What have you bought recently?

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
Wanted to give a different style of Adidas a try, so saw these & had to give 'em a go.
51329856336_735ce07f64_z.jpg

I have an obsession with backpacks, sling bags, & messengers so I threw a white camo one in as well. Hopefully if I get to travel at all this year, I may use this. I seem to be keeping with a white & orange theme this year.

51197818877_cd77c130d8_z.jpg
I obviously love the shoe purchase. I hope my new ones arrive soon.

How long have you had the white Magic Keyboard? White is my favorite "color" and think the Magic Keyboard looks beautiful...new. I'm wondering how it will hold up over time.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I obviously love the shoe purchase. I hope my new ones arrive soon.

How long have you had the white Magic Keyboard? White is my favorite "color" and think the Magic Keyboard looks beautiful...new. I'm wondering how it will hold up over time.
I have had the white MKB since day one. I believe it holds up well, but I also have a skin on it because I like to put stickers on my stuff over time. The white is just a pleasant change over the constant black accessories. With a grey iPad, it really does give off a cool 'stormtrooper' vibe.

51284444749_7e67265609_z.jpg

51270228452_21ed9e7f8f_z.jpg

Over time I can't tell how it will hold up, but I'm also not hung up on that like some in the iPad accessories forum. Stuff is supposed to show wear & tear over time. Yes it's expensive, put price doesn't make something immune to the affects of time. Since you can't trade in accessories back to Apple & people will always want to nickel & dime you on a personal purchased, I don't care anymore.

It's battle scars. It shows something well used. (y)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
4000.00 worth of Baltic birch plywood. I now exciting right? but the problem is I use a lot of this high grade plywood but supply had dried up or diminished. all kind of problems containers are unavailable the price of them has skyrocketed the plywood is sitting in containers with no one to unload them and no one to drive the trucks to ship it. Russia may be doing things to make the us suffer but who knows? other plywood is getting hard to get in the us because builders started using it when they could not get the building grade plywood's. the mills cant keep up with demad so orders are backlogged. this is really going to cause issues to so many people for the rest of the year. I had to break into my savings to get the plywood once I found out the price will double but also that it wont be available no one really knows right now.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did you get all 10 pieces? :ROFLMAO:

I started replacing the deck boards at my mom's. Went with composite - it was cheaper. :oops:
construction lumber was what jumped up so much. but now most plywood is going up because construction started using the regular plywood to build with. I got the plywood for the normal price but it is 116 sheets have to build a way to store it in my tiny shop. but it is 5'x5' sheets most of it is 3/8" thick but I bought the last of it. maybe some will come in next month but no one is sure. it maybe next year before the supply chain gets fixed.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
What do you build, @fooferdoggie? I've only used Baltic Birch once, to make a set of cornhole boards by bending the wood (kerf cuts) instead of the traditional box construction.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What do you build, @fooferdoggie? I've only used Baltic Birch once, to make a set of cornhole boards by bending the wood (kerf cuts) instead of the traditional box construction.
I don't build a lot I mostly cut parts for others. but this wood is for these crates for a company galled Growlerwerks. this is their large size. these go for around 200.00 each. there are bad ones so dont go by them.
IMG_3062.jpg
IMG_3063.jpg

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have to admit quietly that I also have a Tilley hat. I only use it in the summer though on very hot days when I am doing stuff at the stables.

On a separate note, it seems like installing proper air-conditioning is something that we will have to consider, despite living on the south / south west coast of jolly, old England. Yesterday my study reached 34.5 Celsius, which makes it quite unpleasant. It took some driving around to find anywhere that had stock, but I walked out with one of these.

View attachment 7271
Any good? My fans aren't cutting it.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Some garage shelves. Tomorrow its (finally) due to be cooler and raining. So I guess I'll be putting them up then.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you do the laser work, too, or is that done by someone else? Are you using a CNC for the cuts?
its actually a wood burning operation thats far faster only takes two seconds. I do that too. I od these start to finish including the design.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also how is the logo stamped on / branded?

Also, how do I use these growlers? Fill them up with cold beer? How do they keep my beer cold?

I have so many questions
yes wood burned. they bought me the iron its mounted in my drill press. its really fast only a few seconds for each one. yes cold beer and then they have a CO2 cartridge in the lid that pressurizes the beer so it stays fresh longer (I don't drink so I have no real experience) they also do a coffee thing nitro coffee again I don't drink coffee so I don't benefit at all. I also make their tap handles too.

D

Deleted member 199

most recent purchases were just ordering grocery type items, stocking up on dry/packaged goods up via online ordering essentially, because shit is starting to hit the fan here.

Sorry to ruin the mood.
so the 7kg (~15.4 lbs) of dry pasta finally arrived yesterday. Should last a little while I guess.

Top Bottom
1 2