What Is Your Argument For Socialized Healthcare?

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Casual Solipsist
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
The current system benefits insurance companies and for-profit healthcare companies like Cancer Treatment Centers of America, etc. It is a horrible deal for everybody else. I suppose it also gives an edge to large companies when it comes to health insurance costs, because they have a larger pool and can pay less per employee than a small company.

Either way, it wastes so much money, and I just don’t understand why we stick to the system. Do the insurance company lobbyists really have that much power?
We’re the sheep pushed down the shoot.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I present...
When COVID-19 struck last year, Travis Warner's company became busier than ever. He installs internet and video systems in Texas, and with people suddenly working from home, service calls surged.

He and his employees took precautions such as wearing masks and physically distancing. But visiting clients' homes daily meant a high risk of exposure to the coronavirus.

"It was just like dodging bullets every week," Warner says.

In June 2020, an employee tested positive. That sent Warner and his wife on their own hunt for a test.

Because of limited testing availability at the time, they drove 30 minutes from their home in Dallas to a free-standing emergency room in Lewisville, Texas. They received PCR diagnostic tests for the coronavirus, as well as rapid antigen tests.

When all their results came back negative, it was a huge relief, Warner says. He eagerly got back to work.

Then the bill came.

Top Bottom