What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's easy to end up with multiple pairs if you run on different terrain. Personally I wear through all of them no matter what brand or how many I purchase. I don't even have a fraction of that, but try walking/running (and about to take up mountain biking) ~150/month (and increasing). You too would go through many shoes, assuming you don't do that already. COVID pretty much knocked it into overdrive. I work remotely now, and I need something to get me out of the house as much as possible.
Oh, he doesn't run. He just collects tennis shoes. You know, the hot brand name ones that have release dates? SMH It's the one thing about my son I'll never understand.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
COVID vaccination day for me today. Hope I don’t feel like shit afterwards as I have meetings this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

Based on reading quite a few experiences, including my own, the several hours immediately following are kind of uneventful, so your afternoon meetings, you're probably good - tomorrow morning? Beware :D

Which vaccine? The other thing is the two dose options seem to have the most potential for a negative effect on the 2nd dose (certainly that was the case with me, and all of our close friends).

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Good luck.

Any chance of rescheduing meetings scheduled to take place immediately after having received a Covid vaccine?

I wish. We have a product launch on Thursday that has been 12 months in the planning and I need to be in the meetings to give technical direction. I have warned them I might not be at my best though [emoji2961]

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Based on reading quite a few experiences, including my own, the several hours immediately following are kind of uneventful, so your afternoon meetings, you're probably good - tomorrow morning? Beware :D

Which vaccine? The other thing is the two dose options seem to have the most potential for a negative effect on the 2nd dose (certainly that was the case with me, and all of our close friends).

I had the Astrazeneca vaccine. I feel mostly fine so far apart from a hot and achy arm. No doubt tonight will be a bit different. My wife is still under the weather and had hers on Friday. She went into work today but was in bed all day yesterday. Weird as she was bad on Saturday but fine on Sunday. We even went out walking.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I wish. We have a product launch on Thursday that has been 12 months in the planning and I need to be in the meetings to give technical direction. I have warned them I might not be at my best though [emoji2961]
The very best of luck with it, but I would be most surprised if you were at your best.
I had the Astrazeneca vaccine. I feel mostly fine so far apart from a hot and achy arm. No doubt tonight will be a bit different. My wife is still under the weather and had hers on Friday. She went into work today but was in bed all day yesterday. Weird as she was bad on Saturday but fine on Sunday. We even went out walking.
Ouch.

Good luck.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
PT and OT this morning. I think they’re trying to kill me. Kidding. They’re finally addressing the source of the problem which is the scar adhesions. I get a short massage from each therapist, so I can’t complain much.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was in a similar situation, too many projects and there was no way I could take any time off. In fact I just went the last 14 days without a single day off, it sucks having a job that dominates your life and working from home makes it that much worse because you're basically always available. We have flex time (unlimited vacation) but in two years I haven't even taken more than a week because I can't make time for it.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sudden change of plans. We're going to take a ride over to Mississippi to visit a nursery that has a tree hubby wants. All good, cause then we can go to a restaurant that I love that has the best shrimp and grits cakes!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sudden change of plans. We're going to take a ride over to Mississippi to visit a nursery that has a tree hubby wants. All good, cause then we can go to a restaurant that I love that has the best shrimp and grits cakes!

Shrimp? Did someone mention shrimp?

Sigh.

Do enjoy. I love shrimp.

Headed out for some local shopping: Mineral water, multi-seed brown bread, butter, and my organic milk.

And spotted a raspberry cheesecake (small and not sweet), and a raspberry and dark chocolate cake (small) in the bakery where I bought the multi-seed brown bread (a thing that weighs almost as much as a brick, but both tasty and horribly healthy).

So, I am now sipping coffee (Peruvian) with hot milk, and relishing and savouring a small raspberry cheese cake and a small (not sweet) dark chocolate and raspberry cake: I told myself that I hadn't bought any cake for my birthday - the cakes I like (dark chocolate, raspberry, tart apple) weren't available - so that this - even if a little belated - wil do nicely.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation, too many projects and there was no way I could take any time off. In fact I just went the last 14 days without a single day off, it sucks having a job that dominates your life and working from home makes it that much worse because you're basically always available. We have flex time (unlimited vacation) but in two years I haven't even taken more than a week because I can't make time for it.
We have just extra time! I just more or less hung up on one of my bosses as I told him it was cutting into the two and a half hours a day I don’t work for him.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
The very best of luck with it, but I would be most surprised if you were at your best.

Ouch.

Good luck.

Well I felt absolutely shattered today and got through it thanks to double teaspoons of Nescafé Gold Blend. Now experiencing a caffeine crash and aching from head to foot. Not my best, but you’re not surprised I know lol :)

Just thought I’d fish for sympathy like your friend I mentioned on the other thread ;)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m calling roofing/siding people to get an estimate on getting my siding repaired. Damn wind storm threw a big branch against the house and punctured it in three places. (I thought vinyl siding was supposed to be durable?)

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Doing a few domestic chores such as laundry and tidying the house, with intentions to get outside later, as it's an amazingly warm day and feels like summer! Tomorrow and Friday I have workers coming to do the annual required HVAC inspection and the every-two-year required dryer vent inspection, so that'll be done for a while. Last year we didn't need to have the HVAC inspection done and send in a copy of the receipt to the management company the way we normally do thanks to the pandemic, but this year it's back on the schedule. Even though I'm vaccinated of course I don't know about the guys coming to do these inspections so will don a mask when each of them arrives....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well I felt absolutely shattered today and got through it thanks to double teaspoons of Nescafé Gold Blend. Now experiencing a caffeine crash and aching from head to foot. Not my best, but you’re not surprised I know lol :)

Just thought I’d fish for sympathy like your friend I mentioned on the other thread ;)

Sympathies; and no, I'm not surprised.

Take care.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We have just extra time! I just more or less hung up on one of my bosses as I told him it was cutting into the two and a half hours a day I don’t work for him.
I can relate with this, I've been trying to push back but the amount of work is so overwhelming and won't let up so I really have no options but to let some of it slip and I hate doing that, the result is poor quality of service and from the client's perspective I am directly responsible for it.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score

I worked from home yesterday for the first time in a month and have pretty much gone fully back to the office. It pissed me off a while back when one of the directors at our place made the unfounded comment our department were not doing as much when working from home. The reality was we increased our output and have delivered more in 12 months than had been done in 14 years prior. Much of that was because instead of turning our computers off at 4.30pm and going home, we’d stay working later into the evening and often turn on in the morning at the time we’d all usually be leaving for work. The working day was longer and because we were at home, there was less distractions and no time wasted walking around the factory to other departments.

It’s sort of backfired on them now because we are all back the office and usually start and finish on time lol. I can still work from home if I want to though which is a useful perk.

Top Bottom
1 2