What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well I got the shingles shot this afternoon and sonofabitch it hurts!

Sympathies; however, shingles (and I have contracted this condition) is far worse than a shot for shingles; I was on sick leave for six weeks (the first period of sick leave I had to take in around 20 years, other than an occasional day off for a flu or cold, or a migraine) when I fell ill with shingles sixteen years ago.

Almost forgot to put the bins out, today, but awoke with a nagging feeling that there was "something" I needed to do this morning; hailstones, here....brrrr.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Had shingles senior year of high school. Trust the shot's pain is a pinprick compared it :confused:

Sympathies; however, shingles (and I have contracted this condition) is far worse than a shot for shingles; I was on sick leave for six weeks (the first period of sick leave I had to take in around 20 years, other than an occasional day off for a flu or cold, or a migraine) when I fell ill with shingles sixteen years ago.

My sympathies to you both. One of our best friends suffered from shingles about ten years ago. I cannot forget his agony. This is why I told my husband we were getting this shot even if we had to pay out of pocket. As it turned out, insurance covered mine, but supplemental Medicare did not cover his. (This is why I still marvel at the people who believe a Covid vaccination will somehow be free to everyone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My sympathies to you both. One of our best friends suffered from shingles about ten years ago. I cannot forget his agony. This is why I told my husband we were getting this shot even if we had to pay out of pocket. As it turned out, insurance covered mine, but supplemental Medicare did not cover his. (This is why I still marvel at the people who believe a Covid vaccination will somehow be free to everyone.)

Actually, it was an insane itch - that weird place where an itch is on the border of becoming sore - that I had rather than pure agony, on a full half of the rear of my body, starting from the spine and working around; that, and a complete loss of appetite, utter exhaustion.

Plus, it is extraordinarily contagious for the first few days.

Seriously, the US needs to sort out the issue of the provision of public health; it is bad enough ordinarily, but during a pandemic, such a failure it becomes a serious threat to the health of everyone else.

The bins have been emptied, and have been replaced in their respective niches, outside, hailstones (and accompanying horrid charcoal skies) are lashing against the window, and earlier, I attended an online meeting, where we were informed that Mr Trump (I refuse to dignify that man's name with his title) has not attended a meeting of the federal Covid task force in over five months, - and is ignoring Covid, leaving it to individual states - which strikes me as an appalling dereliction of duty, and extraordinarily irresponsible.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Actually, it was an insane itch - that weird place where an itch is on the border of becoming sore - that I had rather than pure agony, on a full half of the rear of my body, starting from the spine and working around; that, and a complete loss of appetite, utter exhaustion.

Plus, it is extraordinarily contagious for the first few days.

Seriously, the US needs to sort of the issue of the provision of public health; it is bad enough ordinarily, but during a pandemic, such a failure it becomes a serious threat to the health of everyone else.

The bins have been emptied, and have been replaced in their respective niches, outside, hailstones (and accompanying horrid charcoal skies) are lashing against the window, and earlier, I attended an online meeting, where we were informed that Mr Trump (I refuse to dignify that man's name with his title) has not attended a meeting of the federal Covid task force in over five months, - and is ignoring Covid, leaving it to individual states - which strikes me as an appalling dereliction of duty, and extraordinarily irresponsible.
Agreed. Especially as he’s in the highest risk category based on age.
Miserable here too. Managed to get a lunchtime walk in in between showers.

Dinner is done. Washing up awaits. Most of it should go in the dishwasher though.
Some work to do later. Busy day just for a change.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Getting a cardiac stress test. 🙁

The very best of luck with it.

On the way over here I heard a radio commercial for wine in a can.

That just sounds so wrong.
What a grotesque concept.

To be quite candid, I don't even like beer in a can - I far prefer bottles - but the idea of wine in a can sounds perfectly horrible.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The very best of luck with it.
Thank you...but I don’t know if I ran it long enough to be meaningful. I ran out of breath and they stopped it. 🙁

What a grotesque concept.

To be quite candid, I don't even like beer in a can - I far prefer bottles - but the idea of wine in a can sounds perfectly horrible.
Consider the audience. It was branded and aimed at football fans. You know, like Bud.

I know that’s not the same thing as wine, but once they started selling wine in a box, it was only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thank you...but I don’t know if I ran it long enough to be meaningful. I ran out of breath and they stopped it. 🙁

Consider the audience. It was branded and aimed at football fans. You know, like Bud.

I know that’s not the same thing as wine, but I nce they started selling wine in a box, it was only a matter of time.

Ugh, Bud.

An awful beverage.

As for wine in cans,......football fans be damned (and I am a football - i.e. soccer - fan myself); I prefer bottles, and an actual glass, for both beer and wine.

So, still an abomination.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Puttered around today, having done laundry and such yesterday, and experimented with something new as a photo prop/backdrop/etc..... In a little while, out to the kiosk mailbox to get yesterday's and today's mail....

I prefer beer in bottles, too, but I have to say cans are more convenient in some situations.

Yes, we in the US -- or at least those of us who read the Washington Post have been seeing reports of the man in the White House refusing to concede the election and fighting (futilely) for a job that he also doesn't seem to care to actually put any effort into doing.....and, yes, he's been blithely ignoring COVID-19 and other public health issues. Counting down the days until January 20th......

My brother-in-law had Shingles a few years ago -- right in the area above his right eye and he was miserable with it. Took a while to recover, too. Not a fun disease!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Some of the best beer on the planet is distributed in cans (and only cans). Of course, like someone pointed out, that's just a container, it's meant to be poured into a glass :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Grocery, early, it was thankfully quiet - only one hill-billy halfwit without a mask, pushing her three ugly kids around in a cart.

Tons of good BOGO, BTGO deals. Glad I skipped beer at the liquor store, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on sale, $15.99/12-pack (bottled ... FUG ... :D)

Drank one for lunch, it's kind of an odd day, BIL stopping by on his way to New Smyrna (from PA), JB is making her stellar homemade M&C, and we're doing a hotdog bar, it's pretty fun, we get some good buns, good dogs (Sabrett), and setup a huge line of different topics, condiments, usually do a 1/2-at-a-time for more variation. It's simple, cheap, delicious, fun.

He's super cautious, isolates for days at a time to confirm any issues, tests, masks, etc.

I'm working on moving some new code over to a different project, good cross-pollination of design patterns/techniques.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
So far I haven't accomplished very much today except emailing/texting back-and-forth with a friend in between reading and writing forum posts. Ah, but the day is still young......

I definitely prefer my beer and wine to be served in a glass, thank you very much! Even as a kid I also didn't like drinking juice, Coke or Pepsi out of a can or bottle, either, always requested a glass if it were not provided.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Cleaning the dining room which has been a defacto storage area since consolidating the contents of a 3200sf house with a basement, into a 2500sf house with no basement. I’m working hard to convince my wife that the house is 95% full and that moving stuff from one room to another just shifts the clutter around. Something has to go! I am also not proud of my office which is more storage than not. That will be my next cleaning disposal project.

E5DCAF06-296A-438D-9F15-E47DB6FEEE06.jpeg
Most of the clutter removed​

Top Bottom
1 2