What are you doing today?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Oh man, hot sleeping is the worst, especially since we use a ton of covers/comforters/blankets, you know, to keep the monsters from getting us.

At night we set the AC to ICE AGE. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I have a cold-start kit on my A/C so I can run it all year round. But we just got new windows, so opening one a crack will be easier this winter.

One year for Christmas, my mom ordered us a custom comforter. One side (not mine ;)) had like 20-25% more down than the other side. Wife is used to it now and sometimes I will get up and SHE has kicked the air down. Probably because we can't run the ceiling fan anymore because the 22lb cat is afraid of it and hides under the bed (although it will get turned on if the two of them are making too much noise fight and ripping and the fan stops it. ).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy shit, the weather is off the chain around here, we were down at our local pizza joint, got done, like "umm, let's drink up, pay, get out of here ...", ran for it, the rain barely caught us, but goddam, the lightning is nuts, it's rattling the house!

Ever seen the Spielberg War of the Worlds? Black clouds, purple skies, aliens riding down the lighting? I'm pretty much ready for the tripods to rise out of ground ...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Herdfan

The wife's folks didn't have AC up in Pittsburg, we would go up at pretty strategic times, avoiding the heat, in winter, they had an electric furnace, so it was pretty nice.

When the little G arrived, we of course took her up to the Grandparents, poor thing, we went up one summer, they were running fans, but I woke up, miserable in the middle of the night, our baby was hot, so I said f*** this, talked to the BIL, for Christmas (though it was a bit later), we paid for a full AC install, present to them, a present to us :D

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
@Herdfan

The wife's folks didn't have AC up in Pittsburg, we would go up at pretty strategic times, avoiding the heat, in winter, they had an electric furnace, so it was pretty nice.

When the little G arrived, we of course took her up to the Grandparents, poor thing, we went up one summer, they were running fans, but I woke up, miserable in the middle of the night, our baby was hot, so I said f*** this, talked to the BIL, for Christmas (though it was a bit later), we paid for a full AC install, present to them, a present to us :D

Plenty of people in the highland areas (Beckley, Oak Hill, Summersville) don't have A/C. They say there is always a breeze. Ha! No thanks.

That was very nice of you. I had a window A/C at the MIL's old house that we used in our bedroom when we stayed there. She had a weird house. You could open the window in the middle of winter (Indianapolis, so cold), but cold air wouldn't come in. We had to pull it in with a fan. I think it was her cheap ass cookie cutter tract house that didn't have return air vents in each room or vented doors, so the cold air couldn't come in because there was no room for it.

Now that she moved, we stay in a hotel.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
His comments were downright rude at times. He ruined the car thread over there for example. I put him on ignore after he told me I was too stupid to understand how EV’s work.
Could never understand how he never had any issues with the mods.

Here I’m lying in bed at 29 degrees. My fan is not cutting it. So glad this extreme heat will be over tomorrow.

Yeah I would say he ruined the car thread and pretty much the entirety of the community section.

I don’t think I’ve ever banned anyone, even with people I totally disagree with and even often those who are not able to have a civilized discussion. I think being able to express topics for conflicting viewpoints is what adds value to discussion. But he is the one of the closest I’ve come to hitting ignore- not because of his views or attitude, but rather because he was like a spam bot. Countless, often uniformed posts (I think one time I did the math and it was near 20), and whenever I or most others challenged his ideas with a well reasoned argument he would just ignore the points and continue along the same lines.

Welp, good riddance is all I can say.

I'd be interested to know what happened. I have to admit that one of the things he always did that bothered me was how fiercely protective he was of his own identity(even though I think didn't you find one of his cars for sale at one point, @DT ?) but was free to always share what he knew or thought he knew about other forum members. Did he infact "dox" himself and need to make a run for it? Whatever the case, I never saw him contribute much of any value to any discussion and instead was content to stifle it if he didn't like the way things were going.

Bunn, good to see you my friend. I too am curious. I’m surprised you of all people don’t have the inside scoop.

One thing that always baffled me was how he claimed to be a cop but seemed to have little insight into being one. At least on one occasion I specifically asked him (in a discussion he was involved in) about something related to police protocol or training or something, and of course nada in the relevant response department.

I’m also curious how he afforded to buy a new car every five minutes. Maybe he’s a cop that just racks up endless hours of OT doing traffic duty while living at home. Or a decent inheretence to blow on a fleet of relatively mediocre cars. At one point he started claiming his wife is a cardiologist, not to say a cop-physician relationship isn’t possible but usually women seek men with at least similar or better education levels and/or incomes. Not to says it’s not possible. And Most people I know well into the 6 figure range, my wife and I included, don’t seem to spend the our money the way he chooses. I recall a car picture with his house in the background that didn’t exactly scream $300k+/yr cardiologist salary- more like a dated early 90’s solid middle class cookie cutter home with dirty, tacky vinyl siding. And I assume he’s not living in a place like Greenwich, Connecticut where a house like that is $1.5m+.

So many questions. So few answers. I’m perfectly fine moving on.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yeah I would say he ruined the car thread and pretty much the entirety of the community section.

