What Game You Playing?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
June 2021:
  • So I tried Alien Isolation and backed slowly away. Too scary.
  • Then I tried Starwars Jedi Fallen Order and am getting a sore wrist. Game originally came out for console I believe. May try this with a console controller. Good Starwars vibe.
  • Continued on my third play though of Fallout 4, a RPG, possibly my favorite game of all time based on how much I’ve played it. But after a recent GPU (GeForce) update, my game was crashing, crash to desktop for any zone load or fast travel. I figured out a fix, don’t let GeForce Experience optimize the game. I have a 4k monitor and in game selected the pre-4k resolution and unchecked “windowed”, back in business for now. This is an oldish 2015 game.
    It’s a role playing game with an outstanding story, want to hear about it? :D
    You, your spouse and child live a happy life in suburbia circa 1950s Boston by appearance. After buying a spot in a community bomb shelter, the worst happens, a nuclear Holocaust, and you just barely make it to the shelter with your family. It is cinematic as a nuke goes off in the distance as the pliatorm you are standing on descends into the ground.
    In this shelter, you are walked to a chamber to sit in and as you go unconscious, you realize this is a cryo-chamber. At some time in the furture you regain consciousness as your baby is pried out of your spouses arms, he/she is awake, protests, and is shot to death, your baby taken and you fall back into cryo sleep for another unknown period of time. Then you wakeup and your mission is to find your son. But where, when, how long? I’ll just say it’s been a long while and the adventure starts. :)
  • World of Warships- I play this casually. 20 minute battles. Drive around the ocean fighting battles with opposing forces, 2 teams 15 players each. I’m exclusively driving battleships. It ranges from exhilarating to frustrating. ;)
  • Need another game. Picked up Death Standing on sale through Steam, but it was reportedly on sale for $7 at Epic Games.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Alien looks very scary, I couldn't play it.

I have Fallen Order and Fallout 4, but I wanna beat the Halo MCC series and then all the remaining Call Of Duty games first. I find it hard to be motivated to actually play, however. But they are there when I feel like it!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Alien looks very scary, I couldn't play it.

I have Fallen Order and Fallout 4, but I wanna beat the Halo MCC series and then all the remaining Call Of Duty games first. I find it hard to be motivated to actually play, however. But they are there when I feel like it!
When you get around to playing Fallout 4, I can give you some tips, but understand if you prefer going in unaware. My biggest issue with the vanilla game are the choices the developers try to force on you. Imo one major choice is unrealistic.

As I said in another thread, I can handle the scare factor of Alien Isolation, I just don’t like the dreams I end up having, not terrifying, just bothersome and unsettled. :)

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
When you get around to playing Fallout 4, I can give you some tips, but understand if you prefer going in unaware. My biggest issue with the vanilla game are the choices the developers try to force on you. Imo one major choice is unrealistic.

As I said in another thread, I can handle the scare factor of Alien Isolation, I just don’t like the dreams I end up having, not terrifying, just bothersome and unsettled. :)

Yeah I remember the thread, it's awful having dreams like that. I went through a phase of call of duty dreams, was so strange and hard to explain what happened, but I fully understand where you are coming from there.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Don't bother without a wheel though. Physics and wheel force feedback are pretty much the best out of anything out there. Forza can be an enjoyable romp with a gamepad, but it's not even in the same hemisphere.
Sounds good, unfortunately I don't have room for the wheel etc.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just launched Death Stranding which I bought on sale at Steam and can be found at Epic Games too. Originally released on console I think. Pretty amazing environment, a Sci-Fi novel? UPS man? Online component... More about this later.

5C9F7C3B-AE07-43B3-B4EB-1A166140BCD3.jpeg
What’s that baby doing in the jar?...​

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Yeah I remember the thread, it's awful having dreams like that. I went through a phase of call of duty dreams, was so strange and hard to explain what happened, but I fully understand where you are coming from there.
There is a Fallout 4 thread at MacRumors I authored, and have talked about it bunches, spoilers galore, but don’t mind talking about it here, if you start playing it. I can tell you the general theme without too much in the way of spoilers and point you at links that talk about “the best ending”. That would be an ending with the most factions standing unless you decide the Institute is your kind of organization. :)

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
There is a Fallout 4 thread at MacRumors I authored, and have talked about it bunches, spoilers galore, but don’t mind talking about it here, if you start playing it. I can tell you the general theme without too much in the way of spoilers and point you at links that talk about “the best ending”. That would be an ending with the most factions standing unless you decide the Institute is your kind of organization. :)
It's on the to-do list. I have the Game Of The Year Edition too.

How many endings are there?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's on the to-do list. I have the Game Of The Year Edition too.

How many endings are there?
I’d consider these mild spoilers, but since the avenues are designed by a game company, you can kind of get funneled into one of them. If you don’t want to know, I don’t mind if you stop here. :) Maybe do the main quest blind, see how it strikes you, and if you feel strongly about it, educate yourself and do a second play through with what is considered the “best ending” by many players.

