What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My oldest grandson is coming over in about an hour. We're going to start bingeing Gotham together. I've seen it, so I'll be his guide to the wonderfully weird world that has given birth to so many infamous villains, and one famously dark hero. I even sent him a trailer from the show's premiere to whet his appetite.

Fun! How old is he?

I did manage to get Daughter to kind of / sort of, watch Black Widow with me, Girl Powa / ScarJo at least had her sitting in the same room :D

Last edited:
U

User.45

Got an e-bike (Lectric XP 2.0). Tested it out, managed to get to my workplace in 9 min. Would actually take the same time by car, so I'm very happy.

We are also taking turns with my wife helping our daughter build her first lego spaceship.

Last edited by a moderator:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
ride to a new expensive part of Lake Oswego. I found, these paths on google so routed a ride to them. a few of the path starts were stats so I found one that we could ride our tandem on. cool tunnel under the road I was looking for pennywise. I found at least 3 other tunnels on this path network. it was all paved with a lot of short steep climbs. too many doglegs a few we could not make the turn on the tandem and had to walk. the big forrest area only had a path we can ride along the edge. no bikes on most of the paths. a strage fountain in that really yuppie part of Lake Oswego. Plus a new sculpture at the start of the bike path. a gate going to the route through ha cool cemetery that someone was going the hard way to get into. you dont usually see a building with all rafters and nothing tying it together and a bunch pee bottles outside the portapotty.
'
IMG_3420.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg
IMG_3422.jpeg
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3425.jpeg
Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 4.47.42 PM.jpg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Fun! How old is he?
He's twelve--just about the same age as Bruce Wayne when the series begins.

We watched the first three episodes and he was disappointed when he had to go home. He wanted to stay for more.

I'll have him back, of course, but at literally 100 episodes, this could take some time.

...I did manage to get Daughter to kind of / sort of, watch Black Widow with me, Girl Powa / ScarJo at least had her sitting in the same room :D
Well, that's something anyway. Is she old enough to appreciate it yet?

It's funny, when my own boys were growing up, they had absolutely no interest in science fiction, superheroes, or anything like that--not even the most popular stuff like Star Trek, Twin Peaks or The X Files. So there wasn't much in the way of common interests that I could share with them.

That's what makes this special for me. It's not only quality time with my little bud, but sharing it with him, I get to reignite the sense of wonder I felt watching it the first time.

Heck, the other day at a family get-together, he got excited telling everyone about this section of "Twilight Zone: the Movie" that I showed him--that whole framework story where Dan Ackroyd asks, "You wanna see something really scary??" 😁

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That’s okay, we don’t need to ask. We noticed the missing shovel and the plot of freshly overturned earth.

Now it’s just a matter of seeing who doesn’t show up for work tomorrow.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, that's something anyway. Is she old enough to appreciate it yet?

Definitely old/smart/clever enough (she's 13), she's just not into it too much. She's been watching Asian soap operas (she's into K/J-pop), Why Women Kill and Top Chef :D

Heck, the other day at a family get-together, he got excited telling everyone about this section of "Twilight Zone: the Movie" that I showed him--that whole framework story where Dan Ackroyd asks, "You wanna see something really scary??" 😁

Is that Creedence? I love Creedence ...

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Can’t speak for the weird place you’re living in, and I know it doesn’t help you at all but I can assure you that it wouldn’t have happened here. Ikea routines and logistics simply wouldn’t allow it. Sad to hear things like that differ.

It was the Charlotte NC store. We have picked up stuff there for her before on the way to see her without a problem. She had tried to order it from her apartment in Savannah for delivery and that was when she got the quote for $200 (good thing as she was using my CC :)). I was literally driving away from the store (Ok, wife was driving) when I ordered it for the $15.95 delivery fee.

Here I am, jealous again. I complain it’s a two hour/three state drive to get to an Apple store, but it’s a six hour drive to get to the closest IKEA. I love IKEA.

Similar. 3 hours to Apple or Ikea. Columbus OH has both. In the same shopping center.

But I prefer the Easton Apple store over the Polaris one.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Oh meant, to post this the other day, needed a full refresh of lightning cables, some 3', a few 6' foot, so I hit up woot.com which tends to be a good place for that sort of thing.

Got __17__ cables, AmazonBasics Premium (lifetime warranty), 12-pack of 3' and a 5-pack of 6' for $47.90 delivered, that's ~2.82/each.

Woot!

Why do you need so many? Is it like me with utility knives and tape measures? Never seem to be able to find one when I need it.

That is a good deal.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Indeed she does. She did some planting down the side of the house the other day. Looks wonderful. I’ll take a photo if the sun show’s itself again this weekend.

Actually, I get the sense that she is - if not exactly 'happier', at least, somewhat more comfortable in, and content with, her no longer quite "new" surroundings.

I look forward to seeing the shots of the garden, and agreed, the presence of the sun really adds to one's appreciation of gardens.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Actually, I get the sense that she is - if not exactly 'happier', at least, somewhat more comfortable in, and content with, her no longer quite "new" surroundings.

I look forward to seeing the shots of the garden, and agreed, the presence of the sun really adds to one's appreciation of gardens.
I'm really missing it! These last few days the weather has taken a nasty turn. Quite cold at times.

Top Bottom
1 2