What are you doing today?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
My second bedroom is my storage room, and briefly -- VERY briefly -- I actually had it tidied up and it looked great -- but then I got into another project and now there's stuff all over the place in there again. Sigh.... One of these days I absolutely MUST get in there and put that room into some semblance of order!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
So far I haven't accomplished very much today except emailing/texting back-and-forth with a friend in between reading and writing forum posts. Ah, but the day is still young......

I definitely prefer my beer and wine to be served in a glass, thank you very much! Even as a kid I also didn't like drinking juice, Coke or Pepsi out of a can or bottle, either, always requested a glass if it were not provided.

Ah, excellent.

Likewise, for I did the exact same as a child, and still do, now.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Grocery, early, it was thankfully quiet - only one hill-billy halfwit without a mask, pushing her three ugly kids around in a cart.

Tons of good BOGO, BTGO deals. Glad I skipped beer at the liquor store, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on sale, $15.99/12-pack (bottled ... FUG ... :D)

Drank one for lunch, it's kind of an odd day, BIL stopping by on his way to New Smyrna (from PA), JB is making her stellar homemade M&C, and we're doing a hotdog bar, it's pretty fun, we get some good buns, good dogs (Sabrett), and setup a huge line of different topics, condiments, usually do a 1/2-at-a-time for more variation. It's simple, cheap, delicious, fun.

He's super cautious, isolates for days at a time to confirm any issues, tests, masks, etc.

I'm working on moving some new code over to a different project, good cross-pollination of design patterns/techniques.
Beer at lunch makes me sleepy.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Cleaning the dining room which has been a defacto storage area since consolidating the contents of a 3200sf house with a basement, into a 2500sf house with no basement. I’m working hard to convince my wife that the house is 95% full and that moving stuff from one room to another just shifts the clutter around. Something has to go! I am also not proud of my office which is more storage than not. That will be my next cleaning disposal project.

View attachment 1470
Most of the clutter removed​
Just to clarify when you say something has to go to your wife, you do know she is thinking of all YOUR crap she doesn't want to keep! It won't be hers!

I've done nothing but work today. Telephone interviews for a new position.
Lunchtime walk and early morning cross trainer session whilst Mrs AFB went to the supermarket. Good news is they still have celery. That lunchtime snack that is so filling. If I close my eyes and switch my taste buds off I can pretend its crisps!

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone did :D

I mowed! I organized my detailing box! I might have written some code, 4 beers at lunch will do that to ya ...

All good, as long as you didn't get behind the wheel.

7y0id4w2imp31.jpg

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone did :D

I mowed! I organized my detailing box! I might have written some code, 4 beers at lunch will do that to ya ...
I'm so out of practise with drinking I'm afraid what 4 beers would do to me! Thats probably more than I've managed this year!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, I only had the one :D However, it's after 5p, so I'm having a little something-something right now.

Wow, yeah, 4 beers like one's I typically drink, and you would be taking a nap. o_O

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been on a northeast ski forum for many years. There’s a thread about ski area response to COVID. Some ding dong posted a conspiracy theory vid about masks being ineffective. I reported him (first time reporting anything) and publicly told him. Now I’m batting away personal insults by the not-small-enough righty contingent on there. Exhausting but fuck them.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Dining room seems to be an outdate idea. 👀
I agree. We don’t have one. The little room that was meant to be a dining room in our house is my craft room. I’m looking forward to Christmas break so I can do some heavy crafting. I think the only thing I’ve done in there in a year is my nails. 🤣

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I only had the one :D However, it's after 5p, so I'm having a little something-something right now.

Wow, yeah, 4 beers like one's I typically drink, and you would be taking a nap. o_O

I almost never drink these days, kind of like Bender in Hell is Other Robots. In spite of that, I can still probably win a drinking contest against many lightweights.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Beer at lunch makes me sleepy.

Yes, me too.

In fact, I rarely drink at lunch, and crave a nap subsequently; actually lunchtime alcoholic beverages are rarely consumed unless I am abroad on holidays, or, occasionally while attending a conference, and who among us have been able to live that sort of life this year?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
A long time ago I learned that it was much, much better for me to simply have water or iced tea or coffee at lunchtime rather than imbibing a glass of beer or wine. I just hold off on the alcoholic beverages until later in the day and until after I've done anything important that needs to be done. Beer and wine both relax me, which is great -- when it's an appropriate time for that!

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
As I recently learned with my Acura, unfortunately if a car doesn't get driven much, then the tires will develop rubber. rot and cracking, which of course can be unsafe and lead to unpleasant situations. I'm mindful of this now with my new car, and hopefully will drive her more frequently than I had been the Acura. The last seven or eight months, of course, with the Pandemic, really meant I was driving very, very little. Not good for the car, not good for the tires!

I have the same problem. This is why when I drive my car, I drive it irresponsibly fast, take corners hard and burn rubber every chance I get... you know, to be a good citizen and to properly care for my vehicle as to keep it road worthy. Having to replace tires prematurely is bad for the environment. I know I’m doing the right thing because other drivers are constantly honking their horns to encourage me and waving ”you go, buddy” with their finger!

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ugh, Bud.

An awful beverage.

As for wine in cans,......football fans be damned (and I am a football - i.e. soccer - fan myself); I prefer bottles, and an actual glass, for both beer and wine.

So, still an abomination.

Wine in a can is literally how I got through Econ classes in grad school. It’s not my fault, really. Day one the professor talked about two countries trading wine and cheese. Something about a Ricardian model of economics. I was just trying to apply myself. I got the wine, not the cheese though.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Dining room seems to be an outdate idea. 👀

I agree. I have a massive 10 person glass table. It has four elephants holding up a half an inch thick round glass. It weighs a ton. It took several workers to move it into our new house. We’ve used it twice since. An entire room devoted to having two meals a year... It doesn’t make any sense!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I got further results back from my cardiac stress test and echo.

The echo shows no major malfunction, although my left ventricular is small. (And all this time people thought the problem with me was either that my shoes were too tight or my head wasn’t screwed on just right.)

My doctor and I discuss it in a follow-up appointment I have in February.

Top Bottom
1 2