What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
DPD? i find they hit the window the most accurately.

Yes, DPD.

They gave me a window of an hour, and were there precisely five minutes after the window opened.

I subsequently emailed the coffee company to thank them, and let them know that everything had arrived & I was pretty pleased; excellent service.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I live in basically three outfits. By the time the third is ready to go in the wash, Mrs AFB has cleaned the first and its back on the top of the pile. So guess which one I wear? The one on top of the pile!

Yeah, my basic uniform is black T, shorts ... is it cold? Add a hoodie :D I have like 30 black Ts, I'm wearing one right now! And shorts! 🤪 Back before the dark days, if I had to do any kind of FTF client engagement, I'd just swap the shorts for jeans and toss on a sports coat :D

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm having an awesome day. Working and watching a twitter feed, anticipating the moment when this country returns to decency and reason, while also keeping an ear out for the FedEx driver who will deliver PS5 today.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is a fun one. after my bind wife ( she has a rare genetic eye condition) she went through weeks of testing her eye sight we are taking 8 hour days of mazes and such for weeks and all kinds of genetic testing and having her parents tested and on and on. the treatment has only been used twice before and she will be the third and there are three levels of treatment and she is the first to have the higher level. it all got put off because of covid. they wanted her small cataracts taken care of first so she got one eye done but then all the shit hit the fan.

well they called out of the blue a few weeks ago and it is back on. More day long tests and lots of medical tests and yesterday the covid test. today the last doctors appointment,. I will meet her there for it. We wont be able to go riding for a little while afterwards so we were going to ride this morning but she was tired and it was 28 degrees at 7 am.

the surgery is sometime tomorrow (she still does not know what time) it is some kind of surgery and the use of crispr I guess another program fro her genetic disease has no surgery involved.

so this is a bit crazy and it is going to be unknown how much it will help. it wont fully restore her sight though. with covid I don't think I can go back with her in recovery and I think they require her to stay flat for 4 hours. we will find out the details today.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
What am I doing today?

Watching Trump finally leave.

I confess I brimmed up with tears of joy when that fat arse helicopter lifted off.

Me too, me too.

I thought that this day would never come.

And President Biden - yes!! To be able to write that! - gave a decent, dignified, thoughtful, empathetic, intelligent and inclusive inaugural address.

I think that the fact that Mr Biden and VP Harris have been sworn in deserves to be marked with, acknowledged, and celebrated with, a bottle of wine.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Here is a fun one. after my bind wife ( she has a rare genetic eye condition) she went through weeks of testing her eye sight we are taking 8 hour days of mazes and such for weeks and all kinds of genetic testing and having her parents tested and on and on. the treatment has only been used twice before and she will be the third and there are three levels of treatment and she is the first to have the higher level. it all got put off because of covid. they wanted her small cataracts taken care of first so she got one eye done but then all the shit hit the fan.

well they called out of the blue a few weeks ago and it is back on. More day long tests and lots of medical tests and yesterday the covid test. today the last doctors appointment,. I will meet her there for it. We wont be able to go riding for a little while afterwards so we were going to ride this morning but she was tired and it was 28 degrees at 7 am.

the surgery is sometime tomorrow (she still does not know what time) it is some kind of surgery and the use of crispr I guess another program fro her genetic disease has no surgery involved.

so this is a bit crazy and it is going to be unknown how much it will help. it wont fully restore her sight though. with covid I don't think I can go back with her in recovery and I think they require her to stay flat for 4 hours. we will find out the details today.

The very best of luck with it.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The very best of luck with it.
its a bit crazy. she was going to be the first or second before covid hit. but she is the first with a higher level of treatment. I wont be able to be back there with her after so I may ride my bike there and run around. its only a couple miles from my shop. if she wont be able to leave for 4 hours I need something to keep me occupied. I cant keep myself awake in a waiting room for over 4 hours.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
In a rare act for me, I was pretty much glued to the television most of today and am feeling so good -- calm, peaceful, relaxed -- this evening. Overall, it was a cathartic day, a surprisingly emotional one and a start on the healing process this country so badly needs. Finally after four nightmare years we have a real president again! When early in the day they showed the orange man and his cardboard wife as they were leaving the DC area I walked out of the room and went to refill my coffee. When later on there was a split screen showing the current inaugural activities plus the has-beens' arrival in Florida I decided it was a good time for a bathroom break. Yeah, we're not quite done with him yet but I have the feeling that the second impeachment proceedings will move along much more swiftly and with a different conclusion than the first had.....and then we'll really be rid of that oaf for good.....

I hoisted a glass of Stella this evening in celebration of today's events -- ah, so good, all of it: the Stella AND the day's events! A new day has begun.......