——-or continue into spoiler land:
It’s like this there are 4 factions, Minutemen, Railroad, Brotherhood of Steel, and Institute. If you follow the paths to their endings there are 1-2 factions are left standing. During this game, for a long time, you can ally with all 4 factions, being friendly with all of them. But via quest at some point there will be a quest where one, several faction will ask you to attack another. You might even think this has to be, but it does not, if you pick certain quests not to complete. I’ve got a link on how to do that, but maybe this is more than you want to know at this point.

Here is the biggest single issue a significant spoiler if you don’t want to know with the game imo that involves the Institute.
You have to decide to be with the Institute or destroy the Institute. And the problem with that imo is why would you ever decide to blow up the largest treasure trove of technology in existence? Except the game does not offer a take over the Institute option. As you play it, you’ll see how you feel about these factions, and make a decision. There is a way to leave 3 factions standing and be friendly with them, 3 minus the Institute. There is no other option in the vanilla game, unless you go with a third party content mod.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Maybe do the main quest blind, see how it strikes you, and if you feel strongly about it, educate yourself and do a second play through with what is considered the “best ending” by many players.
Yeah I'll go in blind, I've seen a little bit of gameplay before and it looked good. :)

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Busy weekend ahead, but once I get back home I'm going to start Black Ops Cold War. Got it on amazon sale; saved £24.01. :cool:

Good job I bought it when I did, as it is back up to £59.99!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
June- Started Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, a future Earth where humans basically live in the Stone age, machines rule the planet, and abandoned high tech underground facilities with human remains are there to be explored.

Just launched Death Stranding which I bought on sale at Steam and can be found at Epic Games too. Originally released on console I think. Pretty amazing environment, a Sci-Fi novel? UPS man? Online component... More about this later.

View attachment 5890
What’s that baby doing in the jar?...​

Quit this, got tired of being the UPS man.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My guess is some of you know there is a huge Steam Summer Sale going on that ends tomorrow (July 8).
I was thinking hard about the Middle Earth Games, Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War, and was asking myself, do I really want to be ruing over filthy orcs???

Well, ok one game is only $4 and the other $7, it's got great reviews, so I guess I can take a chance. :) Any opinions here?

maxresdefault.jpg

4.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
672A70B5-3BDC-448F-892C-FEE26E12E329.jpeg

Beyond: Two Souls (PC release 2020)- Console export, in my experience this is a unique game, enjoyable, best played on a Console controller, although it can be played with keyboard/mouse. There is a lot of swiping with console joystick input. I started with keyboard and switched over to a wired xBox controller.

The story is about a girl who at first glance seems to have special telekinesis powers, but in fact is linked with an entity that has telekinetic powers. She is scooped up by the CIA to do their bidding. Then she changes pace, taking a sabbatical so to speak, but later gets pulled back in. I’ll clarify, this is not an action game of multiple secret agent style missions, there is some practise and one primary mission in the story arc. There is story resolution and it’s satisfying.

Having said I enjoy it, much of the combat is swiping (with your controller), punching, blocking, kicking, shooting, however any game that needs to tell you which buttons to push, to accomplish a multistep action task can be awkward at times, because for somethings instead of acting instinctively, you have to wait for a button to flash. Fortunately these scenarios seem very forgiving.

At the start, you are given the choice of playing the Original release or play the Remix version. I researched online, never tried the original version where the story jumps around forward and back from chapter to chapter. I chose Remix which is chronological order and was very happy with that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
June- Started Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, a future Earth where humans basically live in the Stone age, machines rule the planet, and abandoned high tech underground facilities with human remains are there to be explored.

Quit this, got tired of being the UPS man.

HZD seemed to have all the elements including an open world to be a good RPG, but I got bored with character dynamic and have put the game aside.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

0246D348-EFC2-4E99-B81C-EDCB8EF07F4F.jpeg

Watch the trailer. I was lured to try out Road 96, (made by a French game developer, I believe) described as a walking simulator/adventure, is set in an imaginary totalitarian country that looks like the western US and you are a young adult trying to escape to the border by walking, hitching a ride or paying for transport

This is definitely casual gaming which only has about a total of 10 hrs of game play, which I bought on sale. (Found on both Steam and GOG.com.) Before I started playing, I thought traveling 1000 miles would be a long slog, but Chapter 1 only took a little over 90 min to get to the border. The choice at the border was break into a truck waiting at the border to hopefully sneak across, or take the mountain trail over the peaks. In this story you run into interesting characters, but it’s light on content. Chapter 2 is with another character from a different location and you’ll meet other people and maybe some you met in a previous chapter. Then Chapter 3 etc.

As a casual game, I enjoy it as a change of pace, there is no real skill involved, just choices, the atmosphere and experience and this will not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Top Bottom
1 2