What do you use for home alarm systems?

U

User.45

Did the maintenance guy also fill up the peephole in the door? :)

Seriously, I understand why people opt for no monitoring because of the cost. As I said, we do it because it could save the day in some situations where we're not home. In addition to smoke and CO2 detectors, we have two water sensors, one in the laundry room and another by the water heater upstairs. I haven't yet installed a doorbell camera. SimpliSafe just came out with a wireless, battery-powered outdoor camera with motion detection, which I may do next.
Avoid Arlo's essential doorbell. It's a scam. We got one that came with the house and while I was impressed at first that the previous owners left it, we soon learned why. Essentially any meaningful function of it requires a basestation. Wanna record? Basestation. Wanna integrate with Homekit? Basestation. The only good thing I can say about it is that you can use your echo dot as a chime with it. That's it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I would get that only because of their commercials. What a great spokesman they have in ”Robert.”
They should make a sitcom starring him, Jamie (the "who gives away FREE wood" guy) and Flo. Their ads are hilarious.

D

Deleted member 215

Our house has an ADT Smart Home system. My parents had it installed a few years ago (before that, we also had ADT, just an older system from the early 2000s). This one is security + fire/carbon monoxide alarm + smart home stuff. There are a few cameras. Our house is in the hills on a couple acres of land. The only thing that has been caught on the camera so far was a coyote. Lol

Top Bottom
1 2