What have you bought recently?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

I'm sorry, I still giggle whenever I "hear" the phrase "man bag".

Just not my first choice of phrases.

I guess it beats "man sack" though. By a little...

It beats murse lol

D

Deleted member 215

Just more expensive audio equipment. :)

I bought a vintage turntable on eBay and then purchased a brand new Grado phono cartridge for it. It’s supposed to arrive today so I’m looking forward to listening to some classical records. ^_^

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Dipping sauce dishes, the little Japanese porcelain ones about 3.75" diameter, they are perfect as lids on 20oz coffee or tea mugs in chilly rooms as autumn settles in around here. Of course they're handy for dinner prep also, perfect size for some of the ingredients of a stir fry or whatever. My latest ones have little sunflowers on them. Perfect match for a deep blue 20oz coffee mug I favor lately. And a few tea biscuits happen to fit nicely in the little bowl as one carries the arrangement from the kitchen...
sunflower bowl.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Thread has been dead for a month so here is to bringing it back.

While I have been Mac since 2011, I do have a need for a Windows computer now and then. I used to run Fusion and have it on my Mac, but I found it was just easier to keep a Windows laptop around.

But my 10 year-old Dell with Win 7 is showing its age, so I have been looking around just waiting for something that caught my eye. Well I found it, sort of. BB is selling the previous Surface Pro 7's for a good discount now that the 8's are out, so I scored an I7, 16/256 for $400 off. Picked it up this weekend when headed over the M-I-L's. Got there and it was DOA. Wouldn't charge or wake or anything. So I looked around and found another one and it will be here today. (Took the bad one back to BB yesterday).

So hopefully this new one will work. I am not really a fan of Win 10, so I will upgrade it to 11 and hope I like it better. All I will be using it for it programming Lutron, URC and running Hytek Meet Manager. But now I need to locate a good USB-C - Serial adapter. Once I found one that worked with my old one, I kept a close eye on it like a thumb drive with Bitcoin on it. :)

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I received my new M1 MBA last week. It’s weird being able to load iPad apps on it. Transfer has gotten so easy.
Same on the phones. For me, it has almost taken the joy out of getting a new device. My new phone or computer can be set up like my old one in an hour or two without me even touching it. For many people, that's great. But I kinda liked adjusting all the settings and stuff. And yes, I know I still can. But it's not the same!

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I just bought a first generation Amazon Echo Show 8. They are already at their lowest price, and Amazon is offering 25% off plus $5 credit if you trade in an old Echo device. So I traded in a first gen Echo Dot, which they gave me $5 for, and the $5 credit, and $15 off the Echo Show. I couldn't afford to not upgrade!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just bought a first generation Amazon Echo Show 8. They are already at their lowest price, and Amazon is offering 25% off plus $5 credit if you trade in an old Echo device. So I traded in a first gen Echo Dot, which they gave me $5 for, and the $5 credit, and $15 off the Echo Show. I couldn't afford to not upgrade!
I love my Show. I have one in the bedroom and one in the living room. They’re connected to my Ring doorbells so I can see who’s at the door without getting up.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
but I found it was just easier to keep a Windows laptop around.

Yeah if I still needed a Windows based machine I'd be doing that too now, instead of trying to manage some version of it on a Mac any more. Back when I needed that, mostly because there was a dearth then of quilting-related software for Macs, keeping parallels in hardware was too expensive (but maintaining any of the virtual alternatives was a pain in the neck).

Top Bottom
1 2