What do you mean this won’t be an easy case to solve or close?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

1. I’m pretty certain FedEx knows what packages are on what vehicle and who was driving it.

2. The names and addresses of the “victims” are on each box. Pretty easy to determine who they are and where the packages should go.

I’m not in law enforcement but this doesn’t seem like a hard lengthy case to crack.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

1. I’m pretty certain FedEx knows what packages are on what vehicle and who was driving it.

2. The names and addresses of the “victims” are on each box. Pretty easy to determine who they are and where the packages should go.

I’m not in law enforcement but this doesn’t seem like a hard lengthy case to crack.
Unless it's the prosecutor from the Rittenhouse case.

Last edited:

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
They now know who the driver is, at least.

I have to get a lot of one-off laptop computer parts for my business, and I've got one part that is stopped in New York State for about a week now, and I don't think the carrier has even picked it up yet. sigh.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Heh. I'm having my own issues with FedEx. I ordered this thing from Amazon called The Comfy Dream. Apparently it's all the rage now since they featured it on Shark Tank. It's a kind of wearable blanket.

Well, I get this email from Amazon that says despite the Dec. 3 delivery date they gave me, the Comfy Dream company doesn't know when the product will be ready to ship, and that maybe I should contact them directly. I can believe it. I thought about canceling the order and placing it elsewhere where it's in stock, but you can't find the thing for love or money.

On top of that, when I check my order on Amazon's own site, it says that it's already shipped via FedEx. FedEx tracking acknowledges they picked up the shipment, but nothing else. To paraphrase Rod Serling, it's in an area which we call...The Twilight Zone.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
Heh. I'm having my own issues with FedEx. I ordered this thing from Amazon called The Comfy Dream. Apparently it's all the rage now since they featured it on Shark Tank. It's a kind of wearable blanket.

Well, I get this email from Amazon that says despite the Dec. 3 delivery date they gave me, the Comfy Dream company doesn't know when the product will be ready to ship, and that maybe I should contact them directly. I can believe it. I thought about canceling the order and placing it elsewhere where it's in stock, but you can't find the thing for love or money.

On top of that, when I check my order on Amazon's own site, it says that it's already shipped via FedEx. FedEx tracking acknowledges they picked up the shipment, but nothing else. To paraphrase Rod Serling, it's in an area which we call...The Twilight Zone.
Death to the Twilight Zone; my customer wants his part!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Your customer can tell a crying girl that she's not getting her present for Christmas. 😆

sad-little-girl-crying-on-753983.jpg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We replaced our thirty-year-old machinery with a shiny new computerized thing that greatly improved our throughput (this was a couple decades ago). It worked wonderfully for over a year, then the motherboard in the main controller took a crap. Naturally, that happened a day before our heaviest workload, so we had to same-day a replacement from the other side of the country, which meant that some guy over there had to put it in an attaché case and get on a plane. Not free shipping. But we did get it.

Your average business does not believe in keeping high-priced spare parts on hand. Running the machine in manual mode for half a day was a pain, and the shipping was obviously fiendishly expensive, but bean counters only know how to count beans.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

It would be surprising if FedEx does not know which packages are put on which of it’s trucks and who was driving those trucks. Maybe this is just a BS police make excuses statement, or FedEx has an issue with inventory control.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It would be surprising if FedEx does not know which packages are put on which of it’s trucks and who was driving those trucks. Maybe this is just a BS police make excuses statement, or FedEx has an issue with inventory control.

Is it FedEx or FedEx Ground?

If Ground, then they might know the truck, but will not know the driver as they are contracted by the route owner and are not FedEx employees.

Top Bottom
1 2