What are you doing today?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Through our COVID tracker at work I’ve been informed that I had contact with a positive person so I’m quarantined from work, potentially for another 8 days.

My 6 year old Sony TV has chosen today to shit the bed. LG OLED, anyone?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Through our COVID tracker at work I’ve been informed that I had contact with a positive person so I’m quarantined from work, potentially for another 8 days.

Stay safe & take care.

I spent an enjoyable hour or so pottering around preparing dinner; nice, relaxed cooking.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Hopefully it wasn’t extended contact and you’ll be fine.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hopefully it wasn’t extended contact and you’ll be fine.
I totally am, I think. Should have mentioned this contact occurred in what’s called an inoculation room at the pharmaceutical manufacturing company I work at. We were dressed like Dustin Hoffman in Outbreak so super sterile environment and gowning. I consider this a formality and appreciate a few paid days off.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I am reading the news about last night's 4am earthquake with a cocked eyebrow. It felt a lot bigger than the reported 4.0 and I've been through several quakes. But it was fairly close. Less than 10 miles away. Even freaked out the Labrador kid.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In additional to my existing stock of terrific beers: IPAs (of various types) from Stone, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, I picked up Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock ... from BA:

1617825091528.png

Anything over 90 is excellent, as you approach 94-95, it becomes transcendent. But 97? This may be my last post ...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
In additional to my existing stock of terrific beers: IPAs (of various types) from Stone, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, I picked up Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock ... from BA:

View attachment 4337

Anything over 90 is excellent, as you approach 94-95, it becomes transcendent. But 97? This may be my last post ...
Sigh.

Sublime.

U

User.45

I don't believe that even exists ...

:ROFLMAO:
If you don't live in a prudish state like I do, you can order it. I have to order to a friend's address in a neighboring state. Another reason I miss Chicago.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If you don't live in a prudish state like I do, you can order it. I have to order to a friend's address in a neighboring state. Another reason I miss Chicago.

Ahh, yeah, I tried to get Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing out of CA, just can't be shipped anywhere that I have a connection:

1617832097115.png

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Holding onto ski season as tight as I can. But, today will be my last day I think. 42 ski days this year, which is good for me. March was awful for the New Hampshire snowpack.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
A few years ago when their new same day services had just started, me and the partner at-the-time were in SF, doing a pitch for our VR tech, the speakers for our setup got left behind, needed them for max impact, so we ordered a pair, same day was an option, but 2 HOUR was also an option for like another $12, used that - guy comes up in a van in like an hour, it was astonishing. I asked if he was just driving around with a van full of electronics, like a in-air refueling vessel ...

In the late-90's when Amazon delivered a book to me in less than 24-hours, it was astonishing. The idea of delivery in two hours is just shocking. I can't even wrap my head around it.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
In the late-90's when Amazon delivered a book to me in less than 24-hours, it was astonishing. The idea of delivery in two hours is just shocking. I can't even wrap my head around it.
Do you remember when you could pop to a shop and get something in 5 minutes? Thanks to Amazon that will soon be a thing of the past.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Logistics (especially in combination with the internet ) in general sort of amazes me, and I'm supposed to be an expert (hahaha, we sold a HUGE web project years ago due to our "logistics expertise" ...), I mean, think about it ...

I click a button on a website, that in itself, is kind of a miracle given the complexity of the internet infrastructure, DNS, computers, code, a maze of wires, fiber, routers - that's converted into a physical request for an item to be moved into a box, loaded on a truck/aircraft - it then proceeds back to you through the air, across roads, to your door. I used to love the abstraction and simplification that used by [I believe it was] FedEx, "It's all just atoms ..."

Top Bottom
1 2