What are you doing today?

U

User.45

For older stuff it seems Apple in store is a bit generous. I traded in an old iPad mini & a 2012 Macbook Air, that Best Buy for instance said they would just take to recycle. The Apple store gave me $60 + $100 respectively, that BB & I think originally Phobos offered $0.
Awesome! Is the MBA still functional? Also, good to know.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In store trading is finally available at an Apple store near me. Began trading in the pile of old Apple products gathering dust.

Halfway to a new iMac if one comes out Sept / Oct that interests me. Also had a little bit more to get the new Apple TV remote.

Evidently the mask mandate is / isn't lifted. So kind of confusing. Had one lady look at me in shock as I put ON my mask to go into Publix.

For older stuff it seems Apple in store is a bit generous. I traded in an old iPad mini & a 2012 Macbook Air, that Best Buy for instance said they would just take to recycle. The Apple store gave me $60 + $100 respectively, that BB & I think originally Phobos offered $0.

Oh, so are you saying the online trade, which is handled by Phobos was __lower__ vs. walking in to the store and getting a trade quote?

I'm finally about to list that '15 MBP, it went down a little on Apple.com but I was going to post it on Swappa or something.

U

User.45

Yeah my idea of an oldie is a 2nd gen ipod nano... w/ no scratches thanks to an iSkin and a battery life of long enough to drive to the store and back while FM-transmitting its tune to the car stereo... think the trade-in on that would be verbal kudos but no giftcard!
That's pretty impressive!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Awesome! Is the MBA still functional? Also, good to know.
Oh yeah. Everything was functional. Logged out, erased, & reset. Earlier in the year when I was thinking of trading in stuff to get the new iPad Pro, Best Buy was offering $25 for the Macbook Air.

Oh, so are you saying the online trade, which is handled by Phobos was __lower__ vs. walking in to the store and getting a trade quote?

I'm finally about to list that '15 MBP, it went down a little on Apple.com but I was going to post it on Swappa or something.
It seemed that way to me. Honestly with the stories I read at MR, any price Phobos gives you may get lower once they take possession of your trade. With the in store trade, they have it hand make sure it works, get a price, and it's up to you to accept. Done. I liked that, since I had more faith if I screwed up signing out or whatever I feel I can trust Apple a bit more.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Yeah my idea of an oldie is a 2nd gen ipod nano... w/ no scratches thanks to an iSkin and a battery life of long enough to drive to the store and back while FM-transmitting its tune to the car stereo... think the trade-in on that would be verbal kudos but no giftcard!
Yeah, if it isn't a phone, mac, tablet, or watch, Apple automatically just takes it for recycling. No option to trade in. On all my stuff, it had a case & screen protector / keyboard protector on them so it looked like a lot like it came right from the box.

For awhile the Nano's were in demand because of the camera. I still have my 2009 Orange Nano because at the time it was like a bootleg vid camera for anyone trying to get into Youtube but didn't want to spend money or cart something around big.

Note:
Also if anyone isn't aware, Apple doesn't take accessories. So if you're heavy into buying accessories, if you want money back, that will be personal sales.

Meaning I've got some extra early iPad Pro cases lying around

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A tweet tonight from my favourite cousin (@Apple fanboy knows of him, and of my warm regard for him; one of his two daughters is autistic).

The mother he refers to - sharp as a razor, a woman who would happily terrorise you and would eat you without salt, who retired from her job as a postmistress (which she had held for the best part of half a century) at the ripe young age of 82 (with reluctance) - is my aunt, my father's sister (who adored him, and whose regard he warmly returned - and whose warm relationship with my father - her younger brother - is not entirely unlike my own relationship with my own younger brother, known on these threads as Decent Brother).

"My mother had a visit from her 99 y o first cousin yesterday. "How is she?" I ask. "Well she's really showing her age" says my mother. She's a mere 97."

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
A tweet tonight from my favourite cousin (@Apple fanboy knows of him, and of my warm regard for him; one of his two daughters is autistic).

The mother he refers to - sharp as a razor, a woman who would happily terrorise you and would eat you without salt, who retired from her job as a postmistress at the ripe young age of 82 (with reluctance) - is my aunt, my father's sister (who adored him, and whose regard he warmly returned - and whose warm relationship with my father - her younger brother - is not entirely unlike my own relationship with my own younger brother, known on these threads as Decent Brother).

"My mother had a visit from her 99 y o first cousin yesterday. "How is she?" I ask. "Well she's really showing her age" says my mother. She's a mere 97."
You've just reminded me of my long departed grandmother! She would be talking about one of her neighbours and what they had been up to (she lived in OAP sheltered housing for the last 15 years or so of her life), and she'd whisper she's 87 or whatever. To which we would reply, well you are 82! She was a lovely lady. Loved to cook. I only took Mrs AFB there once to eat and she used salt instead of sugar in the cake. She had dementia by that stage, and I don't need to tell you what a fun ride that is!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Hilarious! I had a great-great aunt who used to opine similarly about another great-great aunt (on the other side of my grandparents' family). They too were only a couple years apart, both lived with my grandparents, and neither was one to give points easily in any after-dinner debate about current events of the day, even in their late 90s.

That pair more than passed for entertainment during those otherwise occasionally trying moments when no one was to ask to be excused from the table yet... usually because Grandpa hadn't quite finished his dessert and had (sigh...) put his spoon down for awhile, all the better to more actively moderate the great-great-aunts' discussion!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy shit, so this just happened ... o_O

1623433147662.png

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Went to get my ears sprayed out again, and it left me worse off than what it was when I went in. For about 15 minutes, I got to feel what it was like to be nearly 90% deaf.

D

Deleted member 199

Another day another suspension. I thought about making a joke in a thread (not directed at anyone) but thought better of it just to be safe.
Im sure it would have been deemed offensive to someone.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Icing off and on for days now. Hand surgery was Tuesday and was extensive. Will need another surgery further down the road. My stupid arthritis has wrecked my wrists and hands. My surgery hand hurts like hell. 🥺

Holy smokes, I've got aches, pains, etc., from a lifetime of abusing myself, plus, you know, that age thing :D I feel for you! Take some Ibuprofen and drink a couple several beers.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Speaking of a couple of beers ... I will NOT be having them, or any booze for that matter, we're doing a 21 day reset, super low carbs, no booze, low-er-ish dairy, started first thing this past Monday (June 7th). We __might__ break form a little on the booze part for Dad's Day, Sunday after next (though planning some killer low carb pizzas we've made in past, mostly it's just a change in the crust, the base is almond flour).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahaha, we all did this thing with app that creates different stylized versions of your portrait, we tried the 3D, aka, "Disney-fied" (like their CG based style), they're pretty fun, tempted to use mine as my avatar for a few days :D

Top Bottom
1 2