What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well…

Retiring the name Bond and rebranding the franchise as 007 would solve many problems. They might even give it a go, they certainly paved the way for it. In the end, they’ll probably just reboot Bond anyway.
Opening it to 007 would add some new opportunities. This would be better imo than a female or a black Bond, of course they could always make them a niece or nephew. 🤗

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
voyagers1.jpg

“Voyagers” (HBO) starts in familiar sci-if territory, then turns into a thriller.

With Earth dying, a ship is sent to a habitable planet with a small crew of trained adolescent survivors, knowing it’ll take three generations to get there. Things get violent when the crew’s best and worst natures come out. B+.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
No One Gets Out Alive
R ‧ 2021 ‧ 1h 25m
Horror

Ambar is an immigrant in search of the American dream, but when she's forced to take a room in a boarding house, she finds herself in a nightmare she can't escape.

MV5BZGQzODVkZDAtOWFhNS00MWJhLThjNDctNjFlZDExYjg5NWM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

Solid acting, some really spooky moments, with pretty interesting social commentary, and some crazy-insane visual design at the end, the less said the better.

6 out of 10, maybe a 6.5, probably more of a 7-7.5 for horror fans.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
voyagers1.jpg

“Voyagers” (HBO) starts in familiar sci-if territory, then turns into a thriller.

With Earth dying, a ship is sent to a habitable planet with a small crew of trained adolescent survivors, knowing it’ll take three generations to get there. Things get violent when the crew’s best and worst natures come out. B+.
How far progressed is the season? This is strategic info so I might be able to combine a 1 month HBO subscription with the viewing of Dune.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is she
No One Gets Out Alive
R ‧ 2021 ‧ 1h 25m
Horror

Ambar is an immigrant in search of the American dream, but when she's forced to take a room in a boarding house, she finds herself in a nightmare she can't escape.

MV5BZGQzODVkZDAtOWFhNS00MWJhLThjNDctNjFlZDExYjg5NWM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

Solid acting, some really spooky moments, with pretty interesting social commentary, and some crazy-insane visual design at the end, the less said the better.

6 out of 10, maybe a 6.5, probably more of a 7-7.5 for horror fans.
Is she Hispanic/Mexican? I ask because on the local NPR, they interviewed a Latino actress about this movie, hyping it and I wanted to see it. I’m thinking this is it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Is she

Is she Hispanic/Mexican? I ask because on the local NPR, they interviewed a Latino actress about this movie, hyping it and I wanted to see it. I’m thinking this is it.

Yes, and several other cast members. That's both the immigrant angle and ultimately tied to, er, something else :)

Oh, it also stars Marc Menchaca who you might know from Ozarks (he's Russ Langmore).

It's actually based on a 2014 novel of the same name by Adam Nevill, who also wrote the 2011 horror novel The Ritual, which was __also__ made into a pretty decent horror movie, also on Netflix :)

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Finished watching a Korean TV show "Something in the Rain".

Enjoyed it, especially the soundtrack.

The main song is Carla Bruni's "Stand by Your Man" (worth listening!):

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Finished watching a Korean TV show "Something in the Rain".

Enjoyed it, especially the soundtrack.

The main song is Carla Bruni's "Stand by Your Man" (worth listening!):

I watched that recently too. I watched the first episode and it drew me in. As an American, it was interesting to get some insight into S. Korean culture through the show.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, as soon as I saw "Part 1" in the beginning I was like "shit, great" lol but can't wait for part 2 now!
I thought maybe it was a single movie in two parts. No. Such. Luck.

How many years before we get part 2?

U

User.191

I thought maybe it was a single movie in two parts. No. Such. Luck.

How many years before we get part 2?
No-one knows. Apparently it depends on how well it does on HBO Max (which I find odd). Sounds like they’ve got a draft of the script but I’m guessing that there’s no signed contracts, just options.

So it could be 2-3 years before part 2 - and that’s one helluva gamble.

U

User.191

Yes, and several other cast members. That's both the immigrant angle and ultimately tied to, er, something else :)

Oh, it also stars Marc Menchaca who you might know from Ozarks (he's Russ Langmore).

It's actually based on a 2014 novel of the same name by Adam Nevill, who also wrote the 2011 horror novel The Ritual, which was __also__ made into a pretty decent horror movie, also on Netflix :)
Oddly the original story was set in Perry Barr, a district located north of Birmingham in the UK, and even though it was a British production, they still changed the location to the US…

Top Bottom
1 2