I don’t think I’ve ever banned anyone, even with people I totally disagree with and even often those who are not able to have a civilized discussion. I think being able to express topics for conflicting viewpoints is what adds value to discussion. But he is the one of the closest I’ve come to hitting ignore- not because of his views or attitude, but rather because he was like a spam bot. Countless, often uniformed posts (I think one time I did the math and it was near 20), and whenever I or most others challenged his ideas with a well reasoned argument he would just ignore the points and continue along the same lines.

Bunn, good to see you my friend. I too am curious. I’m surprised you of all people don’t have the inside scoop.

One thing that always baffled me was how he claimed to be a cop but seemed to have little insight into being one. At least on one occasion I specifically asked him (in a discussion he was involved in) about something related to police protocol or training or something, and of course nada in the relevant response department.

I’m also curious how he afforded to buy a new car every five minutes. Maybe he’s a cop that just racks up endless hours of OT doing traffic duty while living at home. Or a decent inheretence to blow on a fleet of relatively mediocre cars. At one point he started claiming his wife is a cardiologist, not to say a cop-physician relationship isn’t possible but usually women seek men with at least similar or better education levels and/or incomes. Not to says it’s not possible. And Most people I know well into the 6 figure range, my wife and I included, don’t seem to spend the our money the way he chooses. I recall a car picture with his house in the background that didn’t exactly scream $300k+/yr cardiologist salary- more like a dated early 90’s solid middle class cookie cutter home with dirty, tacky vinyl siding. And I assume he’s not living in a place like Greenwich, Connecticut where a house like that is $1.5m+.

So many questions. So few answers. I’m perfectly fine moving on.
Just an aside, or comment, or observation, on women (especially modern women with a good education, income, professional status) seeking "at least similar or better education levels" as (their) partners.

Yes and no.

It just so happens (circumstances, choices, intellectual interests, preferences, including political preferences - whatever about my male friends, none of my female friends are 'conservative') that my closest female friends - my own personal social circle (which is anecdotal, not definitive, I know) are all women who are either Ph.Ds or medical doctors.

Yes, some have married men of an equivalent social status, but, a surprising number - possibly because the woman would be regarded as the person in the partnership with the "higher", usually permanent, or more regular, income, - have not, and these are all happy, solid and stable relationships, with mutual respect a feature of these relationships; perhaps, this is a situation that may be more prevalent in Europe.

Re RP, I don't care what he chose to spend his purported income on, - that is his business - or what that may have said about him within the social and cultural constraints and understanding of society in the US.

However, his uninformed and judgmental and intrusive presence on threads was a source of persistent annoyance to virtually everyone else, and that was what I deeply disliked about his online persona.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, remember who I said was who way back when? Imagine that, they're back, after that other thing :D Honestly, I've said all I'm going to, this isn't that other place, I'm here to hang out and enjoy :)

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well, remember who I said was who way back when? Imagine that, they're back, after that other thing :D Honestly, I've said all I'm going to, this isn't that other place, I'm here to hang out and enjoy :)
No, to be quite honest, I don't know "who (you said) was who".

I daresay that those who can decipher this code know to whom you refer, but, unfortunately, the rest of us must continue to remain in a state of benighted and blessed ignorance.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I think I just worked out what RP did for a living. Valet parking attendant.
That’s where he took all the pictures of the cars!

Talking of cars I passed a garage on my lunchtime walk. It’s the sort of rough and ready place you’d only take cars that were not much better than junkers.
Really surprised to see a relatively newish Porsche being worked on there.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Welp, good riddance is all I can say.

I'd be interested to know what happened. I have to admit that one of the things he always did that bothered me was how fiercely protective he was of his own identity(even though I think didn't you find one of his cars for sale at one point, @DT ?) but was free to always share what he knew or thought he knew about other forum members. Did he infact "dox" himself and need to make a run for it? Whatever the case, I never saw him contribute much of any value to any discussion and instead was content to stifle it if he didn't like the way things were going.

That was something that crossed my mind too. I clashed with him occasionally there but nothing too serious. I always got a bit of a bad vibe though in regards to his sometimes unnecessary bragging about his car collection and immense disposable income. Often wondered whether it was true or not. I do remember a guy from a totally different forum discussing cars who was found out for living an online persona that was far from reality. He took photo’s of cars and items that didn’t belong to him but pretended they did. Back then a reverse image search caught him out but I kind of felt sorry for him. It takes all sorts though lol.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Well I never really ran into him at the other place, but he’s a member here and here everyone gets a fresh start.

If he is, then absolutely [emoji1303]
Are you sure though? He openly said he had no interest in ever checking this place out. Maybe I’ve missed his presence here though. Whatever though, it’s a more friendly environment here and we don’t have to be scared to share our opinions.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well I never really ran into him at the other place, but he’s a member here and here everyone gets a fresh start.
Okay, a fresh start is one thing (and yes, cue applause).

However: And this very matter was discussed on these threads at the time as @Eric, @Alli and others may well recall.

If he has indeed become a member of TA, I will request that mods here (yes, I know full well that the site is supposed to be lightly moderated and all of that) come down very hard on any irresponsible and outrageous nonsense such as the (former) RP pulled on MR when he announced the death of Zenithal (who, of course, and needless to say, hadn't actually died, as I discovered when he - that is, Zenithal - subsequently PMed me) and failed to either apologise, or clarify what he had written, or substantiate what he had written or withdraw what he had written, and where the mods on MR - quite disgracefully, to my mind - failed, or refused, to take any action.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2