What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
ABC run, couldn't believe the pumpkin beers were already making an appearance: Kentucky Bourbon Pumpkin (pass), Great'er Pumpkin (kind of interesting, but passed), then they had these two faves from Southern Tier (who can pretty much do no wrong):

68209446166__C01A63AA-D7F1-4EF6-ABE0-296BFC27B246_1920.jpg

Too early, but couldn't pass on at least one 4-pack of Pumking, it'll say in the beer fridge, untouched till September.

Got this ultra clear case in for the little G's new M2 MBA, looks great, fits really well, shows off the beautiful Starlight color :)

IMG_1793_1920.jpg

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
A late friend built my site's blogging portion for me. Haven't touched the code since. And it's been dormant for about a dozen years. I keep thinking about nuking the site and saving the hosting fee.

I've been contemplating the same thing.

At one time, around 15 years ago, I had a blog that focused on urban photography and making photographs, usually of people on the street and different photography projects I worked on. Blogs kind of died out with social media coming on strong in the late 2000s. So that morphed into galleries of curated sets of photographs in different categories.

Last time I touched my site was six years ago. I think it's time to get rid of it and save the ever increasing hosting fees.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought it was YouWIllObeyGoddessAlli.com ...

o_O
Now why didn’t I ever think of that?!
Oh, i urge you to not go to a chiropractor. It’s a scam. Go to an actual doctor.
I disagree as well. Years ago I was in an automobile accident (sandwiched between two cars who evidently didn’t know how to brake soon enough) and hurt my neck. Then husband insisted I go to a doctor, who had me in twice a week for hot moist towels. A friend then recommended a chiropractor. The chiro was disturbed by the pain I was still in and sent me for a scan where they discovered a herniation at C3-4. That required a lot of treatment, and I stuck with the chiro.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Now why didn’t I ever think of that?!

I disagree as well. Years ago I was in an automobile accident (sandwiched between two cars who evidently didn’t know how to brake soon enough) and hurt my neck. Then husband insisted I go to a doctor, who had me in twice a week for hot moist towels. A friend then recommended a chiropractor. The chiro was disturbed by the pain I was still in and sent me for a scan where they discovered a herniation at C3-4. That required a lot of treatment, and I stuck with the chiro.
There are some bad ones around, but you can say the same for Dr's (not that I ever go see one). My chiropractor is very good and I trust her.
Anyway the neck is on the mend. Not 100% yet but a lot more movement and a lot less pain than I had.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
this was from yesterday, it was a charity ride where we get tor ride 8 or nine bridges they are closed to traffic and some are car only. the highest is car only and its a blast to ride on and I got to cost down at 30 on our tandem.
here is the rear view camera video. I had to remove the sound as my wife's speaker was playing musician I got a copyright infringement notice from YouTube.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I've been contemplating the same thing.

At one time, around 15 years ago, I had a blog that focused on urban photography and making photographs, usually of people on the street and different photography projects I worked on. Blogs kind of died out with social media coming on strong in the late 2000s. So that morphed into galleries of curated sets of photographs in different categories.

Last time I touched my site was six years ago. I think it's time to get rid of it and save the ever increasing hosting fees.

Makes sense of course.... but one can't help thinking of the occasional disappointment from "link rot" when fans have stashed a bookmark to something they saw and liked. I had a folder of bookmarks once for blogs and such that I rarely visited but liked to prowl around for updates in now and then. Sometimes when the link fails, I can find a successor site again elsewhere, but sometimes they're just gone. I remind myself not to be such a pack-rat, and also that it's a good thing those bookmarks aren't the equivalent in newspaper clippings!

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Today I’ll put some finishing touches on my Stream Deck controller. I’ve been working on it for awhile - on and off. I programmed it so I can quickly change views that my flight simulator software shows on the three displays.

Usually that’s handled by keyboard hot-key commands; which can get a little stressful remembering the correct keys to press while flying.

What’s shown is a subset of available view commands I’ve set up. I’m intentionally leaving some out in order to have logical groupings spaced out for easier access. What’s nice is the 16 keys can be paged with forward/back buttons for expandability.

So far it’s working really nice. There’s a ton of flexibility in that I can show the plane I’m flying with different views, whether it’s on the ground, in the air, looking out the cockpit (with or without instrumentation), with as much environmental context as I want. Sure beats messing around with keyboard presses.

Attachments

• Stream Deck X-Plane.jpg
    Stream Deck X-Plane.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 13

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Took the long-hair in for his second haircut today. He looks so good with a fresh cut! Swam while hubby conferred with Roto-Rooter guy. Zoom this afternoon to help someone about to start her data collection. This evening I’ll FaceTime with Mum and offspring. Hopefully my son is recovering nicely from the Covid he brought back from Malta.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Keeping the cat occupied and trying to get work done while the contractors work on the HVAC system. Electrician doing the HVAC work will also install an EVSE for the house for the future EV I'm in the reservation queue for.

The Clipper Creek unit I got is bigger in person than I expected for the 40A unit, could have probably gotten away with a 32A unit thinking on it. Oh well.

Top Bottom
1 2