What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I received the flu jab today, and ran around, paying a few bills, purchasing some beer (the shop owner later delivered beer to my door), picking up organic, free range eggs that had been left for me in the cheesemonger's, plus purchasing cheese, pasta, paté, and fresh French bread in the French bakery.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Helps if you eat more.

My actual text messages to the wife this morning ...

1606496801965.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Christmas decorations! WooOOoo! Well, I assisted in retrieving them from the attic storage area, but they're being deployed by the wife. I mowed, now beer, cheese, some football, and I'm actually working on some code. As usual. As always :D

3rd day Thanksgiving leftovers are in the form of casserole, basically all the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, hahaha, some corn, the glorious gravy, get layered in a dish, with cheese and baked :D

The turkey was spectacular, these fresh Butterball are terrific. I like to toss the drumsticks into the air fryer, which I might do tomorrow for lunch.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Why are so many people putting up Christmas decorations so early? Good grief, it's still November and people are buying and setting up their tree and putting lights on the exterior of their house and decorations on the lawn.... I've even seen decorations up well before Thanksgiving. Sheesh!!! Actually, the part about putting up lights on the outside of the house I can understand, as the weather over the past couple of weeks has been much more conducive to that kind of activity than it will be in even a couple of weeks into December, so that does make some kind of sense, I suppose.....

The tree thing, though.....If people have already bought and set up a real tree in the house, keeping it there for well over a month, even if they provide water to it assiduously, still, that poor thing will be so dried out.... Artificial trees are something else again, of course.

OK, moving on from that...... Did some catching-up with photo stuff today, plus am still doing some rearranging of photo files between archival external drives so it won't be quite as cumbersome and lengthy a process when we do turn the last page over in 2020, saying goodbye to it, and head into 2021.

Also learned today that I placed second in the MR weekly photo competition -- yay, not first place, so I don't have to worry about setting up a new competition this coming week and judging it! The topic was right up my alley, exactly the kind of thing I love to shoot. Unfortunately some people didn't quite seem to grasp the creative possibilities inherent in the topic, especially if it is not the sort of photographic opportunity they usually seek out.

This evening I found out that as of some time tomorrow one of my abstract photos will be appearing on the front page/home page of Nikon Cafe, which will be the first time I've experienced that honor. There are some absolutely amazing images shared on Nikon Cafe and especially on the home page, so I'm thrilled to be in that very good company. And, for anyone who is thinking, "but she doesn't shoot with Nikon, she shoots with Sony now!" the Cafe for years, in spite of the name, has welcomed anyone who shoots with anything, especially in more recent years as more and more people have made switches to mirrorless from DSLR or have added another brand's mirrorless system as an adjunct to their Nikon DSLR system, etc. Of course the majority of members still are shooting with Nikon or at least when they joined were shooting with Nikon.

Supposed to be a rainy, dreary day all day tomorrow, so that'll be a good time to continue with my current projects and hang out some more here at home....

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I chose a new dentist when I got a new dental plan. I based the choice on the fact that I can walk there in 10 minutes. Good choice. Nice staff. He didn’t try to give me a root canal right off the bat.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Had to run to t-Mobile because one of the phones put in our new family plan wasn't ported properly. Finally convinced the family to save $75+ month for superior service. And we'll probably get $200-300 in e-giftcards as a result with a higher tier Netflix account.

On the way back got socked from head-to-toe as the rain intensified on the way home. Cancelled afternoon power walk. After setting up my old MBA for my father in-law to use for his kaput beige box, we are settling in for an early (for us) dinner and binge watching.

Finally watching Jingle Jangle with Forrest Whitaker, some British Bakeoff episodes and maybe Small Axe with John Boyega. I like rain, but today's is meh!

U

User.45

Had to run to t-Mobile because one of the phones put in our new family plan wasn't ported properly. Finally convinced the family to save $75+ month for superior service. And we'll probably get $200-300 in e-giftcards as a result with a higher tier Netflix account.
I like t-Mo a lot, because it's compatible with the European networks and I get slow, but free 3G and unlimited text in Europe.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Oh, today started with a bang--I slept right through my alarm, which I never do. I had to skip the shower and shave, dress quickly, run out the door and grab breakfast on the way.

Boy, was I glad I'd plowed the driveway the night before, instead of doing it in the morning before work as I sometimes do in the winter.

Top Bottom
1 2