What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Decided at the last minute to go downtown and feed the squirrels. They’ve finished removing trees and limbs that fell during hurricane Sally, so the park was open again and all barricades gone. After walking a good bit, we stopped for coffee and so hubby could have beignets. (He was covered in powdered sugar by the time he finished, but he just can’t resist those fat bombs.) It was nice to just sit outdoors.

A small group of people sat at the next time for a while, and eventually went inside to eat once they realized the powdered sugar was going to blow all over them from the breeze outside. I was very happy they went in since they were quite loud in their anti-mask comments. Ugh.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Went out to the library to pick up my two books being held for me, and then made a quick stop at the grocery store. I was surprised at how busy it was. I guess I'm not the only one who figured that it would be a good idea to shop earlier this week rather than waiting until Monday or Tuesday, not to mention Wednesday! -- then the store will be really busy, thanks to folks getting in all their food for their Thanksgiving feast, whether it be for a family of four or an extended family of ten..... I have the strong suspicion that a lot of people are going to ignore the CDC recommendations and travel to be with family or friends, anyway.....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Went out to the library to pick up my two books being held for me, and then made a quick stop at the grocery store. I was surprised at how busy it was. I guess I'm not the only one who figured that it would be a good idea to shop earlier this week rather than waiting until Monday or Tuesday, not to mention Wednesday! -- then the store will be really busy, thanks to folks getting in all their food for their Thanksgiving feast, whether it be for a family of four or an extended family of ten..... I have the strong suspicion that a lot of people are going to ignore the CDC recommendations and travel to be with family or friends, anyway.....

Enjoy your books......

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
I still haven't finished A Burning, as I fell asleep over it last night! Probably will finish it tonight, and then of course after that I'm going to jump right into The Left-Handed Booksellers of London! The other book I picked up I'd forgotten all about having reserved a long time ago, Karen Osborne's Architects of Memory. Still have a pile of other books, too, awaiting me.....

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Another Sunday, another football game. It’s also a gorgeous day out, so I’m currently sitting on the deck drinking my morning coffee. Will shortly switch to tea.
You were watching the West Ham game? Didn't know you were a fan! :)

Here the usual Sunday. Some walks with Mrs AFB and a bit of gardening, some housework and the inevitable photo for her latest craft creation. Later some work as is my Sunday evening custom. Off work tomorrow, so that's good.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Have been catching up with forums, reading The Washington Post, wrapping up Week 47 of my 52 Weeks photographic project and posting the eight best images in the thread on Nikon Cafe , setting up the file for Week 48 on the desktop so that as the week progresses and I shoot images I'll have the place to stash them..... Warmish and windy, but cloudy day out there, so haven't decided if I'll go out for a walk or not.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
At the moment, I suspect that sustained interest this subject matter may well be confined to yourself and myself.
japan_2020_adidas_home_kit+-+11.11.19.jpg copy.jpg

JAPAN NATIONAL TEAM
The Samurai Blue
plays for a nation obsessed with soccer. They innovate and achieve big results across the Asian Football Confederation and worldwide. Japan is a traditional regional power that’s proudly qualified for every FIFA World Cup since 1998. They advanced to the Knockout Round in 2002 as hosts and in 2010 in South Africa. Bosnian boss Vahid Halilhodzic has steered the Japanese National Team since 2015 and mixes players from Europe’s top leagues — Shinji Kagawa, Shinji Okazaki, Maya Yoshida and Yuto Nagatomo — with stars from the domestic J-League.
(NB: copy from site selling adidas' Japan National Team team kit...but nonetheless all true! bold type by me)

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Grocery shopping right before the holidays is a potential mini-superspreader event. I can remember standing in long lines the day before Thanksgiving and seeing one guy get nasty with another. 'Tis the season. Before all you could end up with was a potential punch in the nose. Now it's coronavirus.

Me, I'm still doing all my grocery shopping via pickup. Even then I see a few time slots are starting to vanish as others get the same idea.

NBC said that on Friday there were already a million travelers at the airports. So yeah, a lot of people are ignoring safety rules.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I already picked up most of our supplies, including our turkey, just a little 13-ish lb bird. :) A couple of weeks ago, I scored a GE 7.1 cu/ft chest freezer for the garage, it's reasonably small, but hold weeks of extra meats, frozen veggies, etc., and our turkey :D

We ordered a Kringle for desert, it's like a Kringle, in a pie, wrapped in a riddle ... o_O We probably will still need some last minute supplies, I'm thinking a 7a-7:30a run on Tuesday will be semi-quiet.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I am not in a mood to cook today, so am debating what I shall have to eat.

I may not be in the mood to cook either but I'm tempted by the fresh produce Instacart rounded up for me yesterday, so I'll be cooking anyway, but only as long as it takes to get a stir fry of veggies on top of some brown rice noodles and a bit of teriyaki sauce over it. Lunch for a lazy Sunday was leisurely coffees and a couple poached eggs over torn pieces of buttered toast w/ hot milk poured over, salt, pepper, delicious...

Top Bottom
1 2