Just got our dog the mark of the beast

C5610F6B-9824-4B39-9B93-DA22FAE831A3.jpeg
493AD19A-1011-4362-8497-FB1A1DB302AE.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was supposed to be going to the optometrist today. But since I’m always early for everything I went yesterday. 🙄 They were very nice and got me in anyway. The optometrist told me I would not be needing a new prescription because I needed cataract surgery. I’m probably one of the few people in the world that are thrilled to get that news. No more glasses! Can’t wait.

We also (finally) got a contract on our old house. So with any luck we’ll have a closing date soon and will be able to get rid of power, water, and insurance payments. Woot!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Got my first ever AirTag low battery warning yesterday so naturally I seized the opportunity to take my new Series 8 watch for a walk. Also picked up some bread from the bakery, similar to the ones we sometimes bought when I was a kid, and got myself some tasty smoked turkey to top it off. Yummie!

The AirTag is now happy again, proudly and discreetly sporting a Plattboj battery. Yay!

As for the S8, well, it works, but I kind of miss the S3. They feel more or less the same when the screen is off, that’s good. With the screen on, however, the S8 feels enormous! I am sure I will love it once I find some nice apps/complications. And the sensors… So much improvement in that department. I should be ecstatic, but I miss seeing the old small Mickey with no-nonsense uncluttered presentation!

56C336C9-AB0A-4CCE-8221-2DADD9225410.jpeg

The disadvantage of sticking with something for many years - you get used to it. 😁

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got my first ever AirTag low battery warning yesterday so naturally I seized the opportunity to take my new Series 8 watch for a walk. Also picked up some bread from the bakery, similar to the ones we sometimes bought when I was a kid, and got myself some tasty smoked turkey to top it off. Yummie!

The AirTag is now happy again, proudly and discreetly sporting a Plattboj battery. Yay!

As for the S8, well, it works, but I kind of miss the S3. They feel more or less the same when the screen is off, that’s good. With the screen on, however, the S8 feels enormous! I am sure I will love it once I find some nice apps/complications. And the sensors… So much improvement in that department. I should be ecstatic, but I miss seeing the old small Mickey with no-nonsense uncluttered presentation!

View attachment 17881

The disadvantage of sticking with something for many years - you get used to it. 😁
We had to recently replace all of ours too, I had a hell of a time finding one of them in our luggage, had to ping it half a dozen times. Also dropped one down the neck of my new scooter so it's covered too.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Got my first ever AirTag low battery warning yesterday so naturally I seized the opportunity to take my new Series 8 watch for a walk.

We had to recently replace all of ours too, I had a hell of a time finding one of them in our luggage, had to ping it half a dozen times. Also dropped one down the neck of my new scooter so it's covered too.

I did too! It was a couple of days ago, DT's backpack was squawking :D

We keep a large supply of CR2032 batteries in stock (we use them for a number of decorative lights around the house), so I had a replacement on hand. We've purchased these several times:

Hard to beat, ~$10 for 40.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Yeah, the rest of mine will need new batteries soon too. Fortunately the Plattboj was an 8-pack and all my AirTags are easy to access when they are due. 🥳

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got my flu shot and some milk and green onions. I'm still living on an all soft food diet as my dental implants heal (I have no bottom teeth at all right now) and have found that pureed chili is great, I've been adding sour cream and cheese to the blend and now will be adding some green onions to it. You have to get creative when you can't eat solid food lol.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
How long did they last? I got a bunch to give out as Christmas presents and kept some for me.
Had to search my mail for the order and delivery date, and wow, the included battery lasted me 16 months.

Never used the beep functionality, but still, wow!

The other batch (three more) have hit their 11 month active marks now, no battery warnings there yet.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I finally have gotten caught up with my local issues from being away from home. My two pets have been my shadows and making sure I don’t go near my Go Bag, lol! I hope all of you are doing well.
Funny how aware they get, as soon as we start packing all hell breaks loose in my house. One of our dogs will camp next to the luggage and not move until we make him, it's funny and a bit sad.

JamesMike

Power User
Reaction score
Funny how aware they get, as soon as we start packing all hell breaks loose in my house. One of our dogs will camp next to the luggage and not move until we make him, it's funny and a bit sad.
Angel my cat has to be put in the conservatory so I can get out the front door! Mork, my dog just looks sad when I don't take him with me.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

My daughter's cat will keep getting in her bag when she is trying to pack. Just gets in, curls up and lays down. I guess she figures either she can't pack with her in there or she gets to go as well.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

omg when I was packing up to leave the West Coast and head to NY for a job hunt, the youngest of three Siamese cats in the household where I lived for a year came into my room and sat in a box I was planning to pack a few things in to be shipped east. I picked him up and put him back on the floor and said "No no Han Sua you can't come with me, sweet thing, and I need this box for my books! "

When I turned around a couple minutes later he was not only back in the box but had imported the ball of twine I had set out on the desk. I cried for ten minutes.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This offer not available in Florida, Alabama, or Mississippi.

Hah, right. Up here we've already got a few trees tipped with red and gold from some overnight dips just into frost territory.

What I wish for the South is a manageable experience of this year's hurricane offerings...

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Certainly feels a lot more autumnal today. Sunshine but not too warm.
Got all the lawns cut. Dug out some roots to prepare an area for planting.
Tomorrow I’m off to the Lake District, so will be packing etc.

Top Bottom
1 2