Fooferdoggie, hope all goes well for your wife and the surgery and followup treatments!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
In a rare act for me, I was pretty much glued to the television most of today and am feeling so good -- calm, peaceful, relaxed -- this evening. Overall, it was a cathartic day, a surprisingly emotional one and a start on the healing process this country so badly needs. Finally after four nightmare years we have a real president again! When early in the day they showed the orange man and his cardboard wife as they were leaving the DC area I walked out of the room and went to refill my coffee. When later on there was a split screen showing the current inaugural activities plus the has-beens' arrival in Florida I decided it was a good time for a bathroom break. Yeah, we're not quite done with him yet but I have the feeling that the second impeachment proceedings will move along much more swiftly and with a different conclusion than the first had.....and then we'll really be rid of that oaf for good.....

I hoisted a glass of Stella this evening in celebration of today's events -- ah, so good, all of it: the Stella AND the day's events! A new day has begun.......

Fooferdoggie, hope all goes well for your wife and the surgery and followup treatments!

Oh, yes.

Today was a day to break out my best Belgian beers.

And the appalling and unspeakably awful Donald Trump and his perfectly ghastly wife were characteristically dreadful until the bitter end.

And what civilised, classy, decent, dignified, empathetic, experienced, sane, sensitive, intelligent, (and not corrupt) people - that entire quartet of the two couples who comprise the Presidential and vice-presidential pairs - have replaced them.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
It was definitely a day to remember for a long, long time: history being made in front of our eyes, the scenes of DC with the many blockades on familiar streets, the fencing surrounding many monuments and significant American sites, complete with razor-wired tops, the armed military and police everywhere, the odd absence of the usual crowds of people lining the streets and stacked in and around the Mall..... The actual inauguration, with its solemnity also laced with a spirit and sense of genuine joy and happiness, the realization that our four-year-long national nightmare has finally come to an end......

Although I normally watch these inaugurations, four years ago I did not except very briefly to watch and listen to Jackie Evancho sing the National Anthem because I'm a fan of hers. I shut the television immediately after that, not interested in seeing the Orange Man take the oath of office (an oath he certainly has violated in so many ways). This year, I watched everything from about 10:30 AM on throughout the day. Such a refreshing change in attitude and approach, and a needed one, and a huge contrast to what we all watched in horror two weeks ago occurring in the same location.

I still can't quite believe that now at last we are rid of that orange man, that he no longer holds the office that he never should have held in the first place, and that he's well and truly gone now......(except for the formalities of the Senate voting on impeaching him and stripping him of a few more privileges). Good riddance to him!!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
wife goes into surgery today. we got the details it is microscopic surgery where they take some fluid out of her eye replace it with saline then take some out be=hind her retina and replace it wet edited genes that will snip out the bad stuff and replace it with good. they used crispr. I cant imagine how much this would cost us if she had to pay. my wife is hoping this will hep children who have this genetic disorder so she will play guinea pig. it will take two weeks just got her sight to go back to normal but they will start testing her vision the next day. man they have given her so many 8 hour days of running maxes she can hardly see.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Using my new stand up desk, works great!

IMG_3008.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
It was definitely a day to remember for a long, long time: history being made in front of our eyes, the scenes of DC with the many blockades on familiar streets, the fencing surrounding many monuments and significant American sites, complete with razor-wired tops, the armed military and police everywhere, the odd absence of the usual crowds of people lining the streets and stacked in and around the Mall..... The actual inauguration, with its solemnity also laced with a spirit and sense of genuine joy and happiness, the realization that our four-year-long national nightmare has finally come to an end......

Although I normally watch these inaugurations, four years ago I did not except very briefly to watch and listen to Jackie Evancho sing the National Anthem because I'm a fan of hers. I shut the television immediately after that, not interested in seeing the Orange Man take the oath of office (an oath he certainly has violated in so many ways). This year, I watched everything from about 10:30 AM on throughout the day. Such a refreshing change in attitude and approach, and a needed one, and a huge contrast to what we all watched in horror two weeks ago occurring in the same location.

I still can't quite believe that now at last we are rid of that orange man, that he no longer holds the office that he never should have held in the first place, and that he's well and truly gone now......(except for the formalities of the Senate voting on impeaching him and stripping him of a few more privileges). Good riddance to him!!

Well said.

What a blessed relief, to have someone who is actually human, decent, empathetic, experienced, in that office.

Bedlinen chnaged, a wash put on (and emptied), organic milk collected, (as part of a small local shop - as I purchased butter, oranges, chicken stock, and sparkling water, as well).

Tomorrow, I shall buy some beer, but tonight, as I did not feel like cooking, I have ordered a calzone.

Top Bottom
1 2