What is in your power outage kit?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I dunno. I can't shake the feeling that it's just gonna taste like wet garbage with cornbread and Cholula.
Cholula?! No!

DBB0AE5D-09C0-4B71-9CF8-FCD55A8A8020.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Frank’s Red Hot is 1,000,000x better than Texas Pete’s. It’s the only hot sauce allowed on true Buffalo wings….

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
But you use the red sauce. This is basically a vinegar mix that has been boiled and the peppers go in as it cools. I make my own.

Yes. You do not put f****ing red sauce on greens, I will hunt you down ...

I rejuvenate pepper vinegar, just top it off with fresh vinegar, shake a few times, over a day or so it's almost full strength. We make greens about once a month, should probably do it more, they're super delicious, healthy, inexpensive, and easy to make (please season, onion, etc., don't serve greens boiled in plain water ...)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So just having experienced a several day outage I'm once again putting Anker power banks on my list. I didn't exhaust all my Apple gear's batts this time around but the event reminded me that somehow the power banks conveniently fell off my priority list sometime after the last long-duration outage.

I wouldn't have been happy if left only with the crank radio for amusement. The state of FM radio in this area is mostly noxious, and one can tire of the seriousness of PBS/NPR, or at least I do.

So on to Amazon to investigate the powerbank options. Anyone's reccos are welcome although I figure that a couple of Anker 26800s or equivalent would be fine for my needs.

And yeah, still in piggy-bank mode: a whole house genny installation. I'm working on it, had thought 2022 would be the year but now I'm thinking 2023. There's always some piece of Apple gear I'd rather have.

Top Bottom
1 2