What are you doing today?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
All this food prep talk led me to think of one of my favorite commercials.

I’ve actually never seen this lengthier version. 😂

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yesterday I was sulking over the fact that at noon... and at 10am.. and 2pm... the skies and lighting and landscape were all the same as at what had passed for daybreak, and the same as what ensued in twilight before the early dark.

Surely books and music were invented to do away with noticing stuff like the end of November in the northern hemisphere.

Sometimes I can't even get them to work right this time of year though... unless I draw the shades early and pretend it's 10pm on a summer evening instead of 4pm and wishing for the winter solstice already.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I doubt that my interest might dwindle, but I could lay money on my frustration (and annoyance) increasing.....
Absolutely! I can relate, but thankfully not this year. We currently sit in front of Arsenal and both Manchester clubs with a quarter of the season gone. I'd take that if offered it before the season started!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yesterday I was sulking over the fact that at noon... and at 10am.. and 2pm... the skies and lighting and landscape were all the same as at what had passed for daybreak, and the same as what ensued in twilight before the early dark.

Surely books and music were invented to do away with noticing stuff like the end of November in the northern hemisphere.

Sometimes I can't even get them to work right this time of year though... unless I draw the shades early and pretend it's 10pm on a summer evening instead of 4pm and wishing for the winter solstice already.

Yes, my neighbour's indoor lights were on by 3.30 (15.30) on a dark, miserable, filthy wet November afternoon both yesterday and today.

I know the feeling, al to well.

There is something especially depressing and dreary in the specific darkness of overcast November afternoons, a darkness not replicated in either December or January. Perhaps, this is all in my mind.

Absolutely! I can relate, but thankfully not this year. We currently sit in front of Arsenal and both Manchester clubs with a quarter of the season gone. I'd take that if offered it before the season started!

West Ham are doing well this season so far, but then, they bought intelligently during the transfer window.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Made a quick trip to the grocery store for something I'd forgotten the other day, and stopped in at the library to return a book and while there took a quick glance at the New Books section spotted a title I'd been wanting to read, so have that at home now....

Got a new 1 TB Samsung T7 delivered from Amazon today, so took care of putting the files on it that I needed, and now that's done. Also just for the heck of it, back in the forum for another look, and this time while here changed my avatar again.

It's chilly outside today, although not extremely so, and the sharp, cold wind that we had yesterday is gone, thank goodness. Sunshine and blue skies help a lot! I do hate to have it getting dark so early, though -- yuck!

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes, my neighbour's indoor lights were on by 3.30 (15.30) on a dark, miserable, filthy wet November afternoon both yesterday and today.

I know the feeling, al to well.

There is something especially depressing and dreary in the specific darkness of overcast November afternoons, a darkness not replicated in either December or January. Perhaps, this is all in my mind.

West Ham are doing well this season so far, but then, they bought intelligently during the transfer window.
We also got rid of some more malingerers.

Made a job offer to someone today. Hoping he takes it on as all the work projects are converging with me at the centre right now!

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Malingerers. Yes, that's a lovely word.

I think that we may have some of those still lurking somewhere in our ranks, too....

Good luck; hope he is a good fit.
The one I was thinking of came from your ranks! But yes I like the word malingerers. Although it does make me think of Blackadder!

But yes he looks like he will fit in well with the team. Both the MD and I thought so.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
The one I was thinking of came from your ranks! But yes I like the word malingerers. Although it does make me think of Blackadder!

But yes he looks like he will fit in well with the team. Both the MD and I thought so.

Yes, I think that I know who you mean.

A gentleman who is rather well remunerated, come to think of it.

Re the new chap, good to know that he will fit in well; that matters, as does character, almost as much as technical competence.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think that I know who you can.

A gentleman who is rather well remunerated, come to think of it.

Re the new chap, good to know that he will fit in well; that matters, as does character, almost as much as technical competence.
Well taking over from me in a few areas he has a lot to live up to! Once he's accepted I'll just tell him to say goodbye to his wife and kids! (maybe I should have mentioned that in the interview.......)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I already picked up most of our supplies, including our turkey, just a little 13-ish lb bird. :) A couple of weeks ago, I scored a GE 7.1 cu/ft chest freezer for the garage, it's reasonably small, but hold weeks of extra meats, frozen veggies, etc., and our turkey :D

We ordered a Kringle for desert, it's like a Kringle, in a pie, wrapped in a riddle ... o_O We probably will still need some last minute supplies, I'm thinking a 7a-7:30a run on Tuesday will be semi-quiet.

Final supply run early this morning, we wanted to get a fresh turkey, the one I previously bought was frozen and would just be moved to Christmas or something, and I scored! A fresh Butterball, ~18lbs, relaxing in the fridge.

*BOOM*

Also have a glorious Kringle arriving tomorrow from Wisconsin.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Enlighten me, please, @DT: What exactly is a "Butterball"?

Well, it's going to be my nickname after I eat that whole Kringle.

:D

It's a popular turkey brand, this is one of their fresh (so not frozen), they're claim they're more "natural" (if that means anything ...)

Top Bottom
1 2