What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)- Again... Strong story following Thor: The Dark World. Technically it’s not safe to assume anything about Hela in the end, although Cate Blanchett is super in the role.

6291EBEA-73EA-44BA-8BB9-A2651B796638.jpeg

Next: Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)

Edd

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

Anyone ever see GI Jane? I learned from this video Demi Moore got a Razzie award, which is just wrong. Moore and Viggo Mortensen are both fantastic in it.

BTW, the JoBlo videos on YouTube are often great watches.

Huntn

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Black Panther (2018)- Again... Power struggle in Wakanda. Sad that the lead, Chad Boseman died young. A sequel is planned for 2022. The cast has yet to be announced. Bucky Barnes makes an appearance in the 2nd post credits scene.

0E9AE63B-B7D8-4FE5-957E-D9C46142E4B8.jpeg

lizkat

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A re-watch of The English Patient is on tap for me tonight. I had purchased a digital download and do tend to watch it again at least once a year or so. Acting and cinematography remain memorable. The scenes with the biplanes over the North African desert... wow.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
As I understand it, you could’ve brought T. S. Eliot’s “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats” with you and had basically a libretto of the whole thing.

Thta is a brilliant book (I have two copies, two different editions).

A thoroughly enjoyable - witty, entertaining, clever - read.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A re-watch of The English Patient is on tap for me tonight. I had purchased a digital download and do tend to watch it again at least once a year or so. Acting and cinematography remain memorable. The scenes with the biplanes over the North African desert... wow.

A terrific movie, - intelligent, interestig, thought-provoking, moving, unsettling, stunning cinematography, superb cast, acting, script, and a fascinating book (yes, boring, I know, but I read it).

And biplanes over the North African desert......yes, wow. Agreed.

I'd love to travel in a biplane; but, yes, I have been flown in small planes - turbo props - across parts of north Africa, landing on what were basically grass (well, dusty, dry, red earth, with lots of dust, camels, and archaic windsocks)...... and in central Asia.

Huntn

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
7B4B16B3-50EF-4F5C-B94B-8A8E9CF0E0CC.jpeg

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)- Again... Epic story which is fairly straight forward if you have watched the lead up Marvel Movies to what I consider to be the climax of this story arc as compared to Avengers: End Game which imo is a convoluted time travel mess trying to reverse what was wrought in Infinity War.

Sadly both Peter Quill and Thor blow their chance to defeat Thanos.

Huntn

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

A terrific movie, - intelligent, interestig, thought-provoking, moving, unsettling, stunning cinematography, superb cast, acting, script, and a fascinating book (yes, boring, I know, but I read it).

And biplanes over the North African desert......yes, wow. Agreed.

I'd love to travel in a biplane; but, yes, I have been flown in small planes - turbo props - across parts of north Africa, landing on what were basically grass (well, dusty, dry, red earth, with lots of dust, camels, and archaic windsocks)...... and in central Asia.
Not trying to start any fights, but The English Patient is artsy, and boring but I don’t insist on agreement as it is a matter of personal taste. Not judging relative taste either. Points to Sceptical for using the B word. ;)

I’d lump it with Out of Africa, and Bridges of Madison County. And to add evidence it’s not just a man’s perspective, my wife dislikes all those titles too. However she tends to dislike turning adultery into a love story, even though she acknowledges there are examples where it is understandable that unpleasant relationships can result in finding true love somewhere else. :):)

Top Bottom