What are you doing today?

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Finally got my gear organized. It used to just be a big pile on the floor of my room. :)

IMG_4528.gif

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I don't mind it really.... except for hanging laundry out in very early spring in a year when I'm pretty sure the line should be replaced. There's nothing like pinning up a load of dishtowels or bed linens only to have them dumped into mud season in the veggie garden space over which the line is strung.

A bad windstorm solved that problem ahead of time for me and caused a line compressor to break the line in a worn place last autumn. Saw it draped across garden and tangled in a honeysuckle bush next morning. Ugh! Hauled that in and stashed it in the trash and made a note to round up two other people to help me install a new line in spring.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I like my laundry done for me. Fortunately Mrs AFB doesn’t mind doing it!

I like my laundry done for me, too, but since my mother died, and the carer left to work in pastures new, - and her replacement, who did some weekly housework for me - hasn't left her house, the house where she lives & cares for an elderly lady since last March (on account of Covid), thus, these days, I have had to do it myself.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Not a big deal, laundry: I just sort out the whites and the colors from each other and start the machine filling up with water, adding a "pod" of detergent, then toss the clothing in and let her rip..... While I'm doing something else more interesting. When the washing machine indicates that it has finished its tasks, then I toss everything into the dryer while starting the water going in the washer for the next load.... When I'm doing bed linens I strip the bed and immediately put on a fresh set of sheets, pillow case, etc., and then the other items are ready to go into the washing machine and dryer whenever its their turn.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Redid the power strip under my desk, so I could more easily charge everything. I got a new dual-monitor setup, and I'd run out of plugs, and was charging cameras in the kitchen to my wife's chagrin.

Now, the spot under my desk looks like a highway construction project, as each Nikon MH-25 charger has a yellow blinking light and there's a half-dozen charging up under there. Also, a GoPro and LumeCube have their own lights.

In addition, I sanded down the butcher's block for my kitchen island today. It was starting to look worn and gross, and I decided to pop it off and give it a nice sanding down, and then oil. Once this coat dries, I'll do it a few more times and then seal it.

Finally, I packed away last year's notebooks. I'm always amazed at how many reporter's notebooks and legal pads I burn through in a given year.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Wash done, and washing machine emptied; driveway and access to the house salted; a cup of coffee to hand, and French homework underway.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
A damp morning here, with wet spots around on the sidewalks and parking lot where rain fell during the night again...... I'll take rain any day over snow and ice!

This afternoon it's off to the library to return a couple of books, one which is actually due today and the other which I finished last night. Don't really need anything at the grocery store so will skip that today, for a change. Still working on my backups and archival drives, too, but at the rate I'm going it'll be another couple of days before I'm ready for a trip to the bank and safe deposit box.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Wash done, and washing machine emptied; driveway and access to the house salted; a cup of coffee to hand, and French homework underway.
You have been busy. The ice and snow has more or less gone here as well.

Washing up done. When the bed sheets are finished drying still have the bed to make.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
You have been busy. The ice and snow has more or less gone here as well.

Washing up done. When the bed sheets are finished drying still have the bed to make.

Had my French class, and did a small spot of revision (for twenty minutes) when it ended.
Prepared a mug of Ethiopian coffee during the break in the French class, and I could see that I wasn't the only person sipping from a mug.

Today's was a dark wash; I'll leave the bedlinen until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Had my French class, and did a small spot of revision (for twenty minutes) when it ended.
Prepared a mug of Ethiopian coffee during the break in the French class, and I could see that I wasn't the only person sipping from a mug.

Today's was a dark wash; I'll leave the bedlinen until tomorrow or Wednesday.
How is the french coming along? Are you happy with your progress. My boss always reads French magazines we get at work to practise. Maybe you could get some French newspapers online or something? I'd love to learn another language, but I just have no aptitude for it. I struggle enough with English!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
How is the french coming along? Are you happy with your progress. My boss always reads French magazines we get at work to practise. Maybe you could get some French newspapers online or something? I'd love to learn another language, but I just have no aptitude for it. I struggle enough with English!

My French class is coming along well, and I am quite happy with my progress; however, as is always the case, one kicks oneself after a holiday, and needs serious revision (which I spent a few hours on earlier today) to even begin to get back to some sort of speed.

While my vocabulary was always pretty good, I never paid as much attention (at school) to grammar as I should have, which means mastering - or, attempting to master - grammar, or learn grammar properly now; the language has also changed - as all languages do - since I was at school, and seems to have become a bit more informal, or to put more emphasis on informality, at least in speech.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My French class is coming along well, and I am quite happy with my progress; however, as is always the case, one kicks oneself after a holiday, and needs serious revision (which I spent a few hours on earlier today) to even begin to get back to some sort of speed.

While my vocabulary was always pretty good, I never paid as much attention (at school) to grammar as I should have, which means mastering - or, attempting to master - grammar, or learn grammar properly now; the language has also changed - as all languages do - since I was at school, and seems to have become a bit more informal, or to put more emphasis on informality, at least in speech.
Glad it’s going well.
Here my electric blanket is on. The bed is lovely and warm.
Sleep well all.

Top Bottom
1 2