my investment strategies, Apple product purchasing decisions? :ROFLMAO:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
So MR is going woke and cancelling members now?

When will this end?

🤣

Is there a difference between “cancelled” and “banned”/“suspended”- the latter two suggesting admins forced the closure of his account… cancelled potentially suggesting he voluntarily resigned?

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, that's the thing that surprised me, that status is the result of the user requesting the account be closed down.

I was doing a "drive-by" on the forum feedback area, it's usually a bit of a chuckle, there was a recent post about the block/reaction issue (you still see reactions from blocked users), and I just read up the thread and RP had a quoted post where the original post was that cancelled user. The guy with 15,000 posts a year, the guy who's up in everybody's business, the all knowing, all powerful, the loved-by-moderators, a user who's ego was stroked by posting over there, really decided to leave[?]

The mind boggles :D

More concerning, where will I get my workout tips, delicious looking recipes? How will I know about the latest car and pool care products? What will I do about my investment strategies, Apple product purchasing decisions? :ROFLMAO:

Ahh, you’ve answered my question while I was typing it.

Maybe he realized he has a digital addiction and his police chief told him he either needs to get it under control and actually do his job or resign.

Most importantly, where does one get THE definitive diet advice?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Could be that somewhere there's a chance of someone found out (or was a chance of) who he was, this is why it is always the right of a user to disassociate from their site identity, as we do per policy. Board owners should all be GDPR compliant (which MR has always been good about) because people need to feel like their privacy and identity are protected.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Could be that somewhere there's a chance of someone found out (or was a chance of) who he was, this is why it is always the right of a user to disassociate from their site identity, as we do per policy. Board owners should all be GDPR compliant (which MR has always been good about) because people need to feel like their privacy and identity are protected.

So it WAS Steve Case all along. always wondered. :ROFLMAO:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Is there a difference between “cancelled” and “banned”/“suspended”- the latter two suggesting admins forced the closure of his account… cancelled potentially suggesting he voluntarily resigned?
As far as I am aware, "cancelled" means that you have chosen to close your own account and have thus requested that the staff facilitate your request by closing your account, whereas "suspended" or "banned" means that the staff of the site in question have banned you.

Last edited:

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
well this is an interesting thread. not going to catch up on all 297 pages, but who knew the kinds of stuff you all discuss here.

bunnspecial

Site Champ
Reaction score
Welp, good riddance is all I can say.

I'd be interested to know what happened. I have to admit that one of the things he always did that bothered me was how fiercely protective he was of his own identity(even though I think didn't you find one of his cars for sale at one point, @DT ?) but was free to always share what he knew or thought he knew about other forum members. Did he infact "dox" himself and need to make a run for it? Whatever the case, I never saw him contribute much of any value to any discussion and instead was content to stifle it if he didn't like the way things were going.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Welp, good riddance is all I can say.

I'd be interested to know what happened. I have to admit that one of the things he always did that bothered me was how fiercely protective he was of his own identity(even though I think didn't you find one of his cars for sale at one point, @DT ?) but was free to always share what he knew or thought he knew about other forum members. Did he infact "dox" himself and need to make a run for it? Whatever the case, I never saw him contribute much of any value to any discussion and instead was content to stifle it if he didn't like the way things were going.
His comments were downright rude at times. He ruined the car thread over there for example. I put him on ignore after he told me I was too stupid to understand how EV’s work.
Could never understand how he never had any issues with the mods.

Here I’m lying in bed at 29 degrees. My fan is not cutting it. So glad this extreme heat will be over tomorrow.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh man, hot sleeping is the worst, especially since we use a ton of covers/comforters/blankets, you know, to keep the monsters from getting us.

At night we set the AC to ICE AGE. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom
1 2