What I've Been Working On

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I can't seem to find my old thread, so I'm starting a new one.

I figured that I've spent way too long away from my hobbies, and it's high time to kick things off again.

StationWIP.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Neat!

Spooky, I think that gas station is in Silent Hill ... :oops:

U

User.45

I can't seem to find my old thread, so I'm starting a new one.

I figured that I've spent way too long away from my hobbies, and it's high time to kick things off again.

View attachment 3266
Have you considered doing design for a computer game? I would def love it. The color composition takes me back to those "open world" games in the late 90s, like Little Big Adventure 2 (one of the best gaming experiences of my life).

Renzatic

Reaction score
Have you considered doing design for a computer game? I would def love it. The color composition takes me back to those "open world" games in the late 90s, like Little Big Adventure 2 (one of the best gaming experiences of my life).

You're like the 50th person I've seen gush on about Little Big Adventure. I need to get around to playing those games one of these days.

I've thought about maybe making a game, but I'm really more interested in telling a story than I am doing something interactive. It's already taking me awhile just to bang out a bunch of props and scenes, so adding coding, scripting, and all that good stuff into the mix would end up taking that much more time.

But on the plus side, I figured out how to make things more comic book-y. I lose out on some atmosphere (literally), but I get some nice lines in the trade-off.

StationPropsRender.png

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Neat!

Spooky, I think that gas station is in Silent Hill ... :oops:

Edward Hopper... or maybe John Gorka's The Flying Red Horse

On the other hand @Renzatic it ain't right if it don't have a can of turnip greens stashed on a shelf somewhere. What happened to that thread... or was that over at the other place.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Edward Hopper... or maybe John Gorka's The Flying Red Horse

On the other hand @Renzatic it ain't right if it don't have a can of turnip greens stashed on a shelf somewhere. What happened to that thread... or was that over at the other place.

Turnip greens, you say? Okay. I re-uploaded the pic above. YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF SUBTLY SURPRISED!

And that thread was here, but it disappeared for some odd reason. I think maybe the mods have it out for me. O_0

edit: Well hell. There it is.

U

User.45

You're like the 50th person I've seen gush on about Little Big Adventure. I need to get around to playing those games one of these days.

I've thought about maybe making a game, but I'm really more interested in telling a story than I am doing something interactive. It's already taking me awhile just to bang out a bunch of props and scenes, so adding coding, scripting, and all that good stuff into the mix would end up taking that much more time.

But on the plus side, I figured out how to make things more comic book-y. I lose out on some atmosphere (literally), but I get some nice lines in the trade-off.

View attachment 3282
Now this filter looks like Borderlands.

LBA2 is great BTW, I fondly remember listening to Hello Nasty from the Beastie Boys on a cassette using a WalkMan and playing LBA2 forgetting about everything else. It was ~22 years ago:) There's a remaster now so you can always try it. AFAIR there's a nice PG13 story included.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Now this filter looks like Borderlands.

LBA2 is great BTW, I fondly remember listening to Hello Nasty from the Beastie Boys on a cassette using a WalkMan and playing LBA2 forgetting about everything else. It was ~22 years ago:) There's a remaster now so you can always try it. AFAIR there's a nice PG13 story included.

...a little bit. But hey, Borderlands looks like most comics, so yeah. :p

I remember those days. That was when I was playing Blood and Command 'n Conquer Red Alert nonstop, jamming out to Chemical Bros. Man, the 90's were so awesome, yet so damn cheesy.

U

User.45

...a little bit. But hey, Borderlands looks like most comics, so yeah. :p

I remember those days. That was when I was playing Blood and Command 'n Conquer Red Alert nonstop, jamming out to Chemical Bros. Man, the 90's were so awesome, yet so damn cheesy.
Haha. Yeah, listening back to Electronica from the 90s...it wasn't very future proof for sure...with a few exceptions. Red Alert was the shit!

Renzatic

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, listening back to Electronica from the 90s...it wasn't very future proof for sure...with a few exceptions. Red Alert was the shit!

The Chemical Bros. aged pretty well, I'd say. Can't make that claim for the rest though.

And Red Alert. Man. If you were lucky enough to have a computer with Windows 95, and a 2MB graphics card, you could play that game in 640x480. IT LOOKED LIKE REAL!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Renzatic I did find some pre-compiled versions of that app I helped develop, I mentioned a while back, here's the start screen (I can snap a few more if you're interested). The lights are dimmed, waiting for the director, don't know if you can really see it, but Luke and Obi-Wan are in the background, those floating bars/displays will show the scene dialog and give you action cues (the scene is to the 1/10ths of a second - see clock in the lower right - in sync with the original movie scene).

ScenePlay_1.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, I guess I didn't totally explain, the player characters are actually using VR systems, so they see the scene from 1st person, and have full 3D hand controls (developed using HTC Vive), and this is from the director or "audience" view where they see it from 3rd person, and can move around the scene using the controls on a KB or control stick.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Oh, I guess I didn't totally explain, the player characters are actually using VR systems, so they see the scene from 1st person, and have full 3D hand controls (developed using HTC Vive), and this is from the director or "audience" view where they see it from 3rd person, and can move around the scene using the controls on a KB or control stick.

Looks pretty cool. Do you just watch the scenes play out in VR, or can you directly interact with it?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Looks pretty cool. Do you just watch the scenes play out in VR, or can you directly interact with it?

It's fully interactive, in fact, YOU actually "perform" the characters through the scene: you speak the parts (dialog is shown via the floating teleprompters), you move around, perform actions based on cues ("Take your father's lightsaber"), and one of the ideas was to have audience ratings, like who performed the scene the best - and archive all performances, kind of like playthrough videos.

So you would get to be a character, in a scene, from your favorite movie, and not even necessarily a character originally portrayed by an actor (YOU get to be the shark from Jaws, during the boat attack scene, as experience from the POV of the shark :D)

Top Bottom
1